Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

paultzman

Recruit Scoop- Steve Lavin of St. John's saw Chris Obekpa, a 2012 PF from Our Savior (NY), yesterday. He's recently visited UConn, PC, DePaul & Cincy.

I was just trying to find OSNA's schedule to see if he was the reason Lavin was in New Jersey.

perhaps seeing Sina

Recruit Scoop- Steve Lavin of St. John's saw Chris Obekpa, a 2012 PF from Our Savior (NY), yesterday. He's recently visited UConn, PC, DePaul & Cincy.

I was just trying to find OSNA's schedule to see if he was the reason Lavin was in New Jersey.

perhaps seeing Sina

Typo maybe? He could of meant NY but typed NJ

paultzman

“@TheRecruitScoop: Oregon's Dana Altman, UConn & St. John's are watching 2012 OSNA (NY) PF Chris Obekpa today. This is his final high school game.”

“@TheRecruitScoop: Oregon's Dana Altman, UConn & St. John's are watching 2012 OSNA (NY) PF Chris Obekpa today. This is his final high school game.”

I have a bad feeling about Dana Altman all of a sudden getting involved in this recruiting process.  I don't think the HC would fly cross country to kick the tires on a Long Island product if he didn't think he had a legitimate opportunity to reel him in.

I have a bad feeling about Dana Altman all of a sudden getting involved in this recruiting process.  I don't think the HC would fly cross country to kick the tires on a Long Island product if he didn't think he had a legitimate opportunity to reel him in.
Not suprising really.Tomorrow is the St Paddy's day parade in huntington. He probably wanted to come out for that also and have the school pay for the trip :)

Moose

Not suprising really.Tomorrow is the St Paddy's day parade in huntington. He probably wanted to come out for that also and have the school pay for the trip :)

Nike
Remember who broke the Slice news

perhaps seeing Sina

I would think that getting Branch would rule us out for Sina

paultzman

“@AdamZagoria: Eric Jaklitsch on Chris Obekpa: "Chris hasn't made a decision on what he's going to do." #stjbb Updated story coming”

Poison

“@AdamZagoria: Eric Jaklitsch on Chris Obekpa: "Chris hasn't made a decision on what he's going to do." #stjbb Updated story coming”

What "Updated story coming" mean? If there is no decision, what's the story?

Marillac

Knowing Zags, I'd expect about 4-5 recycled quotes--half or more that weren't even made to him and another that was made by text--and about 200 extra words to say exactly what he said in that tweet.

"Republicans haven't made a decision on who will be their candidate"   Updated Story Coming

WTF does this exchange between Obeka and a fan mean?

Sandy Udobi:
You should come too RT"@christopherewao: " S/O to my bro Felix on committing to St.Johns""

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi they don pay abi lol       (HUH?!)

Sandy Udobi:
Haha no oo...jus saying RT"@christopherewao: @SUdobi they don pay abi lol"

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)

Obekpa chris:

Clearly he's going to Kentucky.

Knowing Zags, I'd expect about 4-5 recycled quotes--half or more that weren't even made to him and another that was made by text--and about 200 extra words to say exactly what he said in that tweet.

You know Zags as well as you know Lenn?  Does he lift stuff from you like Lenn does?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:00:22 PM by fordham96 »

I literally have no idea what that means.

And looking at that exchange, I think that girl that tweeted him is a basketball player headed to our women's team.

Chilleb

Obekpa chris‏@christopherewaoReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u

anybody got a translator

I took it as his heart isnt with st johns and its bad karma to go against your heart. But not im not a translator lol
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

WTF does this exchange between Obeka and a fan mean?

Sandy Udobi:
You should come too RT"@christopherewao: " S/O to my bro Felix on committing to St.Johns""

Obekpa chris:

Sandy Udobi:
Haha no oo...jus saying RT"@christopherewao: @SUdobi they don pay abi lol"

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)

It's Nigerian pidgin English, a derivative of British English but used in western Africa so the British wouldn't understand what the people were saying. I came across it while living in Ghana and always struggled to make heads or tails of it.  Apologies for the less than helpful response.

Sounds like his spirit is telling him not to go to St John's, and we're not paying either him or his spirit.
And that's Karma. ::)

MCNPA

I took it as his heart isnt with st johns and its bad karma to go against your heart. But not im not a translator lol

Hope Lavs knows this...  Not sure if this kid realizes these tweets are public...