Steve DeMeo

• 360 replies
Re: Steve DeMeo
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2019, 03:23:22 PM »
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."
Substitute jackass for genius and good people for dunces and you are on to something.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:03:57 PM by Celtics11 »

Foad

« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »
Substitute jackass for genius and good people for dunces and you are on to something.

That wasn't me stupid, that was Jonathan Swift, probably you never heard of him but he wrote a book or two you never read and he was definitely onto something and you're just another nice person in the conga line of imbeciles. Cha cha cha.

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
That wasn't me stupid, that was Jonathan Swift, probably you never heard of him but he wrote a book or two you never read and he was definitely onto something and you're just another nice person in the conga line of imbeciles. Cha cha cha.
Really wish I was friends with you growing up because I would have enjoyed the crap out of punching you in the face on a daily basis (and twice on Sundays because well you know the Lord's work). I'm sure plenty of others had that pleasure though and may have contributed to you being such a miserable (rhymes with) cluck. Back on topic-Demeo with his 170-27 record at NWFJC is a far cry from Norm's record at Queens College which was something like 24-84 or Mahoney's record at Manhatten which was something like 16-62.

Marillac

« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2019, 12:29:50 AM »
JUCOadvocate
‏@JUCOadvocate
I don't think the national media realizes just how big time of a hire Steve Demeo is. Watch out for St John's.

https://twitter.com/JUCOadvocate/status/1134241437954977792

Only a JUCO source would say this.
The Arkansas guys said Cleveland was already the most connected JUCO recruiter on the country. This seems like overkill to me. JUCO ball isn’t what it used to be.

I’d rather have someone that can get (and properly evaluate) top transfers.

« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2019, 12:48:32 AM »
dunno seems easier to find power 5 guys getting recruited over or not playing as much as they think they should like Clark Simon Owens or hardship like Heron then catching a juco stud....Jesus bashir was supposedly a stud

SJUFAN

« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2019, 04:23:53 AM »
Only a JUCO source would say this.
The Arkansas guys said Cleveland was already the most connected JUCO recruiter on the country. This seems like overkill to me. JUCO ball isn’t what it used to be.

I’m not sensing that was the primary reason he was added.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 04:24:57 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2019, 07:35:56 AM »

Marillac

« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2019, 11:38:26 AM »
I’m not sensing that was the primary reason he was added.

I don’t give a damn why he was added only what he himself can add. He can coach a bit, he has experience in the aea and in the conference, ok, but it’s already becoming abundantly clear that Anderson isn’t going to light the world on fire with his recruiting. He needs guys to get him players.

Our last two coaches made immediate splashes in recruiting but Anderson’s beginning rivals Norm’s and Norm was at least able to land Cedric Jackson in a few weeks and Ced made the NBA.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:39:05 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
I don’t give a damn why he was added only what he himself can add. He can coach a bit, he has experience in the aea and in the conference, ok, but it’s already becoming abundantly clear that Anderson isn’t going to light the world on fire with his recruiting. He needs guys to get him players.

Our last two coaches made immediate splashes in recruiting but Anderson’s beginning rivals Norm’s and Norm was at least able to land Cedric Jackson in a few weeks and Ced made the NBA.
How is that abundantly clear?  I agree with you that I would've preferred to see a guy with solid national recruiting chops added to the staff but we are already involved with quite a few 4 star guys in 2020. Landing two or three of those level of players would qualify as "lighting the world on fire" in my eyes.

« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2019, 11:48:29 AM »

R
Ced couldn't hit the broadside of a barn his 2 years as a Johnnie though I did like him as an overall player. No way anybody thought of him as NBA material out of HS or after his 2 years as a Johnnie so your comparison is both premature and uses hindsight.

ras

« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
Have to agree, not overly impressed w the recruits so far. But I am chalking it up to plugging in players the last minute. Not bad recruits, but certainly not great. I would like to see us get some top 100. Sometimes you get a diamond in the rough, but those are the exceptions not the rule w lower ranked players. Hopefully the 2020 recruits will be higher ranked.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:53:47 PM by ras »

Foad

« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
Really wish I was friends with you growing up

Me too! We could have played jacks and mumbltypeg and put on shows and had a club house with a secret password. That would have been great!

because I would have enjoyed the crap out of punching you in the face on a daily basis

Oh dear, that took an ugly turn. I don't think we could have been chums after all. Getting punched in the face does not sound at all like good natured fun, which is why Mater was careful not to let me pal around with rough and tumbles of your sort. "Mind you don't get punched in the face," she'd say to me when I left the house, "it's be a shame if anything happened to your regal nose."

(and twice on Sundays because well you know the Lord's work). I'm sure plenty of others had that pleasure though and may have contributed to you being such a miserable (rhymes with) cluck.

Let me refresh your memory as to what happened here. I was having a delightful conversation about basketball with my good friend Marcus, into which you interjected unbidden a mean spirited ad hominem which hurt my delicate feelings. And then when I responded in kind you replied with childhood fantasies about playing doctor and a bit of the old ultra-violence. Frankly sir, you sound demented.

