Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1340 on: April 05, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
Just thinking that if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done it's gonna take several miracles to field a team for 2014.  No more Norm Roberts to blame for that.
Gee you're smart.  My point which you don't understand is that Sheed has been mentioned as a one and done talent.  Having seen him I wouldn't be shocked.  It's just that if he left along with Sampson, Obekpa, GG, Marco, DLo the cupboard gets pretty bare.  Now if we had signed Lawrence we would have had at least one front court starter for 2014. At the moment there's noone. One and dones are nice but they leave so fast.....

Huh?  ???

Exactly.

Only someone who INTENTIONALLY ROOTS FOR BAD THINGS FOR SJU comes up with this type of post.

Think about it.  First he assumes that Jordan is here and is a 1 and done.  Then he assumes that Sampson and Harrison are gone after next year.  Then he assumes that Lavin cannot recruit anyone to replace them without a "miracle."

Then he assumes we will blame Norm Roberts.

Mind you none of these things are anywhere near happening or about to happen.

But he goes from one assumption to another assumption to another assumption to come to a NEGATIVE conclusion.

So a reasonable person does not come up with a post like this.  Someone who has an agenda comes up with a post like this.

« Reply #1341 on: April 05, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »
It fascinates me how people in this forum now consider McD AA's to be like receiving a participation medal. Really? No...really? For every guy you can name that wasn't a McD AA yet still played like one, I'm sure I can dig up a list and show you tons of lottery picks and future NBA superstars. Those are not top 50. Those are the cream of the crop. The honor roll of the honor roll. That's why it's a big deal when a player gets that distinction. I would try my luck with an all american EVERY time over trying to make Lavin find a diamond in the rough.

Jordan's choice will be interesting. I still feel like UCLA isn't out of it because recruits do not always make smart or logical choices. Temple is going to be in a bad conference with Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina, SMU, UCF, etc. yet he shows lots of hometown loyalty. With him coming here, we become stacked if Harrison comes back. I'm sure Lavin is also telling him we need scoring in the worst way and he can fill a large void. I'd love to see him take Greene's place and make the shots Greene almost always misses.

McD AA's Include: LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Tyler Hansborough, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Amare Stoudamire, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Shaq, Chris Mullin, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson, Dominique Wilkins, Doc Rivers, etc.

...but yeah, McDonald's All Americans suck! Who needs a Michael Jordan? Not us...that's for sure!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:05:32 PM by RedStormyNight »

« Reply #1342 on: April 05, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
It fascinates me how people in this forum now consider McD AA's to be like receiving a participation medal. Really? No...really? For every guy you can name that wasn't a McD AA yet still played like one, I'm sure I can dig up a list and show you tons of lottery picks and future NBA superstars. Those are not top 50. Those are the cream of the crop. The honor roll of the honor roll. That's why it's a big deal when a player gets that distinction. I would try my luck with an all american EVERY time over trying to make Lavin find a diamond in the rough.

Jordan's choice will be interesting. I still feel like UCLA isn't out of it because recruits do not always make smart or logical choices. Temple is going to be in a bad conference with Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina, SMU, UCF, etc. yet he shows lots of hometown loyalty. With him coming here, we become stacked if Harrison comes back. I'm sure Lavin is also telling him we need scoring in the worst way and he can fill a large void. I'd love to see him take Greene's place and make the shots Greene almost always misses.

So why are you so big on Severe then?  Is there something special about him that makes him the exception to your rankings requirement?

« Reply #1343 on: April 05, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »

So why are you so big on Severe then?  Is there something special about him that makes him the exception to your rankings requirement?

Because he has been noted to have 1 extremely good skill: shooting. Shooting, shooting, and more shooting. That's what we need. Obviously I will take Jordan over him but Severe is a nice backup.

paultzman

« Reply #1344 on: April 05, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
"Sources close to St. John’s indicate they are confident of landing the 6-foot-4 Philly Vaux Roberts guard, who is also considering Temple and UCLA."

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan pushes up announcement date to next Thursday http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed-jordan-to-announce-thursday/

« Reply #1345 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
"Sources close to St. John’s indicate they are confident of landing the 6-foot-4 Philly Vaux Roberts guard, who is also considering Temple and UCLA."

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan pushes up announcement date to next Thursday http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed-jordan-to-announce-thursday/

Atlanta chatter...

mkras99

« Reply #1346 on: April 05, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

He's going to Temple or UCLA [*trying to reverse the Zags jinx*]

paultzman

« Reply #1347 on: April 05, 2013, 02:50:47 PM »

He's going to Temple or UCLA [*trying to reverse the Zags jinx*]

Excellent strategy Mike. "Reverse Doom"

« Reply #1348 on: April 05, 2013, 03:10:54 PM »
"Sources close to St. John's confident"

Being confident of something doesn't mean it will happen or is likely to happen. No newsflash here, just saying we are still players essentially. What school would say "no, we are not confident in our chances"?

« Reply #1349 on: April 05, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

First time I've heard we were leading...

this would be amazing news.

« Reply #1350 on: April 05, 2013, 03:14:20 PM »
Just thinking that if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done it's gonna take several miracles to field a team for 2014.  No more Norm Roberts to blame for that.

This is a joke, right?

gman

« Reply #1351 on: April 05, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

Being confident of something doesn't mean it will happen or is likely to happen. No newsflash here, just saying we are still players essentially. What school would say "no, we are not confident in our chances"?

Joe shouldn't you be at the gym working on your guns for beach season?

« Reply #1352 on: April 05, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
Adding this guy would work wonders for morale

Moose

« Reply #1353 on: April 05, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

Who's morale?
Fans?
Phil Greene?
Felix and Marco?
Remember who broke the Slice news

mkras99

« Reply #1354 on: April 05, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »

Joe shouldn't you be at the gym working on your guns for beach season?

It's this old man's/boy's club that picks on Joe that is ruining this board.  Can't you just respond to his post without ganging up on him?* 

Sarcasm 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:21:21 PM by mkras99 »

« Reply #1355 on: April 05, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »

Who's morale?
Fans?
Phil Greene?
Felix and Marco?

The fans of course. I expect Felix and Marco gone

Moose

« Reply #1356 on: April 05, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Who's morale?
Fans?
Phil Greene?
Felix and Marco?

The fans of course. I expect Felix and Marco gone

How many more defections you expect?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1357 on: April 05, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
Just those 2. No pt especially with Jordan on board. I'm hoping Jones returns

« Reply #1358 on: April 05, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
I thought someone was actually calling out the gezer club. I had a feeling it was sarcasm though, good one! Someone was almost not a douche!

Are you guys 17 or 40+ married with children? Can't tell.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:43:26 PM by RedStormyNight »

« Reply #1359 on: April 05, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »
Not sure if Greg knows anything, but he's given his prediction.

@GregLogan1 8h
Predicting Philadelphia PG Rysheed Jordan signs with St. John's next week. Steve Lavin is great closer. #stjbb

Good predictor I am told. Ha

You telling us someone has whispered something to you or was that sarcasm?

Not being sarcastic or otherwise, but fwiw it is second time I have heard this in last two days. That said, with this kid, who knows!

Thanks for the response paultzman.  I wasn't intended to be negative in tone.  Was just interested.  Thanks for your input.  Hope your sources are right.