Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Gumby

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1600 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »
CR, I hope you had nothing sharp around you when you heard that both KA and Shabazz are not going to UCLA, but SHU.  Now calm down, it was meant to be.  Who else will UCLA lose to SHU?  One can only wonder!

Rumor is that Coach Howland has signed on with SHU as well, to be DOB.

MCNPA

« Reply #1601 on: September 10, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
Fair enough CR, my point was that it's such garbage it should even be mentioned here. If UCLA fans are that stupid, let them announce it somewhere else. No need to copy their idiot speak.

And no offense, but I stand by what I said, I am not afraid of UCLA like I am of Syracuse, Duke and Uconn. Their big fat man had the game of his life, you lose last year in Westwood. After that, there wasn't much talent. I dont see a Kevin Love or a Russell Westbrook on these UCLA teams.

Let's see what kind of team they put together, Howland has had some great success, but that's in the past. What has he done lately?

I'll drop it - I know this IS a St. Johns board.  But a couple points before moving on  ---  I would mention that your argument just dropped "from decades" to 3 years with your reference to 2008 lottery picks Love and Westbroook   :)

And I should answer your question - lately?  He's added two 6'10 McDonalds All Americans on the front line to go with the fat guy (also a McD all American), and that rising Jr. power forward who pulled down almost DOUBLE the boards of any SJU player last year....And while you should celebratate gettng first team JC all america guard Nurideen Lindsey to Queens, you might note the other guard on that first team JC All America team - it's De'End Parker, and yes, Nuri and De'End WILL be matching up at some point on Feb. 18....

I root for SJU vs. anybody...except UCLA.

The Wear twins were a bit disappointing initially, but no doubt Howland can coach them up.  At this point, I'm most worried about UCLA's frontline.  SJU got hosed on calls last year, and had no chance vs the refs in that game but that's in the past.  Interesting that two JC AA PG's will be facing off, and both about the same size.  Truth be told though, the only thing I'll concede to ucla at this point is experience and has had time to build a balanced team, as SJU has had to build an entire roster in one year.

« Reply #1602 on: September 10, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »
Feel confident but be cautious. Shu is either a player or a pawn. Either way St Johns is in the driver's seat of this.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #1603 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
Feel confident but be cautious. Shu is either a player or a pawn. Either way St Johns is in the driver's seat of this.

I'm sure not going to be comfortable until the point he announces.  I do feel confident that it will be SJU but nobody can be totally sure.  9 days left..

« Reply #1604 on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Please meet Baron Davis. He a PG I coach. He was the No. 3 pick in the draft. He made $118 mil in 12 years in the league and still goin strong.

Oh and please meet Earl Watson. He a PG I coached. He a second round pick in the draft. A lotta peeps didnt expect him to hang on in the league. 11 years and 37 mil later, guess he prove 'em wrong.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #1605 on: September 10, 2011, 09:27:28 PM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Please meet Baron Davis. He a PG I coach. He was the No. 3 pick in the draft. He made $118 mil in 12 years in the league and still goin strong.

Oh and please meet Earl Watson. He a PG I coached. He a second round pick in the draft. A lotta peeps didnt expect him to hang on in the league. 11 years and 37 mil later, guess he prove 'em wrong.

Haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #1606 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Fantastic!

« Reply #1607 on: September 10, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
I really want to thank all of you guys for being awesome. I've recently taken a look at other team's boards and if this place were even remotely close to that I'd shut it down. #crazy

« Reply #1608 on: September 10, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
Wait til you read their latest rumor.  You'll really go to town... :2funny:

what the word on the shu street now?

The word on the Seton Hall street  -- i.e., their SH Rivals site -- is that someone, possibly Kyle Anderson himself (who many of them now see as a lock for the Hall), has been trying to get Shabazz Mohammed to visit our friends in South Orange.

I thought sniffing glue was illegal...

« Reply #1609 on: September 10, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
I really want to thank all of you guys for being awesome. I've recently taken a look at other team's boards and if this place were even remotely close to that I'd shut it down. #crazy

You win with class and lose with class, and hopefully we will win this battle while keeping it classy

« Reply #1610 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:10 AM »
Stay Classy San Diego!!!!

Hopefully at the end of the day, we win out!

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!

But Choz has have a compelling point to KA!

« Reply #1611 on: September 11, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »

Appreciate it!  No kidding, Dave!  I feel our board has an excellent grade in civility.  I can't say the same for many other boards.

« Reply #1612 on: September 11, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
The Playaz play at noon and 3pm on Sunday.

Gumby

« Reply #1613 on: September 11, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »
MJ, do you know if Darrick will be here for the Sunday doubleheader?

« Reply #1614 on: September 11, 2011, 10:53:43 AM »
Wait til you read their latest rumor.  You'll really go to town... :2funny:

what the word on the shu street now?

The word on the Seton Hall street  -- i.e., their SH Rivals site -- is that someone, possibly Kyle Anderson himself (who many of them now see as a lock for the Hall), has been trying to get Shabazz Mohammed to visit our friends in South Orange.

The real question may be, if Kyle chooses St. Johns, may Mr. Mohammad be a lter visit?  Do you think that may be in the back of coach Lavs mind.  With Lavs track record, nothing would surprise me at this point. 8)

I thought sniffing glue was illegal...

« Reply #1615 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »

Wood isn't gonna be there this weekend.  I do know he seemed giddy about playing in the IS8 (with Anderson) this weekend.

« Reply #1616 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »

Hey Gumby,

He's up at Bridgeton this weekend. You might find reading the report from yesterday helpful.

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/kyle-anderson-drops-61-points-at-is8-talks-st-johns/

gman

« Reply #1617 on: September 11, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
Per zags twitter

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
@KyleAnderson5 put up 35 points in one game today against South Shore and 31 vs. Riverside Church in another at IS8.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1618 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
Not that I don't believe the insiders on this site, but ESPN has KA's recruiting situation as SHU and UCLA as high interest, and STJ, Florida and Gtown as medium interest.

« Reply #1619 on: September 12, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Hey Dave, like FB, I think it's time to add a "like" function.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:05:10 AM by Johnny4Life »