Sima Transferring

• 156 replies
Re: Sima Transferring
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
I read something a few weeks ago (it could've been here or Rumble) that Sima probably wasn't gonna come back after this season because he wasn't quite acclimated to the city and the weather. 

Now, that might've been deflection for other reasons, but I do recall reading it.

I don't think the weather had anything to do with it. Supposedly transferring to a school in a cold weather state

Poison

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
Can't say this is surprising. What on earth happened to him? He was better last year.

Johnny23

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »
I read something a few weeks ago (it could've been here or Rumble) that Sima probably wasn't gonna come back after this season because he wasn't quite acclimated to the city and the weather. 

Now, that might've been deflection for other reasons, but I do recall reading it.

I don't think the weather had anything to do with it. Supposedly transferring to a school in a cold weather state

Which school?

Foad

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »
I think overall a net positive for Sima and SJU. 

To be fair the team plane could crash and you'd think it was a net positive.

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »
Agree with Baldi.  This is much more about the roster, system, who is coming into the program, his own development, etc.  I don't think there is bad blood and I don't believe this is one of those Obekpa/Sheed dramas, because all I've heard is that Sima is a good kid.  Sucks to lose him, in my view, but I'm probably in the minority view.  It will absolutely hurt this year unless folks think that Sima was going to be an absolute zero in conference play.  Not having that big body will hurt and, I'm sorry, but Amar isn't the answer to that.  Will impact us more on the glass and defensive side, as bad as Sima has played.  And will need to rebound and defend collectively to make up for losing the one true big we had. 

On the positive side, I'm confident that even if Brown has to sit a year, this staff will find an experienced big body who can play and contribute next year, whether JUCO, immediate transfer route, etc.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Which school?

I heard weather was not the issue. Was not given the school.

But just my uneducated, white male guess. Maryland

Poison

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

Which school?

He wouldn't make the girls team at Maryland.

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by transferring now, he becomes eligible second semester next year, a la Jamal Branch?

Wods317

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »
Sima looked good at times and awful at other times. That is the case with a lot of young bigs. Sima seemed to really struggle this year and I think his playing time wouldn't have been a lot going forward and I think he knew that. He might be better suited sitting out a year and working on his game. Good luck to him.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »
This opens the door for more minutes for Amar and Freud. 

We should improve offensively but it definitely leaves us thin up from from a defensive standpoint. In theory it hurts us on the glass...but Sima was a non factor this season on the glass.

Seems like a good kid and I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »

Which school?

He wouldn't make the girls team at Maryland.

Like I said., just a guess. Or maybe Pitino makes him an NBA player

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »
He leaves with an undefeated record against Syracuse.
Cougar O' Malley

MCNPA

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »
I think overall a net positive for Sima and SJU. 

To be fair the team plane could crash and you'd think it was a net positive.

Touche'

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 03:12:41 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by transferring now, he becomes eligible second semester next year, a la Jamal Branch?

So does that mean hes done playing for the Johnnies this season?

Someone on this board predicted there would be more than 1 scholarship available for next season. Would not have guessed it would have been Sima.

Almost forgot to add... always viewed him as a good kid and a positive teammate.  Wish him the best of luck.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:15:16 PM by Towerofshred »

QuanMan

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 03:15:58 PM »
Clark and Brown would've made him the 13th or 14th man next year. For someone with his size and potential that's just unacceptable personally. Factor in Naz Reid in 2018 and another potential 2018 big via transfer and he's practically forced to transfer hypothetically by the time he's a senior. Unfortunate.

I met him in Indianapolis and he was a complete gentleman. His trademark smile wasn't there all Fall, his body language was poor and last night's box score was evident that things had really soured.

I don't think that this was a rushed decision however. Eligibility wise this lines up with the NCAA requirements for 2nd semester 2018.

It's time for Amar, Rich and to a lowered degree Darien to rise up. They can't let this halt momentum. Go out, get the W on Sunday and adapt. Become better because of this. A very strict 9 man rotation moving forward.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
Its amazing all these people that post they have information had nothing.

Is it because they get all there inside information from Zach and since he is on his honeymoon they have no knowledge of the transfer.

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
Do not have a bad word to say about Sima the person. But he seemed to have regressed and was paying for it in minutes. Hope he finds a good school and succeeds.

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:05 PM »
Its amazing all these people that post they have information had nothing.

Is it because they get all there inside information from Zach and since he is on his honeymoon they have no knowledge of the transfer.

Why do you insist on these writing these inane posts time after time?

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
I was just curious with all people that say they have inside information how come we didn't hear about it.

What is wrong with that.

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2016, 04:40:35 PM »

Correct
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.