Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent

• 70 replies
Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Re: Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
How do you feel about the article being a Norm lover?

Was not strong enough but made a lot of valid points.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »
If you put his below average game coaching aside, (And I'll say below average, because it hasn't been that bad this year) and you just focus on his recruiting, his judgement has to be his weakest skill.

His only two 4 star recruits, Burrell and Coker, have underacheived big time.

Kennedy is a quality player, but asking him to go head to head every night against a great scorer is too much. It's not his game to drop 25 a night.

Curry can do that. Jones can, too. Even Rosario on Rutgers is a great scorer.

There are issues all over the offense on this team. Roberts hasn't recruited a BE ready point guard in 6 years. That is completely unacceptable.

Maybe our big men wouldn't try to do too much if they were more involved in the offense. Horne and Kennedy aren't adept enough at scoring to be the guys trying to lead the offense.

At this point, this is like a Mahoney team. Some talent, but no direction.
Maybe they should try Kennedy at the point. I see no other option this year.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:03:09 PM by Poison »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »
Desrochers obviously is reading the message boards - "we don't know the standard he must achieve." I think it's pretty rare to have a spelled-out standard of wins and losses for the media. I think it's silly when posters create one, and sillier when someone paid to write mentions that.

Not a bad article.  I don't know how harsh you expect someone who may need to interview this coach to be... and additionally, it's pretty unseemly to go off with a WASJU rant in a news outlet that wants to be taken seriously - people will say you just have an axe to grind.

But God in heaven, how does this guy get the phrase "NIT BIRTH" past his spell checkers/ editors?  NO ONE GETS PREGNANT WITH NIT/NCAA TOURNAMENT AND NO ONE HAS TO PUSH A TOURNAMENT OUT.  IT'S AN NCAA BERTH.  IT'S AN NIT BERTH.

Sorry.  That s**t's a real pet peeve.  I'm sending him an email.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:23:17 PM by peter »

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »
Baldi, you realize this article SUPPORTS what Norm haters say, sorrect?  Norm hasn't won because he hasn't brought in talent good enough to do so, and he has too many holes as an actual coach to make up for that. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
Baldi, you realize this article SUPPORTS what Norm haters say, sorrect?  Norm hasn't won because he hasn't brought in talent good enough to do so, and he has too many holes as an actual coach to make up for that.

look at my initial post

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »
typical, Baldi speak----will not take a side.

Do you agree with this article or do you still want to support Norm and say he is the right man for the job?

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
typical, Baldi speak----will not take a side.

Do you agree with this article or do you still want to support Norm and say he is the right man for the job?

When did I ever say he was the right man for the job or a great coach,recruiter etc., you can go back and look through my posts.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
Do you think he is a good coach/recruiter or not?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »
Do you think he is a good coach/recruiter or not?

Tough to say, having All Americans on your team can make you a good coach in most cases(JT3 not being one of them). Than of course, you can say Norm cant recruit All Americans, But you could also say that Norm and St Johns cant or wont provide the same oppurtunitie$ as some other $chools and coaches

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
LOL you're a pro at dodging the question.  Do you think Norm is doing a good job at St. John's overall or not?

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 10:12:36 PM »
LOL you're a pro at dodging the question.  Do you think Norm is doing a good job at St. John's overall or not?

It all depends on this seasons outcome. A Ncaa bid or a good run in the NIT might change some minds. Might

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
I'm not talking about other people's minds, I'm talking about YOUR mind. Up until this very moment, what type of a job do you think Norm has done?

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 10:20:32 PM »
I'm not talking about other people's minds, I'm talking about YOUR mind. Up until this very moment, what type of a job do you think Norm has done?

Ask me after our Sweet 16 matchup

boo3

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »
  If you can't see that the guy is in way over his head, then you don't know basketball. Jees, the guy has sucked at this job and his previous job as head coach at Queens College. And he's missed out on every big target recruit he's gone after. As a basketball coach the man is an 0-fer.

Baldi-  you should run for office.

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
typical-----baldi is avoiding the question as usual.

he does not want to join a side as that would make him accountable for something and that is his biggest fear.

as theo tried to push the question-he avoided it like the plague as his true colors show. he is here to cause friction instead of wanting SJU to be a powerhouse in the BE.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »
typical-----baldi is avoiding the question as usual.

he does not want to join a side as that would make him accountable for something and that is his biggest fear.

as theo tried to push the question-he avoided it like the plague as his true colors show. he is here to cause friction instead of wanting SJU to be a powerhouse in the BE.

My biggest fear?  ;D ;D ;D Lighten up junior, my biggest fear might be sitting in a car with Jayson Williams, not a Norm coached team

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
make a sarcastic remark as that is all you can do.

you are clueless about college bball and you pretend to be pluto to get you by. i do not know why i even respond as it is a waste of my time.

but you do succeed as you want a response which you usually get but not normally bball related.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
make a sarcastic remark as that is all you can do.

you are clueless about college bball and you pretend to be pluto to get you by. i do not know why i even respond as it is a waste of my time.

but you do succeed as you want a response which you usually get but not normally bball related.

You can keep crying or wait even better, go join firenormnow.com. That might make you feel better. Thanks for posting

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
exactly, another post not bball related. you are the jester of the site(s) but you revel in it.