Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

Chilleb

Again, if Bennett goes to Oregon, don't see it as an option for Chris.

Guess Oregon out for Bennett.

“@AdamZagoria: .@findlayprep F Anthony Bennett is leaning "90 percent" toward UNLV over Oregon, source tells @SNYtv”
unlv has the two prospects i loved to watch most this year if they get bennett. katin reinhardt is a stud. runnin rebels to the next level if they can pull this off

paultzman

“@AdamZagoria: .@findlayprep F Anthony Bennett is leaning "90 percent" toward UNLV over Oregon, source tells @SNYtv”
unlv has the two prospects i loved to watch most this year if they get bennett. katin reinhardt is a stud. runnin rebels to the next level if they can pull this off

Add in Birch transfer and they would be solid. Rice doing a great job!

Reinhardt is really good.

Chilleb

thats if bennet isnt one and done, hes shocked me already thus far and showed me a lot of character on his part by dismissing all the high level programs regardless of prestige or status and focused in on sincerely finding the proper fit for him.

MCNPA

Reinhardt and Bennett are real studs.  Birch is overrated IMO, but can certainly be serviceable.  UNLV building a real power out there for sure. 

Marillac

thats if bennet isnt one and done, hes shocked me already thus far and showed me a lot of character on his part by dismissing all the high level programs regardless of prestige or status and focused in on sincerely finding the proper fit for him.

He's 6'7, though.  I wouldn't touch him if I was an NBA GM in the first round unless he proves he can play some SF. I doubt he makes the jump after a year, because he'll have a tough time getting stats with the talent at UNLV. 

UNLV is going to be filthy next year.  They are a legit Final Four contender now that the former UCLA transfer, Mike Moser, who averaged 14 points and 10.5 boards, announced he'll return for his junior year.  They'll have a front court of Moser-Bennet-Birch (eligible mid-December), the former 6'9 Kansas transfer, Quintrell Thomas, AND a 6'11 rising junior, Lopez,  that played double-digt minutes for them.  They also get a big-time scorer eligible from his USC transfer, Bryce Jones, and return two rising senior guards that played over 25 mpg.  Oh yeah, then there is Katin Reinhart as well. 

UNLV and San Diego State are showing how important the transfer game can be these days.  I'm glad Lavin has shown he wants in with the involvement with Branch, Momo, and Turner. 

Wow, that is quite a lineup.

paultzman

Guess Chris getting close. Sorry to those who held out hope!

“@christopherewao: Oregon,providence,depaul and cincinatti... Who should get the commit...”

Guess Chris getting close. Sorry to those who held out hope!

“@christopherewao: Oregon,providence,depaul and cincinatti... Who should get the commit...”

Well, at least we can stop hoping.

Chilleb

Go to Oregon I don't wanna play him

MCNPA

I'm only holding hope for Chandler...

Poison

Oregon, Cincinnati, Depaul and Providence.

He doesn't ask for much.

He doesn't ask for much.

Interesting.  Are we over-rating this kid?

He doesn't ask for much.

yes. huge offensive liability.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:52:38 PM by jumpinjohnny »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

Disagree we are not overrating him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Yanking the chain? Come on Chris, pick a school. the world won't end for us!

“@christopherewao: What bout st johns nd UCONN... What u think bout them... Good looks too”

Chilleb

He doesn't ask for much.

No just under-paying

Happy

He doesn't ask for much.

Liability??  C'mon you act like you haven't seen some of the offensive center gems that Norm brought in.  I'm certain we are out of the running for him.. But how much would he need to score anyway?

He doesn't ask for much.

Liability??  C'mon you act like you haven't seen some of the offensive center gems that Norm brought in.  I'm certain we are out of the running for him.. But how much would he need to score anyway?

Happy you seem to know the NYC high school hoops scene well and I respect your opinion.  Maybe you have seen him more times than I have. Ive seen 4 or 5 full games of him on the web. He struggles to catch the ball let alone score. He doesnt have any touch and he looks lost. Im not saying he doesnt have potential. He can obviously block shots real well. I just think he is overrated, both by us and by scouting services.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

He doesn't ask for much.

Happy you seem to know the NYC high school hoops scene well and I respect your opinion.  Maybe you have seen him more times than I have. Ive seen 4 or 5 full games of him on the web. He struggles to catch the ball let alone score. He doesnt have any touch and he looks lost. Im not saying he doesnt have potential. He can obviously block shots real well. I just think he is overrated, both by us and by scouting services.

You don't need more than 2-3 baskets a game from him.  That's not asking a lot in terms of put backs.  Look at Dieng from Lville last year.  Same player path I can see Obekpa taking.  You are signing up for his defense, not looking for a 10ppg player freshman year.
Remember who broke the Slice news