Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2011, 11:12:51 PM »
I guess Pelle isnt unflappabble

LJSA

« Reply #281 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:48 AM »
I bet it's packing...only because he says "Fucc" to mean....well, you know.

I'm going to be fuccing picced off if he doesn't macc it to campus.

Moose

« Reply #282 on: July 06, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
I guess Pelle isnt unflappabble

Between qualitized and unflappable, you sure love beating certain words to a pulp.
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
@AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
St. John`s signee Norvel Pelle is here at Philadelphia U taking summer classes and is expected to be eligible this year

« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
@AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
St. John`s signee Norvel Pelle is here at Philadelphia U taking summer classes and is expected to be eligible this year

Sounds good to me! 

kjd01067

« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
Philadelphia U?

dR3w

« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
Seems strange, don't it.  Perhaps there is a comma or period missing.   There is a tournament or such going on there: http://www.philau.edu/today/headlines/?p=1001 ... perhaps he is there for that, and is taking summer classes at StJ?

dR3w

« Reply #287 on: July 06, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
Kinda funny:

Norvel Pelle plans to be here at Phila U Rise Academy for a month and a half taking classes B4 going to #stjbb. Video coming

kjd01067

« Reply #288 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
Kinda funny:

Norvel Pelle plans to be here at Phila U Rise Academy for a month and a half taking classes B4 going to #stjbb. Video coming

That seems strange but maybe its not. Anyone (Dave, MCNPA, Moose, Fordham, Mkrass, Peter, etc.) Have any idea on if this ever happens?  I can only assume this might be the reason for some of Novel's tweets

« Reply #289 on: July 06, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
Ought to be a STJ policy about players and the social media.

Cant cuss in public. Why allow it on the tweet?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #290 on: July 06, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »

Pretty sure that once the season starts the players are prohibited from being on twitter/fb

« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »

Pretty sure that once the season starts the players are prohibited from being on twitter/fb

Im not sure about twitter but the players were on facebook during last season
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:30:24 PM by jumpinjohnny »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #292 on: July 06, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »
Interview with Zags.  Looks like he isnt entirely sure what Philly U is either. 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/06/exclusive-interview-with-st-johns-norvel-pelle/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:35:42 PM by B-Squared »

Moose

« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »

Im not sure about twitter but the players were on facebook during last season

About halfway thru the year they stopped tweeting.  I remember posting an article where Lav was quoted about STJ Twitter policy.

Moose

« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
Kinda funny:

That seems strange but maybe its not. Anyone (Dave, MCNPA, Moose, Fordham, Mkrass, Peter, etc.) Have any idea on if this ever happens?  I can only assume this might be the reason for some of Novel's tweets

I'm not surprised.  It's pretty much same as an online course or as I mentioned with Nuri him 'catching up' on schoolwork.  Its great he's all the way on the east coast.  I'm sure he can come up on weekends maybe to run with the guys.  Odd interview though from Zags.  Especially the 2nd question about specific courseload.  Almost set Pelle up there for an bad sounding answer.

MCNPA

« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
Kinda funny:

I'm not surprised.  It's pretty much same as an online course or as I mentioned with Nuri him 'catching up' on schoolwork.  Its great he's all the way on the east coast.  I'm sure he can come up on weekends maybe to run with the guys.  Odd interview though from Zags.  Especially the 2nd question about specific courseload.  Almost set Pelle up there for an bad sounding answer.

Bottom line is that it is great that our top freshman center is another piece of the puzzle that will be qualified. 

Moose

« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
Kinda funny:

Bottom line is that it is great that our top freshman center is another piece of the puzzle that will be qualified. 

No offense but I'll hold off with the qualifying talk until he still steps foot on campus.

kjd01067

« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »

No offense but I'll hold off with the qualifying talk until he still steps foot on campus.

Yea I am actually worried that he is taking summer courses at another school rather than St. John's.  My worry is the coaching staff is worried that he won't qualify and thus don't want him to enroll at St. John's quite yet and risk his future eligibility with us.

MCNPA

« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2011, 07:37:55 PM »

Yea I am actually worried that he is taking summer courses at another school rather than St. John's.  My worry is the coaching staff is worried that he won't qualify and thus don't want him to enroll at St. John's quite yet and risk his future eligibility with us.

He probably cant enroll until he's qualified.  He's probably missing a grade in a class so he can't take a course at SJU just yet.  It is "expected" that he will be qualified and usually when these kids are making up a class, they make it through.

« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »

He probably cant enroll until he's qualified.  He's probably missing a grade in a class so he can't take a course at SJU just yet.  It is "expected" that he will be qualified and usually when these kids are making up a class, they make it through.

The 6-foot-10 Pelle is taking a six-week program at the Rise Academy here at Philadelphia University and expects to be fully qualified at the end. St. John’s does not offer summer high school classes, thus his presence here.
Fire Mullin.