Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

paultzman

Don't sweat it guys, the post is correct. The queens site official had prematurely gave obekpa a uniform without discussing it with the event administration. It was the Brooklyn coach who brought it to thier attention and was complaining about obekpa being allowed to play. So instead of brooklyn losing by 40 they lost by 20.

Chilleb, Did you see Galan's game.

Chilleb

Don't sweat it guys, the post is correct. The queens site official had prematurely gave obekpa a uniform without discussing it with the event administration. It was the Brooklyn coach who brought it to thier attention and was complaining about obekpa being allowed to play. So instead of brooklyn losing by 40 they lost by 20.

Chilleb, Did you see Galan's game.
Just the one from the other night when they lost to Brooklyn and okoro had a good game. He looked good think he had 1 t.o all game.

There is all star games.

And then there is the Wheelchair Classic.

The Wheelchair Classic is sacred.

Glad they made that call on Chris O. Cause nobody gets to play 'til they visit Goldwater. You dont walk out the same person. You just dont.

God bless Hank Carter, a man I have and will always look up to.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

There is all star games.

And then there is the Wheelchair Classic.

The Wheelchair Classic is sacred.

Glad they made that call on Chris O. Cause nobody gets to play 'til they visit Goldwater. You dont walk out the same person. You just dont.

God bless Hank Carter, a man I have and will always look up to.

+100 Hank is one in a million!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:40:56 AM by paultzman »

I just read Calhoun is from Brooklyn we were robbed at the wheel chair classic
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Tiznow

The trip to Oregon was planned before his visit to SJU.  Does he and his handler have an obligation to go through with it?  Would they want to insult the big guy out there?  If Obekpa was swayed towards the redmen I doubt the 3000 mile trip to Oregon will impact him.  Oregon has to overcome the distance factor and climb over two or three other schools.

He was qouted as being very impressed with DePaul and most hoop recruiting writers are projecting Cincy.  Obekpa and his handler were pretty quiet about SJU and about the recent visit.  Maybe they are acting like the poker player holding a full deck - why show your cards and ruin the suspense.  Probably wishful thinking on my part.  I'm guessing that Lavin was able to show Obekpa how well he fits into this team in terms of playing ball and off the court as well.     

If he is still undecided, at least he's spending a lot of his recent time in the area.  That factor helps.

Where do you want him to spend time?  He's still in school

Moose, never said he has a choice about it.  Just stating it helps.   Johnny players playing ball with him after school?

Moose

The trip to Oregon was planned before his visit to SJU.  Does he and his handler have an obligation to go through with it?  Would they want to insult the big guy out there?  If Obekpa was swayed towards the redmen I doubt the 3000 mile trip to Oregon will impact him.  Oregon has to overcome the distance factor and climb over two or three other schools.

He was qouted as being very impressed with DePaul and most hoop recruiting writers are projecting Cincy.  Obekpa and his handler were pretty quiet about SJU and about the recent visit.  Maybe they are acting like the poker player holding a full deck - why show your cards and ruin the suspense.  Probably wishful thinking on my part.  I'm guessing that Lavin was able to show Obekpa how well he fits into this team in terms of playing ball and off the court as well.     

If he is still undecided, at least he's spending a lot of his recent time in the area.  That factor helps.

Where do you want him to spend time?  He's still in school

Moose, never said he has a choice about it.  Just stating it helps.   Johnny players playing ball with him after school?

I'm still not following honestly.  He's still in HS.  I mean he can't go many places outside of weekends.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tiznow

If he was in a high school relatively close to the UC campus it would give them an edge.  If I was a bearcat fan waiting for the decision I would not be too comfortable knowing he's in highschool in SJU territory with SJU competing for him. 

Moose

If he was in a high school relatively close to the UC campus it would give them an edge.  If I was a bearcat fan waiting for the decision I would not be too comfortable knowing he's in highschool in SJU territory with SJU competing for him. 

Ah gotcha

Poison

Exactly. He's in our backyard. Long Island is suburb of NYC. Then again, every other pissant city in this country is a suburb as well.

Chilleb

heres some recent obekpa news courtesy of Shane rector

http://youtu.be/TrQfJL7KRes

paultzman

Obekpa going to Vegas this weekend. Is there a tourney there or something else?

Moose

Thought so but at this point isn't he past the age limits?

paultzman

Don't know. Don't want to start conspiracy discussion but he tweeted;

“@christopherewao: Vegas for d weekend... Major moves...”

mkras99

Maybe he's visiting UNLV instead of Oregon?

Happy

Lots going on in Vegas.. Adidas and Dino's are putting on a tourney this weekend.

paultzman

Maybe he's visiting UNLV instead of Oregon?

Have not seen UNLV listed with him, but who knows? This kid's recruitment has been very under the radar IMO.

Lots going on in Vegas.. Adidas and Dino's are putting on a tourney this weekend.

I believe you are correct.  I think he is going to Trigonis' Tourney.

BTW-This is probably the reason the Oregon visit is not over the weekend but Monday thru Wednesday.

paultzman

“@ebosshoops: New Heights is spanking the Louisville Magic right now. Mick Cronin on hand watching Obekpa.”

In Vegas