Sima Transferring

• 156 replies

Marillac

Re: Sima Transferring
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »
I don't wish any ill will on the kid, but don't you guys think that if he watched tape of the games he played this season he'd recognize how lost he was? There were times where he was playing defense and he wasn't even aware of where the play was taking place. It often looked like he was dogging it, but in fairness, he wasn't alone.

He was a 7-foot soph. What did you expect? He would haven been a very solid guy for us the next 2 1/2 years. You need guys like Sima to keep then ball rolling like Xavier.

Poison

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2016, 12:41:04 AM »
I don't wish any ill will on the kid, but don't you guys think that if he watched tape of the games he played this season he'd recognize how lost he was? There were times where he was playing defense and he wasn't even aware of where the play was taking place. It often looked like he was dogging it, but in fairness, he wasn't alone.

He was a 7-foot soph. What did you expect? He would haven been a very solid guy for us the next 2 1/2 years. You need guys like Sima to keep then ball rolling like Xavier.

I don't follow you. I'm not suggesting that we didn't need him. He was the only center on the team. Still, it doesn't matter how tall you are, if you don't care enough to play hard. The guy moved with the urgency of a 55 year old man playing pickup with two knee braces. He chose to move on instead of recognizing that his poor play was on him. It's not like he didn't get a chance. The guy started every game. He had it made in the shade and all he had to do to keep his job was try harder.

desco80

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2016, 09:27:21 AM »
How does anyone here know that Sima wasn't working hard?   Stop bashing players on the way out the door!

We don't know why he left or how hard he was working.  He did nothing while he was here to warrant this - was never suspended or rumored to be a problem, always respectful etc.

« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
From strictly a game view, it was clear between last season and this year to date  that he did not play with a high motor.  Compare to Owens or an Angel Delgado from Seton Hall and it becomes very obvious.

Takes nothing away from him a person or student.

Poison

« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
How does anyone here know that Sima wasn't working hard?   Stop bashing players on the way out the door!

We don't know why he left or how hard he was working.  He did nothing while he was here to warrant this - was never suspended or rumored to be a problem, always respectful etc.

We because we have eyes and he jogged down the court. You jog down the court when your coach calls a TO. I didn't say he wasn't a good guy. I'm sure he is. Don't you think that whatever program he goes to is going to tell him how to improve his game? How is he going to improve if his weaknesses aren't identified? He has talent. He could become a 12/9 w 2/3 blocks guy as a senior, or sooner. But not if he doesn't look in the mirror.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:01:35 PM by Poison »

derk

« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »

It's not as if we kicked him out. He had his chance, was beaten out by Owens, we recruited over him for next year, and so decided to transfer. Who knows, if he had stayed he might have reclaimed his spot somewhere in Jan - Feb.

« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2016, 04:26:45 PM »

Seems like an over reaction. Don't think any of the recent posts have been personal attacks, but he seemed like he was sort of loafing it in game. That isn't working hard. Didn't seem like he was causing chemistry problems so of course I wish him well, just wish he would have seemed more engaged in games here and realized his physical talent.

TONYD3

« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »
Sima was a bad fit here. When he was here Williams had 0 role. I think Williams is just as good. Williams is also one year closer to graduation. Which Is better in the long run.

Marillac

« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
Sima was a bad fit here. When he was here Williams had 0 role. I think Williams is just as good. Williams is also one year closer to graduation. Which Is better in the long run.

Williams is awful. His conditioning is noticeably subpar. I feel for
the kid, but he's simply not a Big East player after his 3-4 shoulder surgeries. Sima's absence will be felt on conference play when every team we face will have at least one 6'10 240 + player goes nig up against Yakwe and Owens.

The silver lining in losing Sima is pushing Ahmed to the four, Yakwe to the five, and letting RF get some more burn.

ras

« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2016, 04:48:16 PM »
I can't figure Williams out. Have to figure he's not too good based on Mullins reluctance to play him. I like Owens better than Sima, but Sima provided depth. Based on our roster, if all our guards are healthy I like Bash at the 4.

the kid, but he's simply not a Big East player after his 3-4 shoulder surgeries. Sima's absence will be felt on conference play when every team we face will have at least one 6'10 240 + player goes nig up against Yakwe and Owens.

The silver lining in losing Sima is pushing Ahmed to the four, Yakwe to the five, and letting RF get some more burn.

TONYD3

« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2016, 04:58:23 PM »
Agree Williams isn't that good. Think he is better then awful. Sima wasn't better. Ahmed at 4 is good. Play Williams 4 minutes each half. More when we play big teams. Not at all when we play small teams.
Teams need their role players to play roles. Joey delerosa played a few decent minutes vs DUke a few years ago. He may be the least talented player we have ever had.
He came in. Gave some fouls and defended. Your 10/12 guy can't come into the game and miss 2 3 pointers, not guard his man and get called for an offensive foul .
I think Williams can play a role.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:07:06 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »

Is the Williams you are calling awful the same Williams who you were calling a stud and our best player before last season?  ??? :)

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2016, 11:48:32 AM »
Oklahoma and Oklahoma St involved

Baldi on point

Poison

« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »

Williams is an All Big East player. Just you wait.

ras

« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
I can't figure Williams out. Have to figure he's not too good based on Mullins reluctance to play him. I like Owens better than Sima, but Sima provided depth. Based on our roster, if all our guards are healthy I like Bash at the 4.

« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »
I am relative new to soccer and am still trying to figure out what a "false 9" is.  But I suspect that Bash is a false 4.

QuanMan

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/3938921/yankuba-sima

Modest numbers in his first 5 games back playing. 14mpg early on for the 10-4 (0-2) Cowboys.
Section 3
Section 116