Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1321 on: April 05, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »
Boeheim said the other day that half of the McD's kids stink. He's right.

Does Jimmy B know you keep a picture of him on your night table and stare at it as you fall asleep every night?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #1322 on: April 05, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Just thinking that if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done it's gonna take several miracles to field a team for 2014.  No more Norm Roberts to blame for that.

« Reply #1323 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:37 AM »
Just thinking that if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done it's gonna take several miracles to field a team for 2014.  No more Norm Roberts to blame for that.

Huh?  ??? 

« Reply #1324 on: April 05, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
if we get lucky with Sheed and he turns out to be one and done, we will have a great year in 2013.  its not a terrible trade.

« Reply #1325 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »

Huh?  ???

Exactly.

Only someone who INTENTIONALLY ROOTS FOR BAD THINGS FOR SJU comes up with this type of post.

Think about it.  First he assumes that Jordan is here and is a 1 and done.  Then he assumes that Sampson and Harrison are gone after next year.  Then he assumes that Lavin cannot recruit anyone to replace them without a "miracle."

Then he assumes we will blame Norm Roberts.

Mind you none of these things are anywhere near happening or about to happen.

But he goes from one assumption to another assumption to another assumption to come to a NEGATIVE conclusion.

So a reasonable person does not come up with a post like this.  Someone who has an agenda comes up with a post like this.

DFF6

« Reply #1326 on: April 05, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »

It won't take a miracle for Lavin to field a team for 2014-15.  The guy can flat out recruit.  But it will probably be back to "youngest team in America" rhetoric for at least that year.

Poison

« Reply #1327 on: April 05, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
Boeheim said the other day that half of the McD's kids stink. He's right.

Does Jimmy B know you keep a picture of him on your night table and stare at it as you fall asleep every night?

No. Sadly.

crgreen

« Reply #1328 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »

It won't take a miracle for Lavin to field a team for 2014-15.  The guy can flat out recruit.  But it will probably be back to "youngest team in America" rhetoric for at least that year.

Doubtful.   2015 will very likely have seniors Phil Green, Jamal Branch and Sir Dom Pointer.  And Juniors Chris Obekpa, Felix Balamou, Max Hooper, Christian Jones, and David Lipscomb.   2015 will be a very "old" team - even with 3 or 4 incoming frosh.

Moose

« Reply #1329 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »

Doubtful.   2015 will very likely have seniors Phil Green, Jamal Branch and Sir Dom Pointer.  And Juniors Chris Obekpa, Felix Balamou, Max Hooper, Christian Jones, and David Lipscomb.   2015 will be a very "old" team - even with 3 or 4 incoming frosh.

You wrote Harrison off?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1330 on: April 05, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
St. John's IS in a different stratosphere than UCLA. UCLA is a BCS school, has way more prestige than us both academically and athletically. Recruiting at UCLA is MUCH easier than recruiting at St. John's where we had 1 good year in the past decade and can't even come close to their history. If he is truly a great recruiter, let's see him get McDonalds AA's here at SJ. Providence did it...they got 2. Why can't we?

If they can get 5 star guys so can we. In the grand scheme of things Lavin is a good recruiter, but I'm not seeing that high major talent i.e. Big East POY guys. True, Harkless might have been if he stayed, but he is really the only true stud we have had here under him. Sampson is good but needs to get a lot better...he gets a ton of rim on many shots and has that awkward release. I guess what I'm saying is, where are the McD AA's and the 5 star top 25 guys?

Exactly, so doesn't that make the caliber of players brought in even that more impressive?

Also, Jakarr was much better then McD all american Kris Dunn this year. Truth be told Jakarr was a 5 star player. Jakarr was the best player at Brewster last year which included 5 star Mitch McGarry and McD AA TJ Warren. Nerlens Noel was probably the only player in New England better then Jakarr. McD all americans are biased & subjective just as ESPN & Scout services are.

I apologize if I sound like a jerk or a know it all, but some of your statements are ridiculous

After watching McGarrybin this tournament, I would completely disagree
I saw Michigan four games this season.  I was watching McGary his last season at Brewster due to JaKarr being there, but even more because Maryland was after him.  Coming out of Brewster his last year, the summer AAU buzz had worn off, and McGary slipped a bit in performance. 

I think JaKarr was Brewster's best player, as well as better than McGary this entire season (partly due to more PT).  But McGary finished extremely strong in the tourney, so I can see why you stated that.  Mitch has upped his level of play.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:37:01 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #1331 on: April 05, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
April 11 here we come;

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/st-johns-basketball-recruiting/2013/4/5/4186678/rysheed-jordan-recruiting-commitment-april-11-st-johns-ucla-temple

Back to Rysheed.  Apparently the new date is 4/11.  This is what he tweeted yesterday:

ARE PHILLY IM GIVING A VERBAL COMMIT TO A COLLEGE ON THE 11TH THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!

DFF6

« Reply #1332 on: April 05, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

I didn't mean to convey that I would agree with the young team excuse, but if we have to replace 4-5 starters, I certainly can see Lavin stressing that