Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
How about that the kid has not made up his mind and is not 100% sure about where he wants to go. If he was just going thru the motions to visit another school why would a kid from Africa want to visit the state of Oregon? Pick a more touristy area to visit a school.

Moose

Visiting Oregon April 22

Pushed back?

Yeah.  Odd choice though: Sunday, Monday Tuesday visit?  My guess is OSNA might be on their spring break then.

My optimism in Obekpa is low.  We have his teammate.  He changed his mind and asked to visit and we impressed him, no doubt.  And he still wants to go visit Oregon.  I don't know but I'm not feeling it.

Well the same could be said for Cincy, no?  Why would he visit Oregon if he has already decided on Cincy let alone SJU?

I think he is probably a slight Cincy lean right now but either way I am pretty sure the Oregon visit is nothing more then window dressing.

Yeah but I wouldnt feel as nervous if I was Cincy since he was leaning there to begin with.  Yea they could lose him too which would suck but it makes me think that we are 'really' far behind.  Who knows they.  If we learn anything from these sites and recruitment but its expect the unexpected.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

How about that the kid has not made up his mind and is not 100% sure about where he wants to go. If he was just going thru the motions to visit another school why would a kid from Africa want to visit the state of Oregon? Pick a more touristy area to visit a school.

Oregon puts on a hell of a show when visiting courtesy of its most famous alum.

Good point. Just think a lot of these kids have a hard time making a final decision and are not on the same time table as us ansi fans.

Moose

Good point. Just think a lot of these kids have a hard time making a final decision and are not on the same time table as us ansi fans.

If he wasn't visiting Oregon I would agree.  He would be torn between STJ and Cincy.

We have his HS teammate and roommate.  We put on our own show with Karr here during his visit, 40/40 club and all.  Plus immediate PT.  Can't do much more.

paultzman

Oregon is protecting itself re: Obekpa and I believe is in the Andrew Young hunt. All in all, as noted by other posters, Cinci in the lead, be it ever so slight and subject to change. The recruiting winds have little predictability.

Chilleb

Here at the championship game oft he NYC wheelchair classic. Chris O just got his game uniform. Omar Calhoun , Jordan Washington and a few others on hand tonight. Should be a dandy

MCNPA

If he wasn't visiting Oregon I would agree.  He would be torn between STJ and Cincy.

We have his HS teammate and roommate.  We put on our own show with Karr here during his visit, 40/40 club and all.  Plus immediate PT.  Can't do much more.

Agree with Moose.  If he's not compelled to choose SJU with those factors, then it wasn't meant to be. 

Chilleb

I got one of my kids on the job playing in the All star game with Chris O. He's gonna pop the question on him and let me know what he says. Lol

paultzman

I got one of my kids on the job playing in the All star game with Chris O. He's gonna pop the question on him and let me know what he says. Lol

Chill on the case!!!

Chilleb

Chill on the case!!!
I'm just hoping its not an answer we all don't wanna hear. They all just went into the locker room to get dressed so whatever the answer is I won't know till the end of the game

Chilleb

If anybody is near the Jamaica queens area this is gonna be a great game to check out should start around 845 9 o clock 

Chilleb

And he disappeared ?!??

And he disappeared ?!??

Somebody tipped him off that he was getting stalked online.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:08:40 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!

Chilleb

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!
Mind boggling one second hes on the layup line the next he's not around for the tip-off announcements

Moose

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!
Mind boggling one second hes on the layup line the next he's not around for the tip-off announcements

What the hell?

Chilleb

And he disappeared ?!??

Somebody tipped him off that he was getting stalked online.  ;)

Chilleb

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!

What the hell?
Ditto bro

Maybe he went to take a dump?