Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
Not to be the bearer of bad news once again but there might be issues with both Chris Obekpa and Felix Balamou qualifying. They are looking into it as of now.

Can u be a lil more specific?

MCNPA

This is crazy...

Poison

This is crazy...

University said Obekpa was qualified to play. Unless they are lying, this is BS.

MCNPA

This is crazy...

University said Obekpa was qualified to play. Unless they are lying, this is BS.

Im going to venture a guess that it isn't Bs.  Maybe something the University didn't know about?  I have no idea?  I just know that I'm not liking this.

Poison

This is crazy...

Im going to venture a guess that it isn't Bs.  Maybe something the University didn't know about?  I have no idea?  I just know that I'm not liking this.

Do you think the athletic dept would be this careless again?

paultzman

Hoping this is nothing. That said, was the scramble to recruit Christian Jones tied to this? Front court safety net? Never a dull moment!

PIB

Hoping this is nothing. That said, was the scramble to recruit Christian Jones tied to this? Front court safety net? Never a dull moment!

Snooze: Typical NCAA clearinghouse phuckery... With smaller, private D1 schools that compete on a big time stage, the clearinghouse always works against you, never in a player's favor.

Note: I am a die hard Miami Hurricane football fan. Getting screwed over by the NCAA is what happens to us. I am a die hard St. John's fan. Getting screwed over by the NCAA is what happens to us.

As a Cane and Johnny fan, I can say the NCAA screwed both of my beloved programs in favor of tO$U.

Final four appearance -SJU

National championship -UM (2002)

Bottom line: I loathe the NCAA, have no faith in them, simply do not trust 'em. They have costed my program's success, and for that, I will neevr trust 'em -ever.   

MCNPA

This is crazy...

No, but the NCAA throws curveballs. I truthfully don't know what it's related to.  Obekpa and Balamou were announced and on campus.  Whatever it is, it's safe to say the staff must have been blindsided by it.

Poison

This is crazy...

No, but the NCAA throws curveballs. I truthfully don't know what it's related to.  Obekpa and Balamou were announced and on campus.  Whatever it is, it's safe to say the staff must have been blindsided by it.

Do you think that maybe you're taking a post by a fan incredibly seriously? Has this even been mentioned anywhere else?

MCNPA

This is crazy...

Do you think that maybe you're taking a post by a fan incredibly seriously? Has this even been mentioned anywhere else?

Trust me.  Take it seriously...

sju89tr

Not to be the bearer of bad news once again but there might be issues with both Chris Obekpa and Felix Balamou qualifying. They are looking into it as of now.

FCK! Thought this crap was over

Thought both were already enrolled and in class.   Isn't "qualified" a prerequisite for that?

Not really although you would think that compliance would feel pretty confident that both are going to be cleared to play before starting summer school. 

gman

This is crazy...

I don't think the poster is just a typical fan

Lots of questions, is it something that will be worked out before classes start in late aug/sept? is it going to be like the derwin kitchen situation where they can't enroll here? or a thing that could take the first semester to clear up and they are eligiable in december.

It's the school not the kids per se.

NCAA looking at Our Savior making sure they are in compliance.

MCNPA

:uglystupid2:
It's the school not the kids per se.

NCAA looking at Our Savior making sure they are in compliance.

Thanks Fordham.  Doesn't sound like Defcon 1 here, but hopefully all gets cleared up soon.

Guy's I have posted only twice before and that was about the players in the 2011 class not getting cleared and we all know how that played out. As Fordham said, it has more to do with OSNA but if things don't turn out right, it will affect the players. Hopefully things will all get cleared up soon but I put up the post to keep us in the loop. Unfortunately I can't be too specific about the details due to regulations until someone else or the the news breaks out the story. I will do my best to keep you guys informed about the outcome.

Poison

Guy's I have posted only twice before and that was about the players in the 2011 class not getting cleared and we all know how that played out. As Fordham said, it has more to do with OSNA but if things don't turn out right, it will affect the players. Hopefully things will all get cleared up soon but I put up the post to keep us in the loop. Unfortunately I can't be too specific about the details due to regulations until someone else or the the news breaks out the story. I will do my best to keep you guys informed about the outcome.

By "cleared up" do you mean resolved, or out in the open?

So, what do you think the chances are of him not qualifying if you had to guess?

oh dam!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

crgreen

FCK! Thought this crap was over

Thought both were already enrolled and in class.   Isn't "qualified" a prerequisite for that?

Not really although you would think that compliance would feel pretty confident that both are going to be cleared to play before starting summer school.

I thought scholarships aren't funded unless the kids are qualified.  Are our kids paying cash up front for summe school?