Game 21: Seton Hall

• 198 replies
Re: Game 21: Seton Hall
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »
Can we get some real asst's besides Matty A. Bring O'Toole back from Cal to teach.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:49:30 PM by newyorker2586 »

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Jersey recruits at game must be laughing at us

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »
Why do we always look under prepared.

This is another reason for concernment.  People continue to speak about youth and lack of size (although, both have some merits), but it's being overplayed by a few posters.  There are several fundamental issues with this team that's not gonna be fixed by simply adding Simon, Clark, or any other solid or good player to the mix.

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
The team doesn't compete if they don't hit the 3.

Tha Kid

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
These guys need to play with some heart and intensity on D.  Too many easy baskets. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »

This is another reason for concernment.  People continue to speak about youth and lack of size (although, both have some merits), but it's being overplayed by a few posters.  There are several fundamental issues with this team that's not gonna be fixed by simply adding Simon, Clark, or any other solid or good player to the mix.

Fundamentals that needed to be learned at the high school level. Recruit smarter players, I don't care if they can dribble through their legs and fall down after taking a 3

goredmen

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
Really is a shame that Carrington didn't come here and instead went to Jersey. Was just reading through the last couple pages of his recruiting thread and it's a riot how many posters didn't want him here

Water under the bridge.  Our issues are bigger than not having Carrington.

Yeah, but would have been nice to have a really solid 4 year player that has a chance to be a 1st team All BE player in his senior year

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »
The last high IQ players we had were Barkley,Postell, and Bootsy.

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »

+100

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »

Fundamentals that needed to be learned at the high school level. Recruit smarter players, I don't care if they can dribble through their legs and fall down after taking a 3

Some part of fundamentals should be learned in high school, but you still need to practice 'em daily.  Not to mention, there are many high school players who don't know how to play man defense.  Some don't have a clue, while others may have the ability to do so, but have bad habits by not consistently moving their feet and/or reaching for steals. 

Regardless, they still need to be taught and coached on the collegiate level.  There doesn't seem like there's a plan in place.  You can't consistently play this style of ball they wanna play on offense without legit, NBA-level players.  I've said this same thing many times previously.

It's just a complete shiteshow, defensively.  It doesn't even look like they practice much on defense.  People can say what they want, but this season is gonna be an important one, as far as showing we're moving in the right direction.  If we keep getting our arse handed to us by mediocre conference teams the rest of the way, then next season could be a "pressure cooker" type scenario for Mullin.

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »
Also tired of hearing about potential recruits who jump out the gym. If that's all they do then great find them another school. Need fundamentally sound players who can scrap.

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2017, 01:03:38 PM »

Some part of fundamentals should be learned in high school, but you still need to practice 'em daily.  Not to mention, there are many high school players who don't know how to play man defense.  Some don't have a clue, while others may have the ability to do so, but have bad habits by not consistently moving their feet and/or reaching for steals. 

Regardless, they still need to be taught and coached on the collegiate level.  There doesn't seem like there's a plan in place.  You can't consistently play this style of ball they wanna play on offense without legit, NBA-level players.  I've said this same thing many times previously.

It's just a complete shiteshow, defensively.  It doesn't even look like they practice much on defense.  People can say what they want, but this season is gonna be an important one, as far as showing we're moving in the right direction.  If we keep getting our arse handed to us by mediocre conference teams the rest of the way, then next season could be a "pressure cooker" type scenario for Mullin.

Yes yes and yes

Poison

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »
One of the more embarrassing inside the huddle's with Mully

Seriously. He says we got to rebound. No kidding.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
Softest team in the country. I don't want to hear that's not coaching. Play harder!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:08:56 PM by Poison »

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
Kicking  your  legs out spread eagle while bricking a 3 looks so cool
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:10:03 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »
Kicking  your  legs out spread eagle while bricking a 3 looks so cool

I don't care for that move.  I hated it when Troy Bell (former BC Eagle) would do it, and I'm still not a fan of it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:11:33 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »
I've never seen so many airballs.

Lovett is playing the rest of the team took the day off. Horrible.

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2017, 01:14:25 PM »
I've never seen so many airballs.

Lovett is playing the rest of the team took the day off. Horrible.

Lovett playing for a contract

goredmen

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
SHU gonna pour it on with the recruits looking on. We're making quite the impression on those kids

Wods317

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
What happened to Shamorie? Ponds was slashing and dishing  earlier in the season and now he is just chucking up 3's