Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1580 on: September 10, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »
According to HallDan of rivals, St. John's is fading fast.

This guy is an idiot and his statements hold no weight

boo3

« Reply #1581 on: September 10, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »
  10 more day till this is over......Praise the lord!

Guys-  Why are we getting our panties in a bunch about what the other fans are saying on their sites?   Of course they think they are in the lead. Of course they think SJU is fading fast.   News flash... you folks have been doing the same exact thing here for a ridiculous amount of time.

Bottom line is no one knows.  Their "experts" have no clue, and neither do ours.   

Let it play out. 

ras

« Reply #1582 on: September 10, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
Statistics were mentioned previously. Lets say SJU has a 25% chance of landing him and UCLA has a 25% chance.  Say the other 3 schools collectively have a 50 % chance. That translates into a 75% chance he doesnt come here. We have to be realistic and move on if he passes. Thats said I would be very happy if he chooses us.

« Reply #1583 on: September 10, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
I was at a bar last night and ran into Kieran Darcy from ESPN NY and I asked him what he thought and he said he is not sure but he has been hearing a lot about Seton Hall. I hope he is wrong.

Take it for what it is worth.

what is a kieran darcy?

Moose

« Reply #1584 on: September 10, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
I was at a bar last night and ran into Kieran Darcy from ESPN NY and I asked him what he thought and he said he is not sure but he has been hearing a lot about Seton Hall. I hope he is wrong.

what is a kieran darcy?

He is college basketball writer for ESPN.com NY
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1585 on: September 10, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
Just saw on twitter that Anderson scored 61 points with 8 rebounds in his game today.

« Reply #1586 on: September 10, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »

what is a kieran darcy?

He is college basketball writer for ESPN.com NY

I know, I'm just being a dick :).

I actually just wanted to be sure we weren't getting this scoop from this guy.....

gman

« Reply #1587 on: September 10, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »

Does this guy have a good track record with info?  Never cared about SHU enough to read their board.  They have really gotten pretty smug during the KA recruitment.  He is make or break for them.  He is another great piece for us.

« Reply #1588 on: September 10, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »

Does this guy have a good track record with info?  Never cared about SHU enough to read their board.  They have really gotten pretty smug during the KA recruitment.  He is make or break for them.  He is another great piece for us.
Unless he broke the scoop about that Juco guy that no one ever heard of including the players own mother then I'm not going to pay any attention to him

« Reply #1589 on: September 10, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »

Dont read their board I keep making the mistake of reading to see their point on Kyle and their are so many tools their. A few classy fans but they crossed the line from confident to cocky

« Reply #1590 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »
  10 more day till this is over......Praise the lord!

Guys-  Why are we getting our panties in a bunch about what the other fans are saying on their sites?   Of course they think they are in the lead. Of course they think SJU is fading fast.   News flash... you folks have been doing the same exact thing here for a ridiculous amount of time.

Bottom line is no one knows.  Their "experts" have no clue, and neither do ours.   

Let it play out. 

Personally, boo....  I could care less about what someone says, as far as where we stand.  I also can deal with losing a recruiting race.  No sweat!

I find it deplorable how the Hall fans have acted in the past few months.  I'm sure the recruitment of Anderson has put some of 'em on edge.  To put it bluntly, it doesn't take much to be a complete jerk via the internet.

I think our board, as a whole, has acted pretty civilized throughout this process.  IMO, it's nothing new, as our board is usually even keeled.     
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:43:01 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #1591 on: September 10, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
Norm Roberts has nothing to do with recruiting at Florida. No one is signing up to play for that nice person.

And liar to boot, as he conned the University to believe that he could get the job (the recruits) done.  Actually Norm did get a few good recruits.  Its just that they didnt learn a damn thing and the smart ones took off.

Norm isn't smart enough to con anyone. The administration is more responsible for 7 wasted seasons at St.John's. Hopefully, there are enough donors to keep those SOBs out of the basketball program for good.

MCNPA

« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »
Wait til you read their latest rumor.  You'll really go to town... :2funny:

« Reply #1593 on: September 10, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
Just saw on twitter that Anderson scored 61 points with 8 rebounds in his game today.

How many assists?

« Reply #1594 on: September 10, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

How many assists?

Just 2 assists.

« Reply #1595 on: September 10, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »

what the word on the shu street now?

« Reply #1596 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:45 PM »

Shabazz Muhammed is interested in them and may take a visit. In all fairness they said that it is just a rumor and to take it with a grain of salt

RedVet

« Reply #1597 on: September 10, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

The word on the Seton Hall street  -- i.e., their SH Rivals site -- is that someone, possibly Kyle Anderson himself (who many of them now see as a lock for the Hall), has been trying to get Shabazz Mohammed to visit our friends in South Orange.

crgreen

« Reply #1598 on: September 10, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »
Fair enough CR, my point was that it's such garbage it should even be mentioned here. If UCLA fans are that stupid, let them announce it somewhere else. No need to copy their idiot speak.

And no offense, but I stand by what I said, I am not afraid of UCLA like I am of Syracuse, Duke and Uconn. Their big fat man had the game of his life, you lose last year in Westwood. After that, there wasn't much talent. I dont see a Kevin Love or a Russell Westbrook on these UCLA teams.

Let's see what kind of team they put together, Howland has had some great success, but that's in the past. What has he done lately?

I'll drop it - I know this IS a St. Johns board.  But a couple points before moving on  ---  I would mention that your argument just dropped "from decades" to 3 years with your reference to 2008 lottery picks Love and Westbroook   :)

And I should answer your question - lately?  He's added two 6'10 McDonalds All Americans on the front line to go with the fat guy (also a McD all American), and that rising Jr. power forward who pulled down almost DOUBLE the boards of any SJU player last year....And while you should celebratate gettng first team JC all america guard Nurideen Lindsey to Queens, you might note the other guard on that first team JC All America team - it's De'End Parker, and yes, Nuri and De'End WILL be matching up at some point on Feb. 18....

I root for SJU vs. anybody...except UCLA.

Gumby

« Reply #1599 on: September 10, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
Shabazz to SHU!!!  Have we entered the Twilight Zone!  Has Rod Serling taken over as coach of SHU?

Folks, it is time for a a reality check.

KA is only considering SHU because he lives in NJ.  No body is (or should) really argue that point.

Shabazz is looking at UCLA and UK, among other "elite" programs.  SHU, "elite", yeah right! As most people feel, he is a one and done type of player. 

So I would not let the SHU rumor floodgates get to any one including our SHU posters.

Take a deep breath!

Coach Lavin and KA will make a dynamic duo at St. John's.