Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

Tiznow

Can't wait to see Lavin on the sidelines with this team.  What a change from February when all seemed bleak and fans from other programs were fueling the rumors.  Let these fans whine the way some of us did (myself included) before Lavin arrived.  We know how frustrating it is to see kids choose other programs.

The best is ahead for St John's and NYC college hoops.

any shurinacooley sightings ?

;D Tixx Please!!!!! :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:31:11 AM by illscalpya4000 »

LoganK

And here I was grumpy this morning for having to be at work at 5 am...what a great way to start my day!  Fantastic news!  Welcome CO!  Go Redmen!

Just got the great news....welcome aboard. We are going to do some serious damage this year!

DFF6

Rothstein recently penned an article that outlines his "5 things" Obekpa's commitment means to SJU. 

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/rothstein-files-5-things-chris-obekpas-commitment-means-to-st-johns/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:57:29 AM by DFF6 »

Moose

Rothstein recently penned an article that outlines his "5 things" Obekpa's commitment means to SJU. 

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/rothstein-files-5-things-chris-obekpas-commitment-means-to-st-johns/

Mint!
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

On the mark article!

Chilleb

My concern with the upcoming season is if the opponent shut down dLO where does the offense come from?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:16:23 PM by Chilleb »

Great news. Long time coming. Welcome Chris.

Gumby

Those two write ups on Chris were very impressive.

Apparently, the layed back approach of Coach in recruiting Chris worked.

It should be a fun and exciting upcoming season.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
I'm told #stjbb commit Chris Obekpa is qualified and does well academically in high school.

:)

Poison

My concern with the upcoming season is if the opponent shut down dLO where does the offense come from?

You don't think Sampson, Sanchez, Balamou and Borgault can score?
I thought Garrett made significant progress offensively. He could make a jump.

Moose

I'm told #stjbb commit Chris Obekpa is qualified and does well academically in high school.

But but but..........
The Cincy fans said otherwise

It's almost time.  One more year of growth amongst a frosh and soph class for both my Johnnies and Terps, and then a red swarm will be unleashed through the Beast and ACC.  The respective staffs are recruiting hard, their message is true to form: "Come and grow with our program and fulfill your potential."

Wait'll we all get to see the additional 2-3 top recruits coming in in 2013 and 2014.  But for now, revel in a terrific leg kick from Lavs at the finish line - most impressive. 

But but but..........
The Cincy fans said otherwise
At least the animosity is ratcheted up a bit with Cincy. The match ups will be intense for years to come.

Chilleb

They can score but none of those guys create for themselves, the bigs did a lot of clean up work and Marco was just a spot up shooter. The answer to the question lies in the facilitator. I'm patiently waiting for the answer.

Moose

They can score but none of those guys create for themselves, the bigs did a lot of clean up work and Marco was just a spot up shooter. The answer to the question lies in the facilitator. I'm patiently waiting for the answer.

I think you meant 'impatiently' :)