2020 Transfers

• 299 replies

goredmen

Re: 2020 Transfers
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2020, 07:32:54 PM »
Jon Rothstein
Illinois wing Alan Griffin will transfer, per his Twitter page. Was in position to potentially be a starter for the Illini next season.

Local kid from Stepanic. Shot 41% from 3. Pure speculation but guessing Seton Hall will be in play here.

Marillac

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
Jon Rothstein
Illinois wing Alan Griffin will transfer, per his Twitter page. Was in position to potentially be a starter for the Illini next season.

Local kid from Stepanic. Shot 41% from 3. Pure speculation but guessing Seton Hall will be in play here.

We should be all over him. 4.5 rebounds in 18 minutes as a 6’5 guard is awesome. 41% from three on 4.0 attempts is impressive too. Kid has a beautiful looking shot and can hit off the bounce.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:16:58 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
We should be all over him. 4.5 rebounds in 18 minutes as a 6’5 guard is awesome. 41% from three on 4.0 attempts is impressive too. Kid has a beautiful looking shot and can hit off the bounce.

Damn I hope we are in on him!!

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:16 PM »
Wow this kid seems like a gift-wrapped grad-transfer for Anderson. His only good year statistically was with Anderson 2018-2019 with 7.6 pts and 5.6 assists. How was he defensively?

He looks athletic but slightly wild (less than Dunn) and lacking a bit in skill.
His shooting was atrocious that year for Anderson as he shot like 12% from three, but fixed his shot this year under Muss and shot a little better, he is crazy athletic and is a really good pass first point guard, defense is about like Dunn’s. Would be a really good fit with shooters around him like Cole, LJ, and Williams. He’s from Carolina and heard he might go to UNC Wilmington and be a leader there, would be a great 6th man here or even a starter if he improves his shot. Was top 5 in assist/To ratio that one year Anderson had him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:57:52 PM by BannerMountainMan »

Marillac

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2020, 12:11:12 AM »
His shooting was atrocious that year for Anderson as he shot like 12% from three, but fixed his shot this year under Muss and shot a little better, he is crazy athletic and is a really good pass first point guard, defense is about like Dunn’s. Would be a really good fit with shooters around him like Cole, LJ, and Williams. He’s from Carolina and heard he might go to UNC Wilmington and be a leader there, would be a great 6th man here or even a starter if he improves his shot. Was top 5 in assist/To ratio that one year Anderson had him.

He'd be silly to go anywhere else.  He's made for Anderson with that profile and proven results in his style.

« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »
He'd be silly to go anywhere else.  He's made for Anderson with that profile and proven results in his style.
He really hurts an offense though as the defense can back off of him.

Marillac

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »

Less of a problem if you keep it moving. We are never going to shine in the half court.

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »
Same could be said about Rutherford yet he still obviously had his moments.

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
All Facts
@AllFactsMedia
 · 12m
Breaking: Quinnipiac grad transfer Kevin Marfo (@KevinMarfo) tells us he has cut his list to 5 schools.

Penn state
Minnesota
Texas A&M
St. John’s
VCU
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:30:20 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
All Facts
@AllFactsMedia
 · 12m
Breaking: Quinnipiac grad transfer Kevin Marfo (@KevinMarfo) tells us he has cut his list to 5 schools.

Penn state
Minnesota
Texas A&M
St. John’s
VCU

I think we have a good shot and based on the lack of news I hear with us and other transfers, I think staff must be very very hopeful.

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
Yes, I have a really good feeling Marfo picks St. John’s, and if LJ stays then next year is for sure something to get very excited about, a Williams, Cole, LJ, Champagnie, Marfo lineup would be very very hard to guard and that’s bringing in Dunn, Alexander, Caraher, Earlington, Roberts, Moore, Wusu and McGriff if he stays, or if not another grad transfer, which is a very deep lineup.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:47:57 PM by BannerMountainMan »

NYCoffey

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »

Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
·
1h
A few new 2021 St. John's targets: JUCOs DeShawn Davis and Sydney Curry, four-star PG Frankie Collins, five-star guard Jaden Hardy, wing Daniel Nixon, four-star PG Rahsoon Diggins from Philly. #sjubb
Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
·
1h
In addition to known 2020 targets like Kevin Marfo, Josh Gray, Jordan Bruner and Ty McMillan, a few new ones for St. John's: George Washington grad transfer Arnaldo Toro, JUCO forwards Carlton Linguard and Maurice Calloo and Wofford grand transfer Chevez Goodwin. #sjubb

Marillac

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2020, 07:28:04 PM »
Yes, I have a really good feeling Marfo picks St. John’s, and if LJ stays then next year is for sure something to get very excited about, a Williams, Cole, LJ, Champagnie, Marfo lineup would be very very hard to guard and that’s bringing in Dunn, Alexander, Caraher, Earlington, Roberts, Moore, Wusu and McGriff if he stays, or if not another grad transfer, which is a very deep lineup.

We would run a PG out in the lineup you listed instead of Williams.

I like Marfo. It would be a big add. I see him as a glue guy not someone who can carry or even help carry a team so it would be nice to get a player or two that fits that billing. Cole is certainly one.

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2020, 08:47:11 PM »
We would run a PG out in the lineup you listed instead of Williams.

I like Marfo. It would be a big add. I see him as a glue guy not someone who can carry or even help carry a team so it would be nice to get a player or two that fits that billing. Cole is certainly one.

I have to agree...he will be a nice addition, but would be nice to land an impact player as well...I also don’t see Williams as the point guard...I think we let Posh and McGriff (if he stays)battle it out in the pre-season and early conference portion of the schedule...may the best PG win and the other could possible be the best back up in the conference....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:48:10 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
Is Posh equal to/or an upgrade over what Rutherford gave us last season? If yes, can we live with Dunn as back up PG if McGriff splits? If no, Posh is not equal to Rutherford and McGriff splits, then we need another PG, can’t hand the keys to Dunn. Not a true PG.

Poison

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »
Is Posh equal to/or an upgrade over what Rutherford gave us last season? If yes, can we live with Dunn as back up PG if McGriff splits? If no, Posh is not equal to Rutherford and McGriff splits, then we need another PG, can’t hand the keys to Dunn. Not a true PG.

Posh probably will score more than Rutherford, but as a freshman guard, he’ll probably need time to learn how to stop the ball.

Dunn had some moments, but when I look at the body of work, it’s hard to be comfortable with him playing either guard position. He can’t shoot, and he can’t see the court well enough to run the offense. We’ve been through this before. From Derek Brown to James Scott to Phil Greene to Federico Mussini we have tried turn twos into ones. It doesn’t work.

At times this season, we were all puzzled as to why Mullin didn’t recruit him, but after seeing him it’s clear to me that he doesn’t have a position.

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »
Posh probably will score more than Rutherford, but as a freshman guard, he’ll probably need time to learn how to stop the ball.

Dunn had some moments, but when I look at the body of work, it’s hard to be comfortable with him playing either guard position. He can’t shoot, and he can’t see the court well enough to run the offense. We’ve been through this before. From Derek Brown to James Scott to Phil Greene to Federico Mussini we have tried turn twos into ones. It doesn’t work.

At times this season, we were all puzzled as to why Mullin didn’t recruit him, but after seeing him it’s clear to me that he doesn’t have a position.

I agree....he is more of that freelance type 2 guard...to me will be excellent spark plug off the bench...to me, Posh is the guy until he proves otherwise....He would have def been a 4* if not for his injury, and may end up there when the rankings are re-calibrated based on this years stats and competition...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:35:24 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
I heard them say the longer It takes LJ to announce the better chance he’s coming back, they said it’s fluid 50/50! We need this!! Has he graduated yet?

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »

Agree, I think would be better suited as the sparkplug, first man off the bench. If Posh and McGriff can handle all 40 minutes at point, Dunn and Williams can be the playmakers they are.

Poison

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2020, 03:57:09 PM »
Agree, I think would be better suited as the sparkplug, first man off the bench. If Posh and McGriff can handle all 40 minutes at point, Dunn and Williams can be the playmakers they are.

I think Dunn is better suited to play at a much lower level. He never should have left St.Francis. IDK anything about McGriff, but if he leaves they should get a grad transfer point guard to replace him. Gotta have some experience in that backcourt.