Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
Anyone know if this kid is ready to announce soon or does he still have some more schools to visit after St. John's?

And it is an official considering he goes to school just down the road.

Well than it is premature to say That ship has sailed because in reality it is still at port!

It must have drifted away from the dock
They must have pulled it back to safety.
Good one Moose. Gave me a chuckle, and I needed one after misunderstanding with pmg.

Moose

Well than it is premature to say That ship has sailed because in reality it is still at port!

It must have drifted away from the dock
They must have pulled it back to safety.
Good one Moose. Gave me a chuckle, and I needed one after misunderstanding with pmg.

I think me and you can come up with some good one liners.
Check your PM too.
Remember who broke the Slice news

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Wow I thought he was going to Cinci? May hafta hit up Tao tonight. This would be a huge coup for Lavs and the program if we can land him.

Anyone know if this kid is ready to announce soon or does he still have some more schools to visit after St. John's?

No idea.  But my guess is if he wants to use up another official perhaps Oregon may get one as they entered recently.

sju89tr

No idea.  But my guess is if he wants to use up another official perhaps Oregon may get one as they entered recently.

My gut feeling tells me that we are not going to play around with this, either he makes a decision rather quickly or we go the other route,   

Moose

I know Altman denied it but he was rumored for the Nebraska job.
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

Glad he is coming for an official.  He will get to meet his future teammates and the coach will have his exclusive attention to sell him his vision.

as some one mentioning that JaKarr will be in town which is another positive in building relationships which can influence his decision.

good luck coach!  Enjot the visit Christopher.

Maybe he will feel positive vibes and feel St J's is the right place for him. Spending time with the charismatic coach Lavs and seeing he is exactly what we need might do the trick.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:04:26 PM by Celtics11 »

I know Altman denied it but he was rumored for the Nebraska job.

Yeah he's not going back to Nebraska.  He just took over at Oregon, is making progress.  Phil Knight backing him.  I would believe him.  I think they are targeting John Groce of Ohio.

paultzman

CSU coach thought to be lead candidate, according to several reports

LJSA

So much for those posts that This ship has sailed. Appreciate and look forward to info provided from those "in the know" but it is what I truly believed all along-the only person truly in the know is coach Lavin himself.

High school boys are a lot like high school girls. They change their mind a lot.

That's why as of last month I stopped dating high school girls.

So much for those posts that This ship has sailed. Appreciate and look forward to info provided from those "in the know" but it is what I truly believed all along-the only person truly in the know is coach Lavin himself.

High school boys are a lot like high school girls. They change their mind a lot.

That's why as of last month I stopped dating high school girls.

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Tiznow

He wants to wait till April for the decision.  A visit at this point is a great advantage for the johnnies.  His buddy Felix came away from his visit with no doubts about his choice.  I hope this is his final visit.

My guess is that he will be in the starting line up by December.  I think Lavin views him as a key guy.

He wants to wait till April for the decision.  A visit at this point is a great advantage for the johnnies.  His buddy Felix came away from his visit with no doubts about his choice.  I hope this is his final visit.

My guess is that he will be in the starting line up by December.  I think Lavin views him as a key guy.

IMHO its us and Cincy. He is not going to put his raw talents in the hands of Ed Cooley to develop.

Poison

Few cities are more disgusting than Cincinnati. Make the obvious choice Chris. Lock it up this weekend. It might not be here in a week.

Few cities are more disgusting than Cincinnati. Make the obvious choice Chris. Lock it up this weekend. It might not be here in a week.
Thought it was the Queen City. Home of the Cincinnati Kid-Steve McQueen, and the Big Red Machine, and WKRP in Cincinnati. Why the hate?

Poison

Celtics, if you've been there, you'd know. It's a typical midwestern city. A dump.

Celtics, if you've been there, you'd know. It's a typical midwestern city. A dump.
Actually went to a Reds game while a law student at U of Dayton but didn't get to see the city. Was a fan of WKRP in Cincy though. I'll take your word for it and agree we would be a much better destination for Mr. O anyway.