Remaining 2 Ships

• 106 replies

Foad

Re: Remaining 2 Ships
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »
Yes the AAC and Mountain West are both considered Mid-Major conferences, […] this information is easily googled and common knowledge to most casual sports fans.

I took your advice and googled mid major conference. The first thing that came up is wikipedia, which although not my go to says:

"[In basketball] the term [Mid-major] is used to refer to teams that are members of a conference other than the Power Five. […] The Big East Conference is not in the Power Five, but is almost always considered a high-major conference. Also sometimes branded as high-majors are the American Athletic Conference, Atlantic-10 Conference, and the Mountain West Conference. "

The AAC and the Mountain West. It's on the internets so it must be true. So much for common knowledge.

Also, you keep referring to CMA as Coach 3rd choice.  Again, if you knew basic information about sports and actually followed college basketball,you'd know that most schools

<remaining dissertation on coaching searches hosed>

I call him Coach Third Choice sarcastically, to annoy the rubes. I'm sure you know what they say about sarcasm being wasted and if you don't this information is eaily googled.

I've never seen someone so smug and confident in making fun of other people that don't even know things as basic as which schools are in mid-major conferences.

And I've never seen anyone who thinks that knowing random sports facts is a sign of erudition.

And my intent was not to get confrontational,

So when you interrupted my pleasant conversation with Jethro to call me ignorant, that was you being polite and cordial?

this a cool place

I agree that it's neato but sometimes it gets unreadable and BORING. Fortunately though when it does interesting posters write interesting posts about how it's unreadable and boring, which adds a great deal to the dialogue because learning about what other people find boring is interesting.

I can't let someone with very limited basketball knowledge try to act like he's smarter than someone just because they are from Arkansas.

I'm not smarter than you because you're from Arkansas. Although I'm sure that having attended the 42nd worst public school system in the US in a state where 31 percent of the population goes to college didn't help your case. I'm smarter than you because I got really good genes from my Ashkenazi forebears.

I've forgotten more about basketball writing this post than you'll ever know.

Perhaps that's so Cletus, I don't follow sports much outside of St John's. But St John's I've followed for going on 50 years, not six weeks, and I haven't forgotten any of it: not one of the long conga line of blunders and mistakes and bad luck and bad breaks and calamities and occasional sheer horror that comprise being a SJU fan, no matter how many bitter pills I wash down with half empty glasses of Belevedere. Google Dallas Comegys. Google Billy Singleton. Then tell me how lucky I am that Coach Third Choice has arrived to save the day. Otherwise you'll have to pardon my cynicism. Because I have been trained to expect the worst.

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2019, 04:00:54 PM »
Who's angry Grandpa is this? They need to come get him off the internet and let him take his evening nap, he's cranky and embarrassing himself.  Thinking he's cool by making 1960 sitcom insults.  I'm 32 years old and haven't heard anyone reference Jethro since I was a little kid.  You know you have too much free time when you see someone breaking down posts into individual quotes and responding to every little statement.  It's not that serious PawPaw, you can make all the TVland character references you want doesn't make the MVC, conference USA, or any other mid-major a power conference.

Anyways have fun breaking down this post. I got stuff to do, probably won't check back here for a couple days.  But, I look forward to seeing the over/under of you making this a 5 quote post.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2019, 07:52:33 PM »
You claiming respect for Arkansas after a decade of bashing and dismissing states by the lot is quite humorous.

You claimed the entire city of Jacksonville was stupid, but ARKANSAS is a beacon of education to you I suppose.

I won’t even touch the Clinton being a great man statement. You might want to check back with your far-left gurus to get the latest stances. Straight white men are the enemy and #metoo makes him a sexual predator.

You’re so knowledgeable on so many subjects. Thank you Marillac.

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
Lol how come everytime I check this site people are arguing with each other about nonsense.

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »
13 players transferred from Arkansas under Anderson.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/apr/04/mike-transfer-story/

"It's like a revolving door," Anderson said. "They come here and they leave."

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-losing-player-to-transfer-74906200/

Five of Mullin's recruits transferred and none were very good: Dixon, Yawke, Ellison, Williams, and Sima. Six transferred if you count the walk on Holifield. Owens and Chris Jones graduated and then transferred. Mussini, Lovett and Freudenberg went pro. Other players graduated (Balamou, Alibeowtz, Ahmed) or were graduate transfers (Johnson, Mvoika)

Sid Wilson, Boubacar Diakite and Bryan Trimble also transferred being Mullin our Coach.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:11:42 PM by gonzalo »

derk

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2019, 04:12:43 PM »
Lol how come everytime I check this site people are arguing with each other about nonsense.

1. We're New Yorkers
2. We're SJU fans who have suffered indignities you couldn't imagine.
3. We go back 6o + years covering multiple generations.
4. We probably argue basketball as much as you argue football.
5. Anyway, welcome aboard. We need more of you to balance the board.

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »
Sid Wilson, Boubacar Diakite and Bryan Trimble also transferred being Mullin our Coach.

Diakte was asked to find another school.

Trimble announced transfer after Mullin left.

Sid Wilson is his own worst enemy.

Foad

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »

Because it's June and arguing about nonsense is fun.

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »
As usual turn it into trump, topic was about Arkansas and great men from the state, weren’t on the topic of billionaire lady chasers.

Poison

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2019, 12:19:31 AM »
Diakte was asked to find another school.

Trimble announced transfer after Mullin left.

Sid Wilson is his own worst enemy.

Mullin wasn’t even aware that Sid Wilson transferred to UConn. He probably still doesn’t know.

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »

If you want to be technical Bryan Trimble transferred under Mike Anderson.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »
That’s a positive for Anderson

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2019, 09:14:09 AM »
Yeah, but unlike Keita, Trimble entered his name into the transfer portal when Mullin was still the Coach.

NYCoffey

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2019, 12:41:09 PM »
Mullin wasn’t even aware that Sid Wilson transferred to UConn. He probably still doesn’t know.

Let me guess...Mike Anderson would make Wilson an All American.

QuanMan

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2019, 01:42:17 PM »
Zach Braziller

Verified account

@NYPost_Brazille
 22h22 hours ago
More
Monmouth grad transfer Nick Rutherford currently on a visit to New Mexico State, per source. Recently visited St Johns. #sjubb
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2019, 02:49:57 PM »
Let me guess...Mike Anderson would make Wilson an All American.

Mike Anderson probably would not recruit Wilson.

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2019, 03:20:00 PM »
Mike Anderson probably would not recruit Wilson.

Couldn't **

Poison

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »

Couldn't **

How did CMA have previous success if he couldn’t recruit? He must be a pretty great coach.

Foad

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2019, 04:08:30 PM »
Yeah, but unlike Keita, Trimble entered his name into the transfer portal when Mullin was still the Coach.

Wrong.

"Last Monday, it was reported that Head Coach Chris Mullin would be stepping down, which prompted four-star recruit Nate Tabor to decommit later that night. The news of Mullin stepping down was then confirmed on Tuesday in a statement released by the University. With the uncertainty surrounding the coaching situation, it was reported that some players may be looking to transfer or seek other options. The first to leave was Bryan Trimble Jr., who announced that he would be transfering via Instagram"

https://www.torchonline.com/sports/2019/04/17/players-leave-after-mullin-steps-down/

"St. John’s stayed oddly quiet, until Tuesday afternoon. That’s when the university finally made the anticipated announcement Chris Mullin was stepping down [...] Later Tuesday, two players — Justin Simon and Bryan Trimble Jr. — announced plans to leave the team"

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/st-johns-dominoes-are-falling-in-wake-of-chris-mullins-exit/