Steve DeMeo

• 360 replies
Re: Steve DeMeo
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2019, 03:39:21 PM »
Still think the Norm, Q, Braica staff was better?

I really think Q was deadweight while here. He would have been better in special assistant role and he's currently serving under a similar title at Kansas. He's a good guy to have around program but doesn't really add much on the road or in practice.

I really liked Coach Braica and thought he was a really great evaluator of talent and he got some real diamonds in the rough.

Really comes down to if Cleveland can deliver in the Northeast. Macon will get some big dogs and DeMeo will work other angles. It's a good complimentary crew that is experienced.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »
JUCOadvocate
‏@JUCOadvocate
I don't think the national media realizes just how big time of a hire Steve Demeo is. Watch out for St John's.

https://twitter.com/JUCOadvocate/status/1134241437954977792
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:43:20 PM by mjdinkins »

Foad

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »
I really think Q was deadweight while here. He would have been better in special assistant role and he's currently serving under a similar title at Kansas. He's a good guy to have around program but doesn't really add much on the road or in practice.

I really liked Coach Braica and thought he was a really great evaluator of talent and he got some real diamonds in the rough.

Really comes down to if Cleveland can deliver in the Northeast. Macon will get some big dogs and DeMeo will work other angles. It's a good complimentary crew that is experienced.

Stop trolling.

MCNPA

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
I think Pressey is a really good add. Has the NBA pedigree and is a pioneer in the positionless basketball era. Perfect role for him too.

Interesting to read about him that he was considered the “first point forward” in basketball which is interesting as I never really knew the origin of the term.  That said, we like using players in that manner so he seems to be a very good addition. 

« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »
Interesting to read about him that he was considered the “first point forward” in basketball which is interesting as I never really knew the origin of the term.  That said, we like using players in that manner so he seems to be a very good addition. 
We like to do it because PP was coached by Don Nelson who later coached Chris Mullin.

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
it was a long time ago and beer hazed my memory many moons ago but he was a really solid NBA guy. back then I used to watch a lot of nba and he was a real good passer. I dont remember him much after the Bucs but he legit averaged close to 6 or 7 assists for them I think. Solid rebounder. Played with Terry Cummings who I liked a lot as a player. Kind of like a glue guy who could do everything. Wast the team leading scorer I think. Most likely that was Cummings

Foad

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2019, 07:37:16 PM »
he was considered the “first point forward”

John Johnson (he's dead now and who won an NBA championship 50 years ago while "becoming the first point forward in league history") says hey: "I was a point forward before they called it a point forward. I ran the show — took all the weight off the guards." Oh that's right, you never heard if him.

And then Rick Barry - who Lou C said was the best basketball player he ever saw - says hey. "I actually did that early in my career [played point forward]. In Houston, I ended up being totally misused. I was playing like a point guard, standing 30 feet from the basket, passing the ball and only shot 12 or 13 times a game."

And also Marques Johnson - he averaged 20 and 10 in the league, no wonder you never heard of him - says hey."At the start of the playoffs, [Bucks coach] Don Nelson came up with the idea to initiate the offense through me at small forward. So after we went through how we were going to make the adjustments to different plays, my response to Nellie was, ‘OK, so instead of a point guard, I’m a point forward."

But no, you're right, Coach Iron Mike invented the point center forward for Elvis Paul Presley Pressey and led Arkansas to seven national championships while winning 120 percent of his games. Thank goodness we were able to snag him as our seventh choice as HC and thank goodness you all are here to spread your extensive basketball knowledge.

Good greif [sic], what you people don't know is exhausting.

MCNPA

« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
John Johnson (he's dead now and who won an NBA championship 50 years ago while "becoming the first point forward in league history") says hey: "I was a point forward before they called it a point forward. I ran the show — took all the weight off the guards." Oh that's right, you never heard if him.

And then Rick Barry - who Lou C said was the best basketball player he ever saw - says hey. "I actually did that early in my career [played point forward]. In Houston, I ended up being totally misused. I was playing like a point guard, standing 30 feet from the basket, passing the ball and only shot 12 or 13 times a game."

And also Marques Johnson - he averaged 20 and 10 in the league, no wonder you never heard of him - says hey."At the start of the playoffs, [Bucks coach] Don Nelson came up with the idea to initiate the offense through me at small forward. So after we went through how we were going to make the adjustments to different plays, my response to Nellie was, ‘OK, so instead of a point guard, I’m a point forward."

But no, you're right, Coach Iron Mike invented the point center forward for Elvis Paul Presley Pressey and led Arkansas to seven national championships while winning 120 percent of his games. Thank goodness we were able to snag him as our seventh choice as HC and thank goodness you all are here to spread your extensive basketball knowledge.

Good greif [sic], what you people don't know is exhausting.

Your stories are exhausting and useless.  There was no term called “point forward” before Pressey apparently.  That would mean that others can’t go back in retrospect and say; “hey, I was really one of those”.  As your post had stated, don johnson or whatever his name was, admitted that the term didn’t exist at that time. 

Foad

« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2019, 09:58:59 PM »
Your stories are exhausting and useless.  There was no term called “point forward” before Pressey apparently.

And you're apparently an imbecile without any understanding of basketball history. And I'd anything else apparently but I'm this evening feeling charitable. "I'm a point forward" Marques Johnson said in 1984. Of Rick Barry Del Harris said: "He was really the first guy to be utilized in that role [point forward] very heavily. But there was no name attached to it" And as Del Harris also said of Robert Reid: "I came up with a name for the position, Robert was our point but he was a forward, so I called him 'point forward." So in conclusion shut up stupid, you don't know what you're talking about and in the future stick to ball washing the guy you've seen coach three games. Because I value your expertise. 

