Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
This sucks..We were small to begin with now we're even smaller..

Looks like our rebirth as a program may get pushed back a few years..hoopefully Lavin continues to recruit well players that can play and also past tests in the future..

« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
How long after the NCAA decision on his eligibility came down do you think it took for Steve Fisher and SDSU to get on the phone and talk to Norvel or his parents.

Unbelievable!!!
And his logic is a little off in the zags article.

Norvel: “We could turn the program,” Pelle said. “Possibly go to the NCAA Tournament and win it. That would be our main goal next year if everything works out and I decide to go there and what not.”

My Repsonse: "I thought Steve Fischer already turned the program around? A 34-2 record plus a sweet 16 confirms it. It’s SJ’s that needs the help to get back to the Sweet 16 and beyond Norvel. So then it would seem SJ’s would be the more desirable choice if you want to go to the tournament and win it. Unlikely you’ll win it all with SDSU – jmtc – just sayin’..."

Norvel just lifting the SJ's selling point and shoe-horning it on SDSU....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:23:50 PM by bball purist »

mkras99

« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
Damn Norvel
blowin' off all tweets except friends...he's closed up on twitter for now.

Nothing wrong with that imho.  Let the kid be.

Moose

« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
How long after the NCAA decision on his eligibility came down do you think it took for Steve Fisher and SDSU to get on the phone and talk to Norvel or his parents.

Unbelievable!!!

From the Rivals article it sounds like Bland was talking the whole time.

Pack up and move on.  Tired of dealing with situations like this.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »

Unbelievable!!!
And his logic is a little off in the zags article.

Norvel: “We could turn the program,” Pelle said. “Possibly go to the NCAA Tournament and win it. That would be our main goal next year if everything works out and I decide to go there and what not.”

My Repsonse: "I thought Steve Fischer already turned the program around? A 34-2 record plus a sweet 16 confirms it. It’s SJ’s that needs the help to get back to the Sweet 16 and beyond Norvel. So then it would seem SJ’s would be the more desirable choice if you want to go to the tournament and win it. Unlikely you’ll win it all with SDSU – jmtc – just sayin’..."

Saw that too.  Goal is to make the NCAA's??? Huh?

« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
Damn Norvel
blowin' off all tweets except friends...he's closed up on twitter for now.

Nothing wrong with that imho.  Let the kid be.
Exactly. I'm not like that. We were talking about boat shoes one day.  I gave support to him with the news and that was it.  No sense going any further.  Just one note - I was assuming other Storm fans gave him some support too - I could have been wrong.

ras

« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »
Dave: I think its time to take him and Sampson off this and put them on the 2012 recruiting site.

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
I have reason to believe that the Rivals story is exaggerated or quite frankly just simply not true.

Stay tuned....

Moose

« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
I have reason to believe that the Rivals story is exaggerated or quite frankly just simply not true.

Stay tuned....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/22/report-st-johns-pelle-to-prep-school/#more-58308

Cherisa Pelle, Norvel Pelle’s sister, says a report that her brother decommitted from St. John’s is inaccurate.

“I’m telling you they’re false,” she told SNY.tv by phone. “It’s inaccurate information. He did not decommit from St. John’s.”

She added: “Yes, he does still want to go to St. John’s.”

ras

« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »

Stay tuned....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/22/report-st-johns-pelle-to-prep-school/#more-58308

Cherisa Pelle, Norvel Pelle’s sister, says a report that her brother decommitted from St. John’s is inaccurate.

“I’m telling you they’re false,” she told SNY.tv by phone. “It’s inaccurate information. He did not decommit from St. John’s.”

If

Stay tuned....

« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
where did the comments about  wanting to turn san diego state come from then? Did somebody just make that up?

« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »
comment from mo harkless... WOW

moe_harkless Maurice Harkless 
Loyalty ? All ya preach it but none of ya livin it

« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »

Stay tuned....

If

Stay tuned....

This would connect with the "turn it around" comment making no sense.  Heck, we need Norvel over here to get to a Sweet 16 and beyond!

« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »
straight from norvelle

damn_Norvel norvel STiX pelle
I didn't decommit frm no where I'm focusing on gettn my grades rite wit the ncaa. More so I'm jus focusing on me and my fam.

ras

« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
That is good news.

« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
Somebody is lying....

Those quotes did seem a tad bit OVER THE TOP Pro San Diego St for a kid who JUST de-committed.  No?

And why would he prep in the east if his intent was to go west???

Moose

« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
Niel Nieves chimes in and if anyone knows Pelle he sure does.

http://bit.ly/n14Ivo

I read some of those quotes from Pelle and I dont know if its true or false, but that sounds nothing like Norvel.

Marillac

« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
If Norvelle is anything it is loyal.  He'll be a Johnny.

MCNPA

« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »
If Norvelle is anything it is loyal.  He'll be a Johnny.

Yeah, but it's Norvel I'm worried about".... ;)

« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
comment from mo harkless... WOW

moe_harkless Maurice Harkless 
Loyalty ? All ya preach it but none of ya livin it

Have I ever told y'all how much I luv Moe Harkless?

Have I?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.