Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

uwsfan

He wants to wait till April for the decision.  A visit at this point is a great advantage for the johnnies.  His buddy Felix came away from his visit with no doubts about his choice.  I hope this is his final visit.

My guess is that he will be in the starting line up by December.  I think Lavin views him as a key guy.

Few cities are more disgusting than Cincinnati. Make the obvious choice Chris. Lock it up this weekend. It might not be here in a week.

Very true. Personally im not sure i wouldnt rather have Chandler. He is taller and more advanced offensively at this point

paultzman

Article notes some possible news next week for Monroe guys.

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/

Chilleb

He wants to wait till April for the decision.  A visit at this point is a great advantage for the johnnies.  His buddy Felix came away from his visit with no doubts about his choice.  I hope this is his final visit.

My guess is that he will be in the starting line up by December.  I think Lavin views him as a key guy.

Few cities are more disgusting than Cincinnati. Make the obvious choice Chris. Lock it up this weekend. It might not be here in a week.

Very true. Personally im not sure i wouldnt rather have Chandler. He is taller and more advanced offensively at this point
Both?

I would take both, cannot ever have enough bigs that can play and why worry about schollie situation in future as things tend to shake out do to PT and other factors. Besides one seems to be an offensive player the other a D player so would complement each other and GG could be a backup PF to Jak.

Both?

I agree with both! They play different styles and this team needs both of those styles to be successful. Plus I don't hear too much talk about us being involved with other Centers in future classes.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

uwsfan

Both?

I agree with both! They play different styles and this team needs both of those styles to be successful. Plus I don't hear too much talk about us being involved with other Centers in future classes.

Not gonna get both of these guys. They are in the same class and play same position.
Whoever signs first is who we will have. The other will go elsewhere

kjd01067

Not gonna get both of these guys. They are in the same class and play same position.

I agree with you.  However, many would have said the same thing last year about the possibility of signing 3 SF's: Harkless, Pointer, and Garrett.

Poison

The goal should most certainly be to get both. With one, you're one injury away from being pathetic in the frontcourt like we were this year. SU took Melo and Keita in the same year. What's the big deal?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:56:42 PM by Poison »

I agree, that going after both should be no problem, especially in our case where our size is our most glaring weakness.  In today's college game, with the appropriate size, a center can be a pf and a pf can be a center.  I think in most cases kids dictate choices on who is coming in, and who is on roster when making choices.  Coaches job is to bring in the best talent available even if both are listed at the same position when being recruited.  Just mo but I think whoever chooses us the other might walk and that will not be because of coaching staff.

Chilleb

The goal should most certainly be to get both. With one, you're one injury away from being pathetic in the frontcourt like we were this year. SU took Melo and Keita in the same year. What's the big deal?
Then took Christmas the next, depth is essential

desco80

And Dajuan Coleman coming in next year.   Practically a top 5 center every season for 'Cuse. 

Moose

And Dajuan Coleman coming in next year.   Practically a top 5 center every season for 'Cuse. 

Still chasing Noel too.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

Who was the last recruit to commit to us on their visit?

Moose

Who was the last recruit to commit to us on their visit?

I think Branch was within a week of his visit, not sure if it was exactly on the visit.
Phil Greene last year committed on his visit after a game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Although a transfer, Branch if I am not mistaken committed right after visit.

crgreen

Both?

FYI,  Steve got 6'11 Dan Gadzuric and 6'11 Jerome Moiso in the same class in 1998, and got 6'11 top 100 center Mike Fey and 7'0 Ryan Hollins (just joined the Celts) in the same class in 2002.

Lavin is a very rare recruiter.  A lot of the  logic you have to apply to most coaches just don't apply.

paultzman

Believe former Johnny, Ron Stuart, coached Moiso in France. Johnnies had modest hopes of getting him.

crgreen

Believe former Johnny, Ron Stuart, coached Moiso in France. Johnnies had modest hopes of getting him.

Count yourselves Lucky.  Jerome may have singlehandedly cost Pitino millions of dollars (Rick with the Celts made Jerome a lotto pick).  Ton of talent absolute ZERO drive to succeed.  Like there wasn't a competitive bone in his body.  Lav's couldn't motivate him.  Pitino couldn't motivate him.   Paul Silas gave up on him and dropped him from the league.

Both?

FYI,  Steve got 6'11 Dan Gadzuric and 6'11 Jerome Moiso in the same class in 1998, and got 6'11 top 100 center Mike Fey and 7'0 Ryan Hollins (just joined the Celts) in the same class in 2002.

Lavin is a very rare recruiter.  A lot of the  logic you have to apply to most coaches just don't apply.

i cant wait for the years that we get skilled players taller than 6'10. i cant even remember the last time we've had players like that.

Although a transfer, Branch if I am not mistaken committed right after visit.

During.
He wudn't gonna be allowed to get on the plane witout one. Tony had the ticket.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.