Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

Moose

I've personally never used twitter and didn't read Obekpa's post.  Only read it on this site.  But isn't twitter supposed to be public, so that people follow "tweets", subscribe and the whole bit?  This isn't exactly NEWS OF THE WORLD phonehacking scandal or reading someone's private emails.

Teenage boys?  Yiikes.  Just the reference sounds creepy!  But we are not talking about middle schoolers, we're talking about teenagers like Harkless, thinking about cashing in on his NBA contract and Obekpa, a man 3x the size of a normal human being who is a game changer for a DI sports program.

Exactly
Whats the difference between a 'teenage' basketball player vs. a 'teenage' singer or entertainer.  Public figures either way you slice it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Has anybody heard anything credible about Obekpa crossing St. John's off his list?

DFF6

I've personally never used twitter and didn't read Obekpa's post.  Only read it on this site.  But isn't twitter supposed to be public, so that people follow "tweets", subscribe and the whole bit?  This isn't exactly NEWS OF THE WORLD phonehacking scandal or reading someone's private emails.

Teenage boys?  Yiikes.  Just the reference sounds creepy!  But we are not talking about middle schoolers, we're talking about teenagers like Harkless, thinking about cashing in on his NBA contract and Obekpa, a man 3x the size of a normal human being who is a game changer for a DI sports program.

Exactly
Whats the difference between a 'teenage' basketball player vs. a 'teenage' singer or entertainer.  Public figures either way you slice it.

Just to pile on the point, the fact that some posters here follow public twitter accounts of recruits/players and from time to time relay certain tweets onto these boards makes all of us who check the boards for such recruiting updates no different than the posters who follow the twitter accounts.  I, for one, appreciate the twitter updates, for whatever they are worth.

paultzman

Having not commented on "Tweetgate", my opinion is that Chris is struggling with college choice. Hopefully, everything else in his life is going well. Additionally hope he has someone decent to guide him. Teen years are tough.

i heard that he has us as one the top picks but providence is really recruiting him hard especially after the sampson return to st . john's

ras

I agree w Paultzman. I too think he is stuggling w the decision. Making very important decisions is tough at any age,especially at 18 years old. I may be prejudice but I am analytical. I feel UCONN is a great program, but has to many question marks w Calhouns health and sanctions. Although I give Cooley a lot of credit for recruiting, I think SJU is a better choice for him. We have a much better staff w NBA exp. they can really help develop his offensive game. This year w only 6 players, a sick coach.5 FR.,we still had a better season then Providence. We have no center so he can get plenty of PT on a very talented squad and be part of SJU rise to prominence.

Marillac

i heard that he has us as one the top picks but providence is really recruiting him hard especially after the sampson return to st . john's

i'm not worried about Providence.   Cincy scares me, though.

Tiznow

I heard is that Oregon is pursuing him.  He's undecided with lots of choices.

I hope he chooses the local program that is becoming known for getting players to the next level.

paultzman

Agree w Marillac, hearing Cinci. Also, not sure of Obekpa's academic prognosis. Anyone?

pmg911

This ship has sailed

This ship has sailed

Where will it be docking Pmg?

Moose

Cincy picked up a verbal today from JUCO Titus Rubles, a 6'8" F from Blinn JC.
Does that change things with regard to their interest in Opekpa?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:33:28 PM by MarkRedman »

Moose

Maybe they are backing away now too?

From what I hear it would be shocking if he didn't go to Cincinnati
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

ras

Maybe they are backing away now too?
Are we backing away and if so why? There are only 2 reasons I could tkink of backing away ftom him, 1. It looks like he will not qualify or 2, We are in great shape w Chandler.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:17:18 PM by ras »

Dam I love Obekpa game , love players who don't need the ball to affect a basketball game. I wish I would of took my butt to the BX to see Maco & Orlando once I found out they were on our radar.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Moose

Dam I love Obekpa game , love players who don't need the ball to affect a basketball game. I wish I would of took my butt to the BX to see Maco & Orlando once I found out they were on our radar.

Monroe plays tomorrow at 1pm and the game will be streamed on Monroe website.

MCNPA

I don't know where we stand with Chandler or where Chandler stands with the NCAA but I'd take Chandler as a player any day over Obekpa and I really like Obekpa on the defensive end.  He's a tremendous shotblocker. 

Wods317

Saw on Twitter Cincy has landed a commitment from a JUCO PF. Not sure if this puts Obekpa back in play or not but its interesting.