Nova 1/28

• 213 replies

Foad

Re: Nova 1/28
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2020, 03:23:42 PM »
articulate specifically why it’s the coaches system opposed to the roster

Do you think Jay Wright or Doug McDermott's father would be 2-7 with this roster?

Marillac

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »
I say the same things ten times a day because I hear the same dumb ass complaint ten times a day. I’m trying to help those understand the situation who may have been influenced by your unknowledgeable takes.

You our anyone who has disagreed with my take has been unable to formulate a rational rebuttal why our roster isn’t the main reason behind our struggles. You make broad general statements and resort to name calling. I do understand why, it’s because your a fraud who has no f*n clue what your talking about.  Until you can articulate specifically why it’s the coaches system opposed to the roster then STFU troll.

You want me to give you a reason that fits into your simpleton method of reducing everything to a dichotomy. 

We suck because of the players and the coaches, but you and a few others are literally too stupid to understand anything more complex than a this or that situation.

Not even Norm Roberts could have done worse with this roster. Dunlap coached his way to a .500 record with like 7 scholarship players and nearly all of them new to the program. Anderson is not Dunlap...not even close.

We were picked second to last because the other coaches know that Anderson is not some elite X’s and O’s coach that could win with someone else’s players. Butler is top 25 and I’d bet my life they would be sub-.500 in conference play if Anderson took over that team for the many of the same reasons that we suck now.

Anderson would be the first one to tell you he can’t hang with most coaches in many areas. That’s why he recruits the players he does. He wants to avoid half court situations as much as possible and just wants to overwhelm teams with athletes and physical freaks.

Let him get his guys here. I think that can work to a level that I’m satisfied with. But we don’t have to pretend he’s something he’s not. He’s a below average tactician who has coached long enough to know exactly what he wants, and he wouldn’t change that for anyone—even if he inherited UVA’s roster last year.

Mullin, Lavin, and Anderson are probably all within two games of each other as coaches with rosters full of their players at St. John’s. Jarvis didn’t have a losing record once before he cane to St. John’s either. This is where coaching careers die.

Poison

« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
what do you like about the offense?

The players don’t cry to the refs after every missed shot like last year. They are following the example of their coach, who doesn’t either.

Poison

« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »
Do you think Jay Wright or Doug McDermott's father would be 2-7 with this roster?

Is it Mike Anderson’s fault that Josh Roberts went 0-5 from the free throw line against Seton Hall?

Give it a rest already. Mullin was a shit coach.

Poison

« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2020, 03:48:09 PM »
I say the same things ten times a day because I hear the same dumb ass complaint ten times a day. I’m trying to help those understand the situation who may have been influenced by your unknowledgeable takes.

You our anyone who has disagreed with my take has been unable to formulate a rational rebuttal why our roster isn’t the main reason behind our struggles. You make broad general statements and resort to name calling. I do understand why, it’s because your a fraud who has no f*n clue what your talking about.  Until you can articulate specifically why it’s the coaches system opposed to the roster then STFU troll.

Lol. That dope isn’t influencing anyone.

Foad

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
Is it Mike Anderson’s fault that Josh Roberts went 0-5 from the free throw line against Seton Hall?

I didn't mention Chris Mullin because I don't care about Chris Mullin and Chris Mullin being good or bad is irrelevant to whether Coach Home Run is good or bad. I asked whether coaches who know what they're doing might be doing better than CHR, who doesn't seem to. The reason I know he doesn't seem to is because 2-7.

TONYD3

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2020, 04:47:29 PM »
Without looking. Mike Anderson has been more successful then McDermott. Without his son, he has done nothing in the big east. McDermott doesn’t coach defense. This team would be 0-9 with him as head coach.
How do you run an offense with a PG that can’t shoot and dribble right? With Dave caraher as your best shooter? And without anything close to a post player?

When our 2 good big east players play well. The offense looks fine.

TONYD3

« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2020, 04:49:48 PM »
Last year, when it suited some of you. It was all about the quad 1 wins and metrics. During the nova game, fox’s bracteology had us currently as a 12 seed. NO I don’t agree with it. But this season isn’t the titanic.

