Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

boo3

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1380 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
 I may be wrong, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what Choz is trying to say.

Nothing wrong with transferring if its of mutual benefit.

I think what he's referring to is how we as fans just sit here and casually say, get the kid out of here, or he should transfer after one season.  If the kid wants too fine.  You guys cry about lack of stability out of one side of your mouth and then when a kid doesn't prove he belongs after a short stint, you want him out of the program for good.

David Cain would have been kicked to the curb by todays fanbase in a heartbeat.  It's ok for a kid to be a role player or bench player for 4 years if the kid wants to be here.  He earned the scholly.

RedVet

« Reply #1381 on: April 05, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
If Jordan comes is he going to replace Branch or Greene do you think? I would imagine Greene so we can have Branch, Harrison, Sampson, Jordan, and Sanchez. Greene off the bench would help limit his shots and maybe let him heal up a bit.

If Greene doesn't heal up by next October, they should send him to Lourdes.

And while he's there, he should have his eyesight improved.

LJSA

« Reply #1382 on: April 05, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »
If I were a star basketball player, I would have my entourage spreading misinformation everywhere so that my choice came as a shock to the experts.

I'm not going to believe he's ours until Lavin has an LOI in hand.

« Reply #1383 on: April 05, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what Choz is trying to say.

I think what he's referring to is how we as fans just sit here and casually say, get the kid out of here, or he should transfer after one season.  If the kid wants too fine.  You guys cry about lack of stability out of one side of your mouth and then when a kid doesn't prove he belongs after a short stint, you want him out of the program for good.

David Cain would have been kicked to the curb by todays fanbase in a heartbeat.  It's ok for a kid to be a role player or bench player for 4 years if the kid wants to be here.  He earned the scholly.

Boo once again comes thru wit the wisdom.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #1384 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:50 PM »

?
Agree with boo and Choz here.  It's not game of thrones.  These are kids.  I loved having Amir here.  Great kid.  Great representative of the school.  Hate to lose him.  He's already a pro athlete.  Wish these kids the absolute best.  They are just kids with hard decisions to make.  Lord knows I had to make them too.

Tiznow

« Reply #1385 on: April 06, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »

A couple of the idiots on this board would be whining about a young Mark Jackson missing too many shots.  The same guy drooling over Jordan will be crying next season if Jordan fails to live up to his highlight clips.

« Reply #1386 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

?
Agree with boo and Choz here.  It's not game of thrones.  These are kids.  I loved having Amir here.  Great kid.  Great representative of the school.  Hate to lose him.  He's already a pro athlete.  Wish these kids the absolute best.  They are just kids with hard decisions to make.  Lord knows I had to make them too.

Just look at it as a business decision. They are not here to be your best buds, they are here to play well and help us win. Makes it a lot easier that way IMO. There are millions of "nice guys". I want great basketball players who can shoot. He didn't fit that. Good luck to him and in Lavin we trust...get Jordan!

« Reply #1387 on: April 06, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »

Just look at it as a business decision. They are not here to be your best buds, they are here to play well and help us win. Makes it a lot easier that way IMO. There are millions of "nice guys". I want great basketball players who can shoot. He didn't fit that. Good luck to him and in Lavin we trust...get Jordan!

Great point, Joe.  You are obviously destined for success in the professional world.

We don't need marginal players.  We need 13 superstars---as we shorten the rotation to 8 men.

« Reply #1388 on: April 06, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

?

Isn't Jordan's shooting ability one of his weaknesses?

« Reply #1389 on: April 06, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »
Rather than transfer, offer redshirt to Felix, Marco, Christian. They would have to sit a year for transferring anyway. Then they come back in 2014 after Sanchez, Jakarr and maybe Obekpa leave.

Don't know why so many on this site are down on Felix.  With the exception of Jakar and Obekpa, Felix is thought by many in the know, coaches etc. to have the most upside on the team.  He just needs the playing time.

« Reply #1390 on: April 06, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
We were still in the top 3 for Kyle Anderson before he announced, but no way the staff thought they were confident getting him. Sometimes you see the writing on the wall I think. If they are confident with Jordan I'll takke that as a good sign. However it would be foolish to think he's coming here until he signs. Still days to go and anything can happen.

Agree with the above.  We're we not also guaranteed by some posters that Lawrence was a done deal as well.  It ain't over till the fat lady sings or at least until she signs a LOI.

paultzman

« Reply #1391 on: April 06, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
We were still in the top 3 for Kyle Anderson before he announced, but no way the staff thought they were confident getting him. Sometimes you see the writing on the wall I think. If they are confident with Jordan I'll takke that as a good sign. However it would be foolish to think he's coming here until he signs. Still days to go and anything can happen.

Agree with the above.  We're we not also guaranteed by some posters that Lawrence was a done deal as well.  It ain't over till the fat lady sings or at least until she signs a LOI.

Recent comments reflect reporters touting SJU staff confidence in getting RS, nothing more, nothing less. Sounds like we remain in this, but I for one am cautiously optimistic. That said, would not be shocked not to get him. We'll see.

« Reply #1392 on: April 06, 2013, 03:02:52 PM »

Recent comments reflect reporters touting SJU staff confidence in getting RS, nothing more, nothing less. Sounds like we remain in this, but I for one am cautiously optimistic. That said, would not be shocked not to get him. We'll see.

i know most guys will say twitter is not a good indication of what's on a kid's mind, but if you follow enough, you can start to see trends that draw to logical conclusions. kids use it as a platform to express themselves. happened with kyle and most recently happened with amir (he hinted at leaving a week or so before he announced).  with that said, i have little confidence Sheed commits to us. my money is on Temple.

ras

« Reply #1393 on: April 06, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »

i know most guys will say twitter is not a good indication of what's on a kid's mind, but if you follow enough, you can start to see trends that draw to logical conclusions. kids use it as a platform to express themselves. happened with kyle and most recently happened with amir (he hinted at leaving a week or so before he announced).  with that said, i have little confidence Sheed commits to us. my money is on Temple.
What makes you say that? And what twitter comments are you referring to? I think hes kept his recruitment close to the vest and hasnt tipped his hand except for his 3 finalists. IMO its between us and Temple and could go either way.

« Reply #1394 on: April 06, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
He's definitely is getting some pressure from Philly. Wyatt has tweeted him a few times about Temple.

« Reply #1395 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »

I am hoping for the best but am afraid to get excited at this point cause if we don't get him, the let down will be a bit much to take after this past hoops season.

paultzman

« Reply #1396 on: April 06, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »

I am hoping for the best but am afraid to get excited at this point cause if we don't get him, the let down will be a bit much to take after this past hoops season.

It is so motivating to have you in our corner Linda. Inspiring!

« Reply #1397 on: April 06, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »
A scary thought...if Jordan does in fact commit to Temple, that will mean that top players actually DO stay home.  :o Something we wouldn't know about.

« Reply #1398 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »

It is so motivating to have you in our corner Linda. Inspiring!

+10000000.  You can almost feel the crocodile tears falling....

Moose

« Reply #1399 on: April 06, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »

What did Amir say that hinted something.
Remember who broke the Slice news