Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
Re: Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American School - Centereach, NY
« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
Zags:

After watching Nerlens Noel & JaKarr Sampson last night, Ed Cooley & the Providence staff will watch Chris Obekpa tonight. #workinghard

Moose

« Reply #321 on: February 21, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »
Zags:

After watching Nerlens Noel & JaKarr Sampson last night, Ed Cooley & the Providence staff will watch Chris Obekpa tonight. #workinghard

Whats with the working hard hashtag?  Is Zags getting paid by Cooley?
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »
Obekpa visiting Cincinnati tomorrow and Thursday, including their game against Louisville Thurs night. 

Hopefully Pitino blows them out on their own court.

Poison

« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Cooley should be working hard on his 3rd win.

« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
Zags:

Whats with the working hard hashtag?  Is Zags getting paid by Cooley?
It's Zags wonderfully impartial reporting of recruiting news.  Of course, he's on twitter cuz he's a twit.

paultzman

« Reply #325 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »
Coach visiting Obekpa?
“@STJCoachLavin: Back out on the recruiting trails tonight. Gotta keep grinding, Johnnies' style. #HammerToRock #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #326 on: February 21, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »
Lavs seeing Whitehead of Lincoln

Tiznow

« Reply #327 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »

May be a good sign that he looking ahead. 

MCNPA

« Reply #328 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »

I'm actually thinking he may be there more for senior 6'8" PF Tafari Whittingham.  Whittingham is a fantastic athlete that's used to playing in the post.  A little bit raw but is a deer on the court and is long and has a great motor.  He fits the profile of guys we are recruiting.  With our desperate need for frontcourt help, a local Lincoln kid like this wouldn't hurt us at all.  He plays C and PF for Lincoln, so he certainly could provide depth at PF. 

« Reply #329 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »

I'm actually thinking he may be there more for senior 6'8" PF Tafari Whittingham.  Whittingham is a fantastic athlete that's used to playing in the post.  A little bit raw but is a deer on the court and is long and has a great motor.  He fits the profile of guys we are recruiting.  With our desperate need for frontcourt help, a local Lincoln kid like this wouldn't hurt us at all.  He plays C and PF for Lincoln, so he certainly could provide depth at PF.

Makes alot of sense actually. Not sure he is a big east player at this point but from what i've seen he seemed to have some game and we definitely need some big bodies. Speaking of former Lincoln big men what's up with Jordan Dickerson. Last I heard he was prepping at IMG but he was 7'0 and supposedly was athletic. Does anyone know whats going on with him & if he could be a target

« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »

Makes alot of sense actually. Not sure he is a big east player at this point but from what i've seen he seemed to have some game and we definitely need some big bodies. Speaking of former Lincoln big men what's up with Jordan Dickerson. Last I heard he was prepping at IMG but he was 7'0 and supposedly was athletic. Does anyone know whats going on with him & if he could be a target

Longshot to qualify. He's not too bright on the court either but yea he's huge.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »

He's not too bright on the court either

Ouch

LJSA

« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:59 AM »

I'm of the school of thought that we only need two talented big men and a guard, so I'm all for a project or two in addition to (fingers crossed) Obekpa, Sampson, and a guard to be named later.

If this guy fits the bill athletically and doesn't mind sitting for a couple of years, sign him up.

« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:48 AM »

It would be good.

pmg911

« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
Who was the last player to finish a playing career with Tiny Morton a Lincoln High School and have any real impact at the Div I level.?

LJSA

« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »
Who was the last player to finish a playing career with Tiny Morton a Lincoln High School and have any real impact at the Div I level.?

Lance is the only one I can remember even playing D-1 straight out of Lincoln, and his impact was minimal. Does Bobby H. want the gig back?

« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
in all fairness, Sebastien Telfair would have had he not gone straight to the NBA.

« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
James Padgett and Vincent Council are playing at Maryland and Providence respectively now.

Council may have had another stop in between Lincoln and Providence.

« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Eugene Lawrence

LJSA

« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
Eugene Lawrence

I think he only did one year at Lincoln.