Recall what I said a couple of months ago when you sent me a PM complaining about how I should be banned because my posts made you lose sleep and have blood pressure spikes? My advice was to skip my posts and failing that to maybe get some counselling, because if you toss and turn at night having heart palpitations because of what a random stranger said on the internet you probably have some psychological problems that need to be addressed. Do I recall correctly that you live around Albany? Because I've heard that the folk at Live Well on Washington Avenue Extension do marvelous work. Mostly CBT but failing that they could probably prescribe something. Or if you want you could sashay across the river to the Greenbush and punch me in the face. PM and I'll send you my address. Most of my afternoons are free this week and actually my mornings as well but if you come during happy hour (which starts around noon) bring your own mixers because I drink out of the bottle. If nothing else the Chows haven't had much exercise since a couple of unlucky Latter Day Saints wandered onto the property in April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9B_9YeVhsw

Wods317

« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »

Have to agree, not overly impressed w the recruits so far. But I am chalking it up to plugging in players the last minute. Not bad recruits, but certainly not great. I would like to see us get some top 100. Sometimes you get a diamond in the rough, but those are the exceptions not the rule w lower ranked players. Hopefully the 2020 recruits will be higher ranked.

We are already questioning the recruiting? The guy just finalized his staff this week. There’s not much left in the way of quality 2019 players. He grabbed two 3 star players that will hopefully carve out a niche off the bench next year. We need a really good 2020 class. Let’s be patient and judge the recruiting off of that. I don’t think there’s even close to enough time to have any positive or negative opinions on the recruiting of this staff.

« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2019, 07:39:45 PM »
Funny because I was texting with Dinkins a week ago asking his opinion on this class vs Norms. I'm not concerned. I think the kids will actually get coached up and I think the recruiting will get a lot better next year.

Ced Jackson doesn't make the nba if he didnt transfer away from Norm. Barely anyone was seen disappointed when he transferred. His defense was good but offense no. The year off and new coach helped him dramatically

« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2019, 07:57:05 PM »
Anyone judging this class on MA’s potential to land recruits here is short sited. He was hired in April.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
I think the kids will actually get coached up and I think the recruiting will get a lot better next year.

Why do you think that? The consensus from Arkansas fans on Arkansas fans boards is that Iron Mike is a lousy recruiter and that most of his players don't get better. What have you seen observing Iron Mike's career that belies those observations?

« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2019, 08:11:01 PM »
Why do you think that? The consensus from Arkansas fans on Arkansas fans boards is that Iron Mike is a lousy recruiter and that most of his players don't get better. What have you seen observing Iron Mike's career that belies those observations?
I see no overall losing record ever so far and the arkansas guys that have posted here and on redmen saying that he wont get many 5 star recruits but will get 3's and 4's and jucos and coach them up
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:11:25 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2019, 08:24:09 PM »

Since when did you take credence in what the majority of people think?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »
I dont know if he posted it here but Amaceinyourface2 posted the most interesting fact I have read read in a long time on the boards.

"Here are some numbers to put into perspective the type of coach we are getting in Mike Anderson. In each of his 3 stints he had more success than his predecessors and successors with the exception of frank Haith who had a 30-5 record his first year at Mizzou with a roster built mostly by MA.

UAB
Bartow - 103-83 (55.4%)
ANDERSON - 89-41 (68.5%)
Davis - 123-73 (62.8%)
Hease - 80-53 (60.2%)
Ehsan - 57-44 (56.4%)
**MA 3 tourneys in 4 years. 2 for UAB since.

Missouri
Snyder - 126-91 (58%)
ANDERSON - 111-57 (66.1%)
Frank Haith 76-28 (73.1%) **first year 30-5 with team built mostly by Mike Anderson*
Kim Anderson - 27-67 (28.7%)
Martin - 35-29 (54.6 %)

Arkansas
Stan Heath - 82-71 (53.6%)
Pelphrey - 69-59 (53.6%)
ANDERSON - 169-102 (62.4%)"

If this isnt coaching kids up and actual coaching well I dont know what is

Rodman

« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2019, 03:22:31 AM »
I dont know if he posted it here but Amaceinyourface2 posted the most interesting fact I have read read in a long time on the boards.

"Here are some numbers to put into perspective the type of coach we are getting in Mike Anderson. In each of his 3 stints he had more success than his predecessors and successors with the exception of frank Haith who had a 30-5 record his first year at Mizzou with a roster built mostly by MA.

UAB
Bartow - 103-83 (55.4%)
ANDERSON - 89-41 (68.5%)
Davis - 123-73 (62.8%)
Hease - 80-53 (60.2%)
Ehsan - 57-44 (56.4%)
**MA 3 tourneys in 4 years. 2 for UAB since.

Missouri
Snyder - 126-91 (58%)
ANDERSON - 111-57 (66.1%)
Frank Haith 76-28 (73.1%) **first year 30-5 with team built mostly by Mike Anderson*
Kim Anderson - 27-67 (28.7%)
Martin - 35-29 (54.6 %)

Arkansas
Stan Heath - 82-71 (53.6%)
Pelphrey - 69-59 (53.6%)
ANDERSON - 169-102 (62.4%)"

If this isnt coaching kids up and actual coaching well I dont know what is

+1

Love to see how all the naysayers spin this one.  On your marks, get set GO!