Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

gonzalo

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »

Another development was that Kareem Canty, a top PG prosepct for SHU that SHU fans thought they were in tight with, just announced his final 3 and SHU is off the list (Xavier, Miami and FSU).  So after missing out on Sterling Gibbs, Momo Jones, Omar Calhoun and now Canty it looks like SHU is pinning all their hopes on landing KA.

There has been a change: Seton Hall is one of four finalists for Canty.

« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »

Another development was that Kareem Canty, a top PG prosepct for SHU that SHU fans thought they were in tight with, just announced his final 3 and SHU is off the list (Xavier, Miami and FSU).  So after missing out on Sterling Gibbs, Momo Jones, Omar Calhoun and now Canty it looks like SHU is pinning all their hopes on landing KA.

There has been a change: Seton Hall is one of four finalists for Canty.

No, he just threw them a bone.

I mean by all accounts he is really considering 2 schools: Xavier (the fav) and Miami.

Are you going to tell me that he tells everyone he is down to 3 schools and then the next day says "Actually I'll add SHU" and at the same time he is seriously considering that 4th school, SHU?

Think about it, he thought so little of them not to put them on the original list and then adds them later and that is where he is going to land in a few weeks?  Probably not.

He said in two articles that Xavier and Miami lead and that he was close to choosing Xavier after his visit there a few weeks ago but he wanted something to compare it to so he is going to visit Miami where Larranaga is,  Larranaga recruited him while he was at GMU.  Which means he is probably not going to visit FSU, which leaves them out, even though he included them on his final list of 3 (just goes to show you how his list really means nothing past Xavier and Miami).  And he visited Xavier AFTER he took a visit to Seton Hall.  Yet he says he does not have anything to compare his visit to Xavier too?  Think about that.

« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »
As much as KA might not say location is a factor his family means a great deal to him. His dad coaches, his mom and sister are at every game.

At the end of the day if he had to go far away to pursue his dream I believe that would trump things but if he can pursue his dream and be close to his family that would be ideal.

Seton Hall is doing a great job of recruiting Kyle just as St. John's did a great job recruiting Sylven Landesberg. I don't think he winds up at Seton Hall for the pure fact that the surrounding talent isn't there. Kyle is a great player but he's even better with great talent surrounding him as he will make them all better. If he's seeing double teams at Seton Hall he'll struggle and be exposed.

I could see him thriving at Georgetown and I'd anticipate they'd be one of the toughest suitors opposing St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
As much as KA might not say location is a factor his family means a great deal to him. His dad coaches, his mom and sister are at every game.

At the end of the day if he had to go far away to pursue his dream I believe that would trump things but if he can pursue his dream and be close to his family that would be ideal.

Seton Hall is doing a great job of recruiting Kyle just as St. John's did a great job recruiting Sylven Landesberg. I don't think he winds up at Seton Hall for the pure fact that the surrounding talent isn't there. Kyle is a great player but he's even better with great talent surrounding him as he will mtake them all better. If he's seeing double teams at Seton Hall he'll struggle and be exposed.

I could see him thriving at Georgetown and I'd anticipate they'd be one of the toughest suitors opposing St. John's.

Heard UCLA is going after LJ Rose and Smith-Rivera harder because they don't anticipate that they will land KA.  UCLA could be set up for a huge class after they landed Jordan Adams.  They are in good with LJ Rose and Shabazz Muhammad.

As for SHU looks like they are starting to put together a list of plan B's and C's (Daiquan Walker and DeShawn Suber) to be prepared if KA says no.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:47:26 PM by fordham96 »

gman

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2011, 05:48:48 PM »
Ucla landed a small forward today. Not sure if that impacts their recruiter at all

« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »
Ucla landed a small forward today. Not sure if that impacts their recruiter at all
if it did in a negative way i guess we're screwed then(im sure it doesnt impact it at all)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:03:28 PM by stjchris128 »

« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »

Seton Hall is doing a great job of recruiting Kyle just as St. John's did a great job recruiting Sylven Landesberg. I don't think he winds up at Seton Hall for the pure fact that the surrounding talent isn't there. Kyle is a great player but he's even better with great talent surrounding him as he will make them all better. If he's seeing double teams at Seton Hall he'll struggle and be exposed.

Does anyone "thrive" under JT3 at Georgetown?

« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »

Roy Hibbert, Jeff Green, Patrick Ewing Jr. all in the NBA. Austin Freeman had a great career
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »

Roy Hibbert, Jeff Green, Patrick Ewing Jr. all in the NBA. Austin Freeman had a great career

Greg Monroe.

Some High School All Americans made a poor basketball choice going there imo. HIs style of play is not for everyone

« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
I can see Kyle fitting in well at Georgetown. They run a more slow, methodical approach to offense, where skills like passing and moving w/out the ball are emphasized . My only concern would be their system being a bit too rigid. JTIII doesn't give his kids all that much freedom to create. They have their system, and they don't stray from it. Green and Monroe flourished in it. Freeman and Wright didn't. I think both kids underachieved at Georgetown, and whispers were that both never really bought in to the system. I know a lot of G'town fans, and they all are growing impatient with the princeton type offense. I think it definitely restricts individual offense.

