Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
FWIW, Nieves said the same thing two weeks ago. He's close with Etop and the Compton Magic (Pelle's AAU team) people. We'll see if he's right. Polee leaving may give Pelle the excuse to head to prep school.

How are those 2 (Polee and Pelle) tied together?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
It should be pointed out that according to Nieves (and I think I'd seen this independently), Polee and Pelle are good friends. For what it's worth.

Ok but where can Pelle go?  He signed an LOI. 
True. But he COULD, theoretically, go prep or JUCO (or transfer after a year). Can't force a kid to make it to school. Not at all saying that could happen.

Yeah but I just can't see him being upset over Polee leaving.  At least so much so that he doesn't qualify as a result.  I know you werent implying that.  But either he has the grades or he doesnt.  He claims he does.

I'm in the camp that believes Norvel's tweet but nowhere did Nieves say the prepping was due to grades.  That was an assumption made on this board only.
It's about academics. (as much as it's about anything)
FWIW, Nieves said the same thing two weeks ago. He's close with Etop and the Compton Magic (Pelle's AAU team) people. We'll see if he's right. Polee leaving may give Pelle the excuse to head to prep school.

It's complicated. Everything should work out as both sides are doing everything possible.

Well that sure doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Maybe this is why they want Gathers on campus now?

Gathers really isn't a substitute for the 6'11" shot-blocking Pelle though.  I hope everything works out here. 

« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2011, 10:09:54 AM »
Well that sure doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Maybe this is why they want Gathers on campus now?

Ditto, Moose.   I was thinking the same thing, Baldi.

Gathers has nothing to do with Pelle.

And Polee and Pelle know each other.

sju89tr

« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Pelle is still talking about coming July 11 to Queens, if he doesn't arrive on campus then I would worry about it then. He graduated high school and if he did not have a qualifying SAT score, I would assume we would know about it by now.

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2011, 12:35:05 PM »
Pelle is still talking about coming July 11 to Queens, if he doesn't arrive on campus then I would worry about it then. He graduated high school and if he did not have a qualifying SAT score, I would assume we would know about it by now.

You would be surprised at how many kids are not cleared this early.  It happens all the time.

Khem Birch of Pitt is a great example.  They are sweating him a bit.

The difference is we never had this type of talent coming in and so we are all paying much closer attention to this then usual.  Throw in recent media inventions like Twitter and rumors and innuendo start getting thrown all over the place.

Relax.

wpc77

« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »
Eric Katenda, a SF/PF going to Notre Dame, is stuck at home because the NCAA is looking into his sophomore transcript. So Fordham is right - let is play out.  Other teams are having similar issues (although, on the other hand, it would be great to get Pelle on campus ASAP to let him play in informal pickup games with the guys who are already there or will soon be there - other teams are doing that already, and with a roster filled with new faces, we need all of the time possible to get them to gel).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:09:40 PM by wpc77 »

MCNPA

Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
Recruit watch 2011...

God's Gift and Harrison on campus.  Harkless already here in NY and should be qualified.
Amir, Greene, Pointer headed to NYC tonight. 

I guess we're waiting to hear some travel plans for Pelle, Lindsey and Jakarr.  Not to look too much into this, but this morning Pelle said he was packing on twitter, but had some cryptic and concerning messages after that which I'd hate to try to interpret.  I guess this week we should know about almost all the kids just about.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:10:50 PM by MCNPA »

LJSA

Re: Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
Recruit watch 2011...

God's Gift and Harrison on campus.  Harkless already here in NY and should be qualified.

I guess we're waiting to hear some travel plans for Pelle, Lindsey and Jakarr.  Not to look too much into this, but this morning Pelle said he was packing on twitter, but had some cryptic and concerning messages after that which I'd hate to try to interpret.  I guess this week we should know about almost all the kids just about.

What did he say?

« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »

« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
hmmm, i wonder what decision he wants to change...and then he has to ask polee a question.

ras

« Reply #270 on: July 05, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
I wouldnt want to read to much into Pelle"s tweets, last one to Polee, but he don't sound to happy.

MCNPA

« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
I wouldnt want to read to much into Pelle"s tweets, last one to Polee, but he don't sound to happy.

Could be about a lot of things, that why I don't want to speculate. 

« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

Could be about a lot of things, that why I don't want to speculate. 

"Can Steve Fisher get me qualitized?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:49:21 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
God I hate twitter

MCNPA

« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
God I hate twitter

Agree, but it's there.  Somebody pointed the Pelle thing out to me earlier in the day so I looked.  No idea what it means anyway, but whatever.  We'll find out soon enough.  Like I said prior, it is quite a feat not only to land the type of class that Lavin did, but having double-digit players qualified and ready to play.  Good to hear that most of our guys are on board.  Time will tell about the last 3 we haven't heard about in Pelle, Nuri and Jakarr.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:19:23 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
Recruit watch 2011...

Funny but I thought Paccing was PACING haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
This kids Twitter feed is disturbing, well 6 days and we will know

MCNPA

« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Recruit watch 2011...

You've lost all street cred Moose... ;)

Moose

« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »
Recruit watch 2011...

You've lost all street cred Moose... ;)

Nah read it again.  It could be that ppl had him up early pacing :)  Regardless this needs some resolution.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
I bet it's packing...only because he says "Fucc" to mean....well, you know.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:07:10 PM by Mparty7441 »