Remaining 2 Ships

• 106 replies

TONYD3

Re: Remaining 2 Ships
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
Way to completely miss the point.
He clearly understands your point. He knows your boy sucked. Coach Anderson getting rid of players is not the same as lazy ass not having a clue what he is doing.

Foad

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
one of those years he had 7 scholarship players because a few kids wanted to see what jail was like and the other he had 9 freshman

Here at SJ we don't accept crybaby excuses for our myriad coaches poor performance Jethro. We give them a few years and then shitcan them. This youngest team in America stuff doesn't fly here in the big city. Coach Third Choice recruited the team the year he had 7 scholarship players and he recruited the team he had nine freshmen and the buck stops there and by buck I don't mean the sound the chickens made when you were having at them in the henhouse.

Foad

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
There were these two fellars standin' on a bridge, a-goin' to the bathroom. One fellar said, "The water's cold" and the other fellar said, "The water's deep". I believe one fella come from Arkansas. Get it?

TONYD3

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »

Who was right? Told you change was coming!

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2019, 11:33:59 PM »
Clarke will never be in an SJU uniform.

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 01:59:15 AM »
Three went to mid majors. The rest moved up or sideways depending on your perspective.

Hunter Mickleon: Kansas
Rontei Clarke: Butler
Darious Hall: Depaul
Nick Babb: Iowa State
Devonta Abron: TCU
Jimmy Whitt: SMU
Lorenzo Jenkins: Colorado State
Jacorey Williams: Middle Tenn State (2017 CUSA POY)
CJ Jones: Middle Tennessee St

Brachen Hazen: Ball St
Julysses Nobles: Jackson St
Glenn Bryant: Eastern Michigan

Just an FYI, Glenn Bryant and Rotnei Clarke were out the door before CMA got the job, it's the equivalent of LJ being in the portal when CMA got the job here, those aren't considered kids he recruited and transferred out under his watch.  They already had their minds made up they were leaving before CMA even got the job, they were just told they had to wait for a coach to get hired before they were granted releases.

Also, SMU, Colorado State, And Middle Tennessee State are considered mid-major programs by most people.  SMU... maybe debatable a little bit, but Middle Tennessee State and Colorado State I don't know anyone that considers those programs anything but mid-majors.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:03:14 AM by MakingPlays »

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2019, 02:13:00 AM »
Here at SJ we don't accept crybaby excuses for our myriad coaches poor performance Jethro. We give them a few years and then shitcan them. This youngest team in America stuff doesn't fly here in the big city. Coach Third Choice recruited the team the year he had 7 scholarship players and he recruited the team he had nine freshmen and the buck stops there and by buck I don't mean the sound the chickens made when you were having at them in the henhouse.

You sure do have a lot of stereotyping southern jokes trying to challenge someone's intelligence for someone who doesn't even know that the Conference USA is a Mid-Major Conference.

Also, might want to get out of the house and explore the country more, Arkansas is much more than what you watched on TV from a fictional 1960's sitcom.  Notice how we aren't ignorant enough to watch an episode of the Apprentice and think that all people from New York are orange with blond hair and just sit around and eat fast food.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:14:19 AM by MakingPlays »

SJUFAN

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2019, 03:14:17 AM »
You sure do have a lot of stereotyping southern jokes trying to challenge someone's intelligence for someone who doesn't even know that the Conference USA is a Mid-Major Conference.

Also, might want to get out of the house and explore the country more, Arkansas is much more than what you watched on TV from a fictional 1960's sitcom.  Notice how we aren't ignorant enough to watch an episode of the Apprentice and think that all people from New York are orange with blond hair and just sit around and eat fast food.

He’s the resident idiot-savant.

Poison

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2019, 03:36:38 AM »

Many of us have a lot of respect for Arkansas. Two great men have come from there... Mike Anderson and Bill Clinton.

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »
A sexual predator isn’t a great man

Foad

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:02 AM »
I don't like potted meat. Daddy used to say they was made out of lips, peckers and intestines.  Mmm mmm.

Foad

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
Just an FYI, Glenn Bryant and Rotnei Clarke were out the door before CMA got the job, it's the equivalent of LJ being in the portal when CMA got the job here, those aren't considered kids he recruited and transferred out under his watch.  They already had their minds made up they were leaving before CMA even got the job, they were just told they had to wait for a coach to get hired before they were granted releases.

Just an FY2. First, the details of who transferred where and why they did are irrelevant, I already said that three times now. Coach Third Choice described his own program as a "revolving door." Second, if the details are relevant they are considered kids who "transferred out under his watch" by Scottie Bordelon, who writes for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette and is a member of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, so go argue with him.

