Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

paultzman

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1360 on: April 05, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
Not sure if Greg knows anything, but he's given his prediction.

@GregLogan1 8h
Predicting Philadelphia PG Rysheed Jordan signs with St. John's next week. Steve Lavin is great closer. #stjbb

Good predictor I am told. Ha

You telling us someone has whispered something to you or was that sarcasm?

Not being sarcastic or otherwise, but fwiw it is second time I have heard this in last two days. That said, with this kid, who knows!

Thanks for the response paultzman.  I wasn't intended to be negative in tone.  Was just interested.  Thanks for your input.  Hope your sources are right.

Didn't take it as negative, thanks!

« Reply #1361 on: April 05, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
We were still in the top 3 for Kyle Anderson before he announced, but no way the staff thought they were confident getting him. Sometimes you see the writing on the wall I think. If they are confident with Jordan I'll takke that as a good sign. However it would be foolish to think he's coming here until he signs. Still days to go and anything can happen.

« Reply #1362 on: April 05, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Temple fans will ****.

Dave is right they are getting Brown a terrific young guard.

« Reply #1363 on: April 05, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
If Jordan comes is he going to replace Branch or Greene do you think? I would imagine Greene so we can have Branch, Harrison, Sampson, Jordan, and Sanchez. Greene off the bench would help limit his shots and maybe let him heal up a bit.

paultzman

« Reply #1364 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »
If Jordan comes is he going to replace Branch or Greene do you think? I would imagine Greene so we can have Branch, Harrison, Sampson, Jordan, and Sanchez. Greene off the bench would help limit his shots and maybe let him heal up a bit.

If Greene doesn't heal up by next October, they should send him to Lourdes.

SJUFAN

« Reply #1365 on: April 05, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
Just those 2. No pt especially with Jordan on board. I'm hoping Jones returns

Marco has one year left so I doubt he will leave. We are the only program that have to play 12 players 15 minutes each or else they will transfer, smh. Amil Jefferson hardley played this year for Duke, and they only have a 7 man rotation. Now I know STJ is not Duke, but Felix also does not = Amil. Most of these kids will stay four years unless they are pushed out.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:17:26 PM by STJFAN »

SJUFAN

« Reply #1366 on: April 05, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »

I would like to see Jordan first off the bench to spell Branch, which would mean Branch is playing really well.

« Reply #1367 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
Just watched more tape on him...not pretending to be a scout by any means so take it FWIW. The kid can shoot the ball...very smooth, effortless stroke. Can create space, saw a few cross-over fadeaway's that he made perfectly. Can dish it at the last second, but if given the green light he will invite contact and still makes them. That bodes well for a physical conference with some big bangers. I'll admit when we recruit players they tend to look better in the tape due to biases, but the kid looks promising.

tnice

« Reply #1368 on: April 05, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »

If Greene doesn't heal up by next October, they should send him to Lourdes.

LMAO! Thanks for the afternoon chuckle Paultz.

boo3

« Reply #1369 on: April 05, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
The 11th will be a Lavin bashing frenzy.  Can't wait.

Are we so sure he's not coming here?  Amir leaves an open ship a day or two ago and now Rysheed moves up his commit date?  Maybe just coincidence, but I'm not ready to concede just yet.

I'm not. I've been programmed to be slightly negative is all.  However, I am easily swayed to positivity and the posts today about a potential STJ lean for Jordan has put me in a terrific mood.   I hope the chatter is correct.

MCNPA

« Reply #1370 on: April 05, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
Just watched more tape on him...not pretending to be a scout by any means so take it FWIW. The kid can shoot the ball...very smooth, effortless stroke. Can create space, saw a few cross-over fadeaway's that he made perfectly. Can dish it at the last second, but if given the green light he will invite contact and still makes them. That bodes well for a physical conference with some big bangers. I'll admit when we recruit players they tend to look better in the tape due to biases, but the kid looks promising.

Jordan is a stud.  Kid has amazing athleticism and strength.  Excellent passer and more importantly penetrator.  Very active guard.  We will have Jordan and Branch playing PG and hopefully D'Lo and Greene at SG.  If we land Rysheed, our backcourt becomes a LOT more dynamic than we are now.  Needs to be guarded unlike some of our other guards.

boo3

« Reply #1371 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:27 PM »
 Watching some clips.  He seems to have a tremendous ability to get into the paint and finish with contact.  Strong kid.   This would be a huge get. If Harrison comes back we might have some real excitement around here.  Close the deal Steve!

« Reply #1372 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55:18 PM »
Rather than transfer, offer redshirt to Felix, Marco, Christian. They would have to sit a year for transferring anyway. Then they come back in 2014 after Sanchez, Jakarr and maybe Obekpa leave.

jr49

« Reply #1373 on: April 05, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
Rather than transfer, offer redshirt to Felix, Marco, Christian. They would have to sit a year for transferring anyway. Then they come back in 2014 after Sanchez, Jakarr and maybe Obekpa leave.
Don't u want Marco and his ship gone. ? What does he do well? Coach is going to bring us good players.

« Reply #1374 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »
Pretty sad how casually some y'all talk about uprooting the lives and education of young peeps on teams y'all supposedly root for.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:13:33 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1375 on: April 05, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »
Pretty sad how casually some y'all talk about uprooting the lives and education of young peeps on teams y'all supposedly root for.

Uprooting lives? Lots of players transfer for more PT. It's not uncommon. Education? These guys are here for basketball primarily. Not education first. At this level they play to try and get paid for it whether that means a small league overseas or the NBA. Transferring is part of the game in college basketball.

« Reply #1376 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »

They are commodities, Choz.  Mere pawns for our entertainment---and in some cases, our sanity.

Poison

« Reply #1377 on: April 05, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »

It's not so black and white. Don't you think a kid would rather know if it's unlikely he'd get minutes than find out while sitting on the bench? For Marco, playing at a D2 or D3 school makes sense. The Big East ate him alive.

Who does it hurt if he transfers? Does he not get a degree from St.John's? Is that what you're talking about? If so, I think he'll be okay with a degree from another school.

« Reply #1378 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »
Just thinking that if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done it's gonna take several miracles to field a team for 2014.  No more Norm Roberts to blame for that.

Yes, we know...in front of every silver lining is a dark cloud

desco80

« Reply #1379 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
I look at landing Rysheed as an unexpected bonus.  If it happens, then wow, great!  But I'm not expecting it, he's seemed like a Philly(Temple) lean all along. 

We have 12 returning players as of now, there's no reason to get on coach if Jordan doesn't pick us on the 11th.
Now, if September rolls around and D'angelo is starting his first semester at Baylor and we're not involved with any forwards/centers for the '14 class.... well, then I'll be more critical of coach.
Right now, Jordan is a bonus.   A great bonus to get, but not something that's expected.