Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1540 on: September 09, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »
i've read mike rosario will be KA's chaperone in FL.

mkras99

« Reply #1541 on: September 09, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
Seton Hall insider's (HallDan) latest odds:

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%
Georgetown/Florida - 1% each

« Reply #1542 on: September 09, 2011, 06:52:12 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

So let me get this straight, the SHU insiders think it will be SHU, the UCLA insiders think it will be UCLA and the SJU insiders think it will be SJU. Shocking.

« Reply #1543 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

This is about 2% chance of being 50% accurate
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #1544 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
Kyle's open workout started at 3:45 today and we had two assistants there for the work out then at about 5:30 Coach Lavin showed up with Earl Watson.

Certainly a different approach but I have to give the man extra points for knowing how to make an entrance.

This could get ugly.  Bruin boards already have long threads on how Baron Davis is a traitor for being at SJU for Kyles visit (and that I'm one for reporting it!).  And now Earl accompanies Steve to Kyle's workout at St. Anthonys?   Yikes.

« Reply #1545 on: September 09, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
So i have been a member for 5 months and have never posted before but this Kyle Anderson thing is getting ridiculous,
After reading the boards of the other programs no one has actually ever made any type argument that has really shown any one as a clear favorite or given any one to believe that Kyle really should choose a specific school.
The 4 basic arguments all have a flaw (please feel free to correct me if im wrong about this)
UCLA- the best program out of the 4 major competitors butit is across the country and Kyle wants to stay home
Georgetown- there only argument seems to be that they fit Kyle's style of play best, but most High School players want to play in a high tempo offense where they will be able to really use their skills in the best ways possible, plus gtown roster isnt really anything impressive right now
Seton Hall- they really are only in this because they are close but for Kyle to choose them he would really have to really have some New Jersey pride because unless he turns out to be one of the all time greats he wont lead them to any type of deep tourney run
St. Johns- we are close but not the closest and have a great staff, but Lavin hasn't put any ST JOHNS players in the pros yet so that takes away from a little of his past achievements since they were at a different school.  Also as great as I truly hope this current recruiting class will be there is absolutely no guarantee that they will turn into what we all hope they do.

Basically what im trying to say is that I really dont believe that any of these 4 schools are a perfect fit for Kyle anderson. that being said i really hope he lands for us because i think that is his best fit as long as this freshman class lives up to the hype
I know this was a long post especially for my first ever one on this site but ive been formulating my opinion for a very long time over this and figured it was time to throw my 2 cents into this

« Reply #1546 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »
So i have been a member for 5 months and have never posted before but this Kyle Anderson thing is getting ridiculous,
After reading the boards of the other programs no one has actually ever made any type argument that has really shown any one as a clear favorite or given any one to believe that Kyle really should choose a specific school.
The 4 basic arguments all have a flaw (please feel free to correct me if im wrong about this)
UCLA- the best program out of the 4 major competitors butit is across the country and Kyle wants to stay home
Georgetown- there only argument seems to be that they fit Kyle's style of play best, but most High School players want to play in a high tempo offense where they will be able to really use their skills in the best ways possible, plus gtown roster isnt really anything impressive right now
Seton Hall- they really are only in this because they are close but for Kyle to choose them he would really have to really have some New Jersey pride because unless he turns out to be one of the all time greats he wont lead them to any type of deep tourney run
St. Johns- we are close but not the closest and have a great staff, but Lavin hasn't put any ST JOHNS players in the pros yet so that takes away from a little of his past achievements since they were at a different school.  Also as great as I truly hope this current recruiting class will be there is absolutely no guarantee that they will turn into what we all hope they do.

Basically what im trying to say is that I really dont believe that any of these 4 schools are a perfect fit for Kyle anderson. that being said i really hope he lands for us because i think that is his best fit as long as this freshman class lives up to the hype
I know this was a long post especially for my first ever one on this site but ive been formulating my opinion for a very long time over this and figured it was time to throw my 2 cents into this

Great post.

jr49

« Reply #1547 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
Kyle's open workout started at 3:45 today and we had two assistants there for the work out then at about 5:30 Coach Lavin showed up with Earl Watson.

