Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

Chilleb

Would the rule of too many Allstar games play a factor?

paultzman

Maybe he went to take a dump?

Do your job Chill!

Happy

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!
Mind boggling one second hes on the layup line the next he's not around for the tip-off announcements

How does a 6'9 kid just disappear ?   :)

Chilleb

That would have to be a legendary dump cuz its already the second quarter

Chilleb

And he disappeared ?!??

You're fired Chill!
Mind boggling one second hes on the layup line the next he's not around for the tip-off announcements

Me and a couple kids I'm with are baffled. I'm telling you I checked a few texts before I knew it number 11 in green was gone

Happy

That would have to be a legendary dump cuz its already the second quarter

This thread can go in so many directions after the dump post lol

Chilleb

Breaking news my player just spotted him he's back in the crowd . I'll find out more after the game on the reason from my other player who actually played on the team.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:27:55 PM by Chilleb »

Breaking news my player just spotted him he's back in the crowd . I'll find out more after the game on the reason from my other player who actually played on the team.

Dont lose him this time

paultzman

Chill, before you are arrested, I believe you should leave the gym. Ha!

paultzman

Just got a text that Obekpa is in China. chill has been stalking a tall security guard.

And he disappeared ?!??

St Johns had their fair share of 6'9 guys disappear

You're fired Chill!

Chilleb

Chill, before you are arrested, I believe you should leave the gym. Ha!
It sounds like pandemonium through the posts but I'm as cool as a cucumber just taking in the action. If anybody was here and just witnessed this disappearing act I'm sure I would have been reading about it as well

Chilleb

The stalking term is getting a little out of hand. Not my style to fire back, I'm here to discuss stj hoops lets chill out with the extra notions.

Tiznow

The trip to Oregon was planned before his visit to SJU.  Does he and his handler have an obligation to go through with it?  Would they want to insult the big guy out there?  If Obekpa was swayed towards the redmen I doubt the 3000 mile trip to Oregon will impact him.  Oregon has to overcome the distance factor and climb over two or three other schools.

He was qouted as being very impressed with DePaul and most hoop recruiting writers are projecting Cincy.  Obekpa and his handler were pretty quiet about SJU and about the recent visit.  Maybe they are acting like the poker player holding a full deck - why show your cards and ruin the suspense.  Probably wishful thinking on my part.  I'm guessing that Lavin was able to show Obekpa how well he fits into this team in terms of playing ball and off the court as well.     

If he is still undecided, at least he's spending a lot of his recent time in the area.  That factor helps.

Moose

The trip to Oregon was planned before his visit to SJU.  Does he and his handler have an obligation to go through with it?  Would they want to insult the big guy out there?  If Obekpa was swayed towards the redmen I doubt the 3000 mile trip to Oregon will impact him.  Oregon has to overcome the distance factor and climb over two or three other schools.

He was qouted as being very impressed with DePaul and most hoop recruiting writers are projecting Cincy.  Obekpa and his handler were pretty quiet about SJU and about the recent visit.  Maybe they are acting like the poker player holding a full deck - why show your cards and ruin the suspense.  Probably wishful thinking on my part.  I'm guessing that Lavin was able to show Obekpa how well he fits into this team in terms of playing ball and off the court as well.     

If he is still undecided, at least he's spending a lot of his recent time in the area.  That factor helps.

Where do you want him to spend time?  He's still in school
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Where do you want him to spend time?  He's still in school

+1

paultzman

Obekpa, according to the Post, was held out of Wheelchair tourney last night because he failed to visit Roosevelt Island Hospital as required. He apparently visited facility closer to school in Suffolk County.

The stalking term is getting a little out of hand. Not my style to fire back, I'm here to discuss stj hoops lets chill out with the extra notions.
  No offense intended.  Definitely appreciate the info you provide.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

No offense intended.  Definitely appreciate the info you provide.

Ditto ChilleB. Sorry my sense of humor was over the top man!

Chilleb

Don't sweat it guys, the post is correct. The queens site official had prematurely gave obekpa a uniform without discussing it with the event administration. It was the Brooklyn coach who brought it to thier attention and was complaining about obekpa being allowed to play. So instead of brooklyn losing by 40 they lost by 20.