MCNPA

« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »
I can see Kyle fitting in well at Georgetown. They run a more slow, methodical approach to offense, where skills like passing and moving w/out the ball are emphasized . My only concern would be their system being a bit too rigid. JTIII doesn't give his kids all that much freedom to create. They have their system, and they don't stray from it. Green and Monroe flourished in it. Freeman and Wright didn't. I think both kids underachieved at Georgetown, and whispers were that both never really bought in to the system. I know a lot of G'town fans, and they all are growing impatient with the princeton type offense. I think it definitely restricts individual offense.

The Princeton, or the "Princetown" offense like Hoya fans call it, will do little for Anderson in terms of getting him exposure in terms of playing an NBA game.  We already know that Anderson is a big kid that can pass.  In a rigid half-court style like that, he won't answer the questions of whether he can run and play and NBA-style game.  I  a system like SJU's he'd certainly get a chance to show different skills and have a lot more freedom to play not only in the half-court but on the break.  I do think that Kyle Anderson is an excellent fit for Georgetown.  The question really is whether the "Princetown" offense is really a great fit for Anderson?  I wouldn't think so, but that is something that the kid needs to decide.

« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »

The Princeton, or the "Princetown" offense like Hoya fans call it, will do little for Anderson in terms of getting him exposure in terms of playing an NBA game.  We already know that Anderson is a big kid that can pass.  In a rigid half-court style like that, he won't answer the questions of whether he can run and play and NBA-style game.  I  a system like SJU's he'd certainly get a chance to show different skills and have a lot more freedom to play not only in the half-court but on the break.  I do think that Kyle Anderson is an excellent fit for Georgetown.  The question really is whether the "Princetown" offense is really a great fit for Anderson?  I wouldn't think so, but that is something that the kid needs to decide.

IMO, G'town would be a solid fit for Anderson.  I also believe our system will fit him very well.  Anderson will be able to play a myriad of styles with the Johnnies.  Quite frankly, that might be enough to sway him towards Queens.  I can certainly see this one becoming a two-horse race between our Johnnies and the "Hated Hoyas.

Moose

« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2011, 09:36:45 AM »

IMO, G'town would be a solid fit for Anderson.  I also believe our system will fit him very well.  Anderson will be able to play a myriad of styles with the Johnnies.  Quite frankly, that might be enough to sway him towards Queens.  I can certainly see this one becoming a two-horse race between our Johnnies and the "Hated Hoyas.

This statement alone shows how versatile Kyle is and how he would be a tremendous asset and should be the focus of our '12 class along with Gathers.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »

This statement alone shows how versatile Kyle is and how he would be a tremendous asset and should be the focus of our '12 class along with Gathers.

Interesting thing about the both of them is that they are both anomalies and unique players in their own right.  Neither can be compared to anybody in their class.  Not one player out there comes close to Gathers strength, and freakish power/speed game.  Nobody out there has the handle, passing and smarts of Anderson at 6'8".  No doubt both would offer a lot to this program.  The fact that they ARE the focus of the class should say something right there.  Lavin rarely fails to get the kids he wants, and hits at a greater percentage than most.  I think our odds are good.

« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »
Very interesting quote from Chris Wright recently. He's going through the draft process and seems to have an issue with the princeton offense:

“I know going into the process,” the Bowie native said, “what baffled me is a lot of people questioned my toughness and if I would be a guy that would play defense and be scrappy and all that stuff. I think I proved myself. Like I said before, I think a lot of people underestimate how talented we are coming from Georgetown because we’re in the Princeton offense so you can’t really do whatever you want – a lot of one on one and pick and roll possessions. I think a lot of people are surprised with the things that I can do on the court.”

He's basically confirming that at G'town, you are held back a little.

Moose

« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
Very interesting quote from Chris Wright recently. He's going through the draft process and seems to have an issue with the princeton offense:

“I know going into the process,” the Bowie native said, “what baffled me is a lot of people questioned my toughness and if I would be a guy that would play defense and be scrappy and all that stuff. I think I proved myself. Like I said before, I think a lot of people underestimate how talented we are coming from Georgetown because we’re in the Princeton offense so you can’t really do whatever you want – a lot of one on one and pick and roll possessions. I think a lot of people are surprised with the things that I can do on the court.”

He's basically confirming that at G'town, you are held back a little.

Attn: Kyle

« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - When Kyle Anderson was nine years old, he attended one of Bob Hurley's summer basketball camps. He hoped to one day become a star guard, and learning from Hurley - one of the greatest high school coaches of all-time - could get him there.

Seven years later, it happened.

Anderson, now a senior guard for Hurley's St. Anthony High School in Jersey City, N.J., is regarded as a consensus Top 10 player in the nation for the class of 2012. Last season he helped lead the Friars to an undefeated record and the No. 1 spot in the final USA TODAY Super 25 rankings.

The Fairview, N.J., native says he recently finalized his list of schools to Georgetown, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Florida and UCLA.

Read More:http://www.highschoolsports.net/sports/preps/basketball/2011-06-23-kyle-anderson-newark-central-point-guard_n.htm
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »
I question Georgetown's toughness because they're not tough.

Gumby

« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »
Is KA going the route of Kyrie and be a "one and down" college player?

Moose

« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »
http://eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29884776/30328196

With most of the recruiting process behind him, the nation’s most versatile player is still not sure when exactly he wants to commit.

“No timetable,” Anderson said. “But before the season.”