Also, SMU, Colorado State, And Middle Tennessee State are considered mid-major programs by most people.  SMU... maybe debatable a little bit, but Middle Tennessee State and Colorado State I don't know anyone that considers those programs anything but mid-majors.

SMU - that'd be the SMU that recently went 94–39 under HOF Larry Brown I assume - plays in a conference with Cinncinati, UConn, and Memphis and Colorado State with San Diego State and UNLV. Are they all mid majors too?

Foad

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:58 AM »
You sure do have a lot of stereotyping southern jokes

And every one a Maserati.

trying to challenge someone's intelligence for someone who doesn't even know that the Conference USA is a Mid-Major Conference.

I barely knew Conference USA was a conference until about three days ago Cletus. Maybe that's why I did so poorly on the sports section of the MENSA exam.

Also, might want to get out of the house and explore the country more, Arkansas is much more than what you watched on TV from a fictional 1960's sitcom.

The last thing I want to do is get out of the house more. Humanity is a dung heap and I stay as far away from dung as possible. And anyway it's pretty condescending of you to challenge someone's intelligence considering you don't know the Clampetts were from Missouri.

Notice how we aren't ignorant enough to watch an episode of the Apprentice and think that all people from New York are orange with blond hair and just sit around and eat fast food.

You are though evidently ignorant enough to watch the Apprentice. The persecution rests.

Foad

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
Many of us have a lot of respect for Arkansas. Two great men have come from there... Mike Anderson and Bill Clinton.

Coach Third Choice was born in Alabama.

cjfish

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »
A sexual predator isn’t a great man

Compared to Trump Clinton is a choirboy.  Remember men are genetically hunters who are no longer permitted to hunt but occasionally revert to their primitive ways.  Clinton gave us a surplus and would have been even more successful but for ridiculous Republican initiated harassment.

Marillac

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2019, 10:10:46 AM »

You claiming respect for Arkansas after a decade of bashing and dismissing states by the lot is quite humorous.

You claimed the entire city of Jacksonville was stupid, but ARKANSAS is a beacon of education to you I suppose.

I won’t even touch the Clinton being a great man statement. You might want to check back with your far-left gurus to get the latest stances. Straight white men are the enemy and #metoo makes him a sexual predator.

TONYD3

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 11:19:05 AM »
Coach Third Choice was born in Alabama.
Coach third choice is going to win plenty of games here. Just like coach Lavin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:21:16 AM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Just an FY2. First, the details of who transferred where and why they did are irrelevant, I already said that three times now. Coach Third Choice described his own program as a "revolving door." Second, if the details are relevant they are considered kids who "transferred out under his watch" by Scottie Bordelon, who writes for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette and is a member of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, so go argue with him.

SMU - that'd be the SMU that recently went 94–39 under HOF Larry Brown I assume - plays in a conference with Cinncinati, UConn, and Memphis and Colorado State with San Diego State and UNLV. Are they all mid majors too?

Yes the AAC and Mountain West are both considered Mid-Major conferences, their record or name of school doesn't turn the entire conference into a power conference, I don't know where you got that information.  In basketball there's 6 Power conferences (SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC 12, and Big East), in football there are 5 (SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 12). this information is easily googled and common knowledge to most casual sports fans.

Also, you keep referring to CMA as Coach 3rd choice.  Again, if you knew basic information about sports and actually followed college basketball, you'd know that most schools in coaching searches don't end up with their first choice, because their first choice is usually someone at another school, and it's typically hard to pry away a coach that's somewhere else in a good situation.  UCLA is a blue blood and one of the most recognizable names in college basketball and they ended up with like their 8th choice.  At Arkansas, we ended up getting our 4th choice after missing on Sampson, Beard, and Marshall.  Only power school I can think of this off-season that actually got their first choice was Texas A&M, and that's because Buzz is a Texas guy that wanted to go home and that had been in the works for a while.

I've never seen someone so smug and confident in making fun of other people that don't even know things as basic as which schools are in mid-major conferences. And my intent was not to get confrontational, this a cool place and I appreciate all the posters that have welcomed us, but I can't let someone with very limited basketball knowledge try to act like he's smarter than someone just because they are from Arkansas.  I've forgotten more about basketball writing this post than you'll ever know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:27:24 AM by MakingPlays »

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
Man, some people are making this site unreadable—-and it ain’t the new guys.

redslope

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2019, 02:25:36 PM »
Man, some people are making this site unreadable—-and it ain’t the new guys.

Exactly my thoughts--this is getting BORING.