TONYD3

« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2020, 04:52:03 PM »
Lol. That dope isn’t influencing anyone.
That’s completely not true. It doesn’t influence anyone with a brain.

Marillac

« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2020, 04:52:49 PM »

Get used to it. The kind of player Anderson seeks out is more athletic and less skilled than the average Big East player at the position.

It will be commonplace for us to commit more fouls and make a lower % of our shots with him at the helm.

Foad

« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2020, 04:58:32 PM »
Without looking. Mike Anderson has been more successful then McDermott.

With looking Greg McDermott's father has won 20 plus games in the Big East five time in seven years, which if you add in this year is six times. His winning percentage in the BE .66 percent, as opposed to Coach Home Run, whose winning persentage is .22. It's unfortunate that I can't call you stupid, otherwise I would.

Marillac

« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »
Tony D quoting Poison who was quoting SJUFan. The dream team of the double-digit IQ crowd!

We just need BannerMountainMan to put down his banjo to get in on this and then a horrible joke by Celtics11 and we can send this one to the ‘tarded hall of fame.

TONYD3

« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
With looking Greg McDermott's father has won 20 plus games in the Big East five time in seven years, which if you add in this year is six times. His winning percentage in the BE .66 percent, as opposed to Coach Home Run, whose winning persentage is .22. It's unfortunate that I can't call you stupid, otherwise I would.
Sample size. This guy is influenced by Marillac .
Ps McDermott is under .500 in conference without his son.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:31:57 PM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »
I didn't mention Chris Mullin because I don't care about Chris Mullin and Chris Mullin being good or bad is irrelevant to whether Coach Home Run is good or bad. I asked whether coaches who know what they're doing might be doing better than CHR, who doesn't seem to. The reason I know he doesn't seem to is because 2-7.

You lie.

« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2020, 06:36:38 PM »
USC Salk beats #16 Caldwell Tech 97-94

Vince Cole (St Johns Commit) had 34 for USC Salk and hit 3 pointer with 3 seconds left

Caldwell Tech’s 1st loss of the year

#3 Pearl River is last undefeated team, better than any player we have right now that fits Anderson’s system.

TONYD3

« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2020, 07:12:41 PM »
USC Salk beats #16 Caldwell Tech 97-94

Vince Cole (St Johns Commit) had 34 for USC Salk and hit 3 pointer with 3 seconds left

Caldwell Tech’s 1st loss of the year

#3 Pearl River is last undefeated team, better than any player we have right now that fits Anderson’s system.

LJ was a first team all-American JUCO in his lone season and played in an exponentially better conference. Heron was twice named All-SEC his first two years of college at a big boy level. Cole may be a better fit but he to say he is a better player with any level of certainty is just insane.

There is virtually no chance that Cole could have achieved all-SEC honors his first two seasons out of high school.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:14:21 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2020, 07:20:26 PM »
LJ was a first team all-American JUCO in his lone season and played in an exponentially better conference. Heron was twice named All-SEC his first two years of college at a big boy level. Cole may be a better fit but he to say he is a better player with any level of certainty is just insane.

There is virtually no chance that Cole could have achieved all-SEC honors his first two seasons out of high school.
I literally copied and pasted the whole thing, but everything I put I automatically am wrong even if I didn’t put it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:20:50 PM by BannerMountainMan »

Marillac

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
I literally copied and pasted the whole thing, but everything I put I automatically am wrong even if I didn’t put it.

Where did you copy this part from then:  “better than any player we have right now that fits Anderson’s system.“

I can see the original tweet and that part isn’t there.

I can’t tell if your foursome is really that stupid or just amazing at trolling.

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2020, 02:29:19 AM »
I’m not treating Anderson’s first year any different than Mullins first year.
Why's that?

Are you not capable of seeing that the lot of LJ, Gil Scott, Duke, Dr. Roberts and Williams are far superior to Jones, Felix the cat and Alibegivic. Everybody knows that.