Certainly a different approach but I have to give the man extra points for knowing how to make an entrance.

This could get ugly.  Bruin boards already have long threads on how Baron Davis is a traitor for being at SJU for Kyles visit (and that I'm one for reporting it!).  And now Earl accompanies Steve to Kyle's workout at St. Anthonys?   Yikes.
So ya dump them, and hang out here. Seems like your appreciated in these parts.

« Reply #1548 on: September 09, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »
St. John's, Seton Hall and UCLA only ones that had representatives at today's game.

St. John's had their assistants and Lavin.
Seton Hall had Willard.
UCLA had Earl Watson.  :laugh:

« Reply #1549 on: September 09, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

My guess is he is being far too modest.  My unofficial odds have it at:

SHU: 99%
UCLA: .5%
Georgetown/Florida: .1% each and
SJU: .3%

« Reply #1550 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

He pulled those numbers out of his ass. To be honest, NO ONE can play that game because we dont know whats going through his head and his heart. I truly believe all 5 schools are a player and none can be taken lightly. He probably has favorites but they could change at any time. I like our chance but wouldn't be surprised if he picked one of the other 4 schools. September 20th will let us know for sure where he is going until then it is just speculation

MCNPA

« Reply #1551 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:02 PM »

Lol... I love it!!!  Maybe Bruins fans should have been nicer to Steevie Lavin.  maybe then he wouldn't have to use those bruins to take a potential ucla recruit.  Cr it is funny because you may be one of those Bruins fans that gets it, but those guys are being loyal to their coach and friend.  They probably thought he was treated unfairly as well.  Personally, I think it is fantastic that those guys are going to bat for Lavs and he does the same.  He has a fantastic relationship with his players past and present and it is a testament to any kid considering coming here to play for Lavin. 

MCNPA

« Reply #1552 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:53 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

Actually, 50% of the time it works every time... ;D

MCNPA

« Reply #1553 on: September 09, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

Let's remember that hall dan gets paid to round up the troops and on treasure trove memberships.  He has a dog in the fight in addition to being a fan.  He's wrong, but besides that it's pretty funny.

Marillac

« Reply #1554 on: September 09, 2011, 11:42:55 PM »
Here are my odds:

SH 20%
UCLA 20%
STJ 20%
UF 20%
GTown 20%

« Reply #1555 on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:08 PM »
Here are my odds:

SH 20%
UCLA 20%
STJ 20%
UF 20%
GTown 20%

That almost sounds logical  :o

« Reply #1556 on: September 10, 2011, 12:25:34 AM »

I was wondering what UCLA fans were saying about Baron coming here. Great stuff

« Reply #1557 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:30 AM »
Kyle Anderson will suit up for the Playaz tomorrow at iS8. Game starts at 10am. #stjbb

https://twitter.com/#!/DanielJMartin_/status/112384123791872000

RedVet

« Reply #1558 on: September 10, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »

SHU - 74%
UCLA - 19%
STJ - 5%

Let's remember that hall dan gets paid to round up the troops and on treasure trove memberships.  He has a dog in the fight in addition to being a fan.  He's wrong, but besides that it's pretty funny.

Yeah, and you actually have to pay for Halldan's "inside" information like this, along with other "exclusive" recruiting information, on the Seton Hall's "Treasure Trove" site. Hey, there's a sucker born every minute.

crgreen

« Reply #1559 on: September 10, 2011, 01:23:04 AM »

I was wondering what UCLA fans were saying about Baron coming here. Great stuff

Well, there are conspiracy theorists who think they're both pulling the wool over that idiot Lavin's eyes, by pulling Kyle aside and secretly telling them how lousy Lavin is and steering him to Westwood.....

By the way, have I mentioned I hope Kyle picks UCLA?

Oh - and some posters are up on their recruiting and realizing what Earl's involvement might mean next year in the Ismail Wainwright recruitment (yes, I want Wainwright in Westwood, too  -  perfect replacement for 1 and done Shabazz Mohamad at the 3)...