MCNPA

« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2019, 10:35:03 PM »
And you're apparently an imbecile without any understanding of basketball history. And I'd anything else apparently but I'm this evening feeling charitable. "I'm a point forward" Marques Johnson said in 1984. Of Rick Barry Del Harris said: "He was really the first guy to be utilized in that role [point forward] very heavily. But there was no name attached to it" And as Del Harris also said of Robert Reid: "I came up with a name for the position, Robert was our point but he was a forward, so I called him 'point forward." So in conclusion shut up stupid, you don't know what you're talking about and in the future stick to ball washing the guy you've seen coach three games. Because I value your expertise. 

Getting sensitive with all the name-calling eh?  Your knowledge of basketball history is as vast as your ego from the Wikipedia quotes there.  As far as my basketball history goes, it’s not my thing.  I just enjoy SJU ball.  I know nothing much about the NBA.  I misread the same Wikipedia quote that you posted.  The insults though?  You’re losing the originality you once had. 

« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2019, 11:16:59 PM »
Lol you boys stay getting at it! I think demeo is a great hire, I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a head coaching job somewhere. I read a bio about him and he has had tremendous success everywhere he's gone.

Foad

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »
Getting sensitive with all the name-calling eh?  Your knowledge of basketball history is as vast as your ego from the Wikipedia quotes there.  As far as my basketball history goes, it’s not my thing.  I just enjoy SJU ball.  I know nothing much about the NBA.  I misread the same Wikipedia quote that you posted.  The insults though?  You’re losing the originality you once had. 

Yeah not Wikipedia dummy, Wikipedia's for nice persons. Feel free to educate yourself: https://raleighco.com/sports/the-point-forward-an-oral-history/. Or not. Speaking of which:

Quite a long while ago when I was taking the piss out of you over at that cesspool RDC about one thing or another one of the moderators PM'ed me and said why not leave Marcus alone, I mean sure he's annoying and he rarely knows what he's talking about and he's not terribly bright but humiliating him is beneath you and besides he's too stupid to know that he's being humiliated. And I stopped, because he was right. Not that it's beneath me, it's not, taking candy from babies is my meat. He was though right to point out  that you're a dunce and not really worth kicking.

So have it your way: Iron Mike Anderson - called that because he discovered iron - won 117 percent of his games at Arkansas but his coaching prowess - which astounded you the three times you watched him weave his magic - was not appreciated by their ignorant fans and we are lucky to have him because his three NCAA appearances in eight years is the equivalent in dog years to Jamie Dixon's 11 in 13 years at Pitt and he's assembled the greatest staff in basketball history, which includes Van Bacon, inventor of the Chevy van, Paul Pressey, the first point center and father of actress Jaime Pressly, and Steve Demeo, who learned his killer instinct from his father Roy at the Gemini Lounge while helping dad chop up bodies for the Gambino family. Also PG of the future Fred McGriff is 6'7" and Julia Champagne is a nine star recruit.

MCNPA

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2019, 08:38:34 AM »
Yeah not Wikipedia dummy, Wikipedia's for nice persons. Feel free to educate yourself: https://raleighco.com/sports/the-point-forward-an-oral-history/. Or not. Speaking of which:

Quite a long while ago when I was taking the piss out of you over at that cesspool RDC about one thing or another one of the moderators PM'ed me and said why not leave Marcus alone, I mean sure he's annoying and he rarely knows what he's talking about and he's not terribly bright but humiliating him is beneath you and besides he's too stupid to know that he's being humiliated. And I stopped, because he was right. Not that it's beneath me, it's not, taking candy from babies is my meat. He was though right to point out  that you're a dunce and not really worth kicking.

So have it your way: Iron Mike Anderson - called that because he discovered iron - won 117 percent of his games at Arkansas but his coaching prowess - which astounded you the three times you watched him weave his magic - was not appreciated by their ignorant fans and we are lucky to have him because his three NCAA appearances in eight years is the equivalent in dog years to Jamie Dixon's 11 in 13 years at Pitt and he's assembled the greatest staff in basketball history, which includes Van Bacon, inventor of the Chevy van, Paul Pressey, the first point center and father of actress Jaime Pressly, and Steve Demeo, who learned his killer instinct from his father Roy at the Gemini Lounge while helping dad chop up bodies for the Gambino family. Also PG of the future Fred McGriff is 6'7" and Julia Champagne is a nine star recruit.

Lol I run an ICU for a living.  I think I can put my shoes on the right way.  Go figure.  Your act has just gotten old and tired. 

Marillac

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »
Lol you boys stay getting at it! I think demeo is a great hire, I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a head coaching job somewhere. I read a bio about him and he has had tremendous success everywhere he's gone.

He went from associate head coach in the Big East to a JUCO coach so he couldn’t have had too much success everywhere.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2019, 09:46:38 AM »
Lol I run an ICU for a living.

I play the electric guitar as a hobby ...

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »
Your stories are exhausting and useless.  There was no term called “point forward” before Pressey apparently.  That would mean that others can’t go back in retrospect and say; “hey, I was really one of those”.  As your post had stated, don johnson or whatever his name was, admitted that the term didn’t exist at that time. 
I think you meant to say his posts are exhausting and useless

MCNPA

« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »
I play the electric guitar as a hobby ...

Hey me too..

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
He went from associate head coach in the Big East to a JUCO coach so he couldn’t have had too much success everywhere.

I understand it wasn't at the highest levels, but his record speaks for itself. The guy wins. Maybe he wanted to run his own show for a while albeit at the Juco level.

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2019, 01:37:16 PM »
265-97 overall record as a head coach for a .732 winning percentage.

Foad

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
I think you meant to say his posts are exhausting and useless

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."