Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1820 on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »
I haven't heard one pro-SJU article/tweet/blog for a month on KA. The only positive things I've heard is on this board. I just hope the insiders here know more than everyone else, or else it looks like we're in trouble. Even if we do lose out on him though I'm sure Lavin has a plan B up his sleeve, so I wouldn't be too upset.

I concur

« Reply #1821 on: September 14, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Not a tweet.  After he tweeted that SJU had fallen behind SHU and UCLA he went on a podcast and said UCLA dropped out thus leaving SHU presumably since they were in HIS top two

Fordham - any idea where this pod cast happened..?   any link you can direct us to..?

I did not hear it myself.  But Jeff was tweeting about his upcoming podcast yesterday.  I believe it would be on CBS Sports somewhere.  Again did not hear it but others are reporting he said it there.
I'll get it - I have it on my UMD board, because the discussion was around Amile and McGary too. Let me look.

Found it - it was actually just cbssports.com

Enjoy - PS - I think Amile may wait until after November to verbal. But he likes the Terps a lot.  I think geographically speaking, if he wants out of Philly but still wants to be close to home, the Storm and Terps are the best fit there.  That is win-win for me  ;)

http://eye-on-collegebasketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/31953090
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:20:16 AM by bball purist »

pmg911

pmg911

« Reply #1823 on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
I didn't hear one mention that UCLA was out of the chase. He specifically says UCLA, SJU & SHU all in the chase but he thinks SHU will win out. Says he has been hearing a lot of SHU buzz down the stretch too.

It comes across more as opinion then him claiming any insider information.

« Reply #1824 on: September 14, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
I haven't heard one pro-SJU article/tweet/blog for a month on KA. The only positive things I've heard is on this board. I just hope the insiders here know more than everyone else, or else it looks like we're in trouble. Even if we do lose out on him though I'm sure Lavin has a plan B up his sleeve, so I wouldn't be too upset.

"While sources close to the Kyle Anderson camp continue to say that St. John’s and UCLA are the favorites, one source said Florida had a “puncher’s chance” to land the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard."

That quote is from this Zagoria article published two days ago.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/12/florida-gets-crack-at-anderson/

« Reply #1825 on: September 14, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
I think about 5 more posts before "Will Kyle Anderson come to SJU" surpasses "Fire Norm" as the lonest running thread in JJ history.

« Reply #1826 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
The Florida visit was very impressionable on the Anderson family. The visit was described as Billy Donovan "knocking it out of the park." He had multiple ipads for everyone in the family to see presentations and it was very well organized.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gman

« Reply #1827 on: September 14, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
The Florida visit was very impressionable on the Anderson family. The visit was described as Billy Donovan "knocking it out of the park." He had multiple ipads for everyone in the family to see presentations and it was very well organized.

I just heard Lavin was spotted at the Apple store in SoHo.

Moose

« Reply #1828 on: September 14, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »

I hope Billy D took the iPad's back :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1829 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »

It seems like there is always something that stands out after each visit.  I don't get the sense that we "wowed" them.

sju89tr

« Reply #1830 on: September 14, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »

It seems like there is always something that stands out after each visit.  I don't get the sense that we "wowed" them.

Maybe it was orchestrated that way  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:39:58 PM by sju89tr »

Moose

« Reply #1831 on: September 14, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »

The moms quotes were pretty impressive
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1832 on: September 14, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »

Beside Kyle being physically drained due to back to back visits he had a really good time at St. John's and his family was very impressed with the total package that St. John's offers. There are aspects of media coverage/exposure that no other school on his list could compete with.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1833 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

Hopefully its him just playing the game and not tipping his hand but it does seem that other schools are more exciting to him but of course we over think every tweet and quote

« Reply #1834 on: September 14, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
Dave, in your honest, informed opinion, where do you think he goes?

« Reply #1835 on: September 14, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
You guys worry too much.... ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #1836 on: September 14, 2011, 02:16:46 PM »
Washer women.Just thought I would add one more post to an already ridiculously long thread because it seems many of you want to set some sort of record. Good luck with that, ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:17:20 PM by Celtics11 »

Gumby

« Reply #1837 on: September 14, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

The moms quotes were pretty impressive

I think Moose hit on a very good point.  KA's Mom probably has not seen many of her son's BB games.  Now he has a chance to perform for his Mom at MSG on a regular basis.  That has to mean quite a bit in the decision process.

« Reply #1838 on: September 14, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
If you play for Michigan you get to nail future Vice Presidential candidates. I think he should go there.

« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »
I think Moose hit on a very good point.  KA's Mom probably has not seen many of her son's BB games.  Now he has a chance to perform for his Mom at MSG on a regular basis.  That has to mean quite a bit in the decision process.

I have a feeling his mom is very present at his games.  I know she's a staple at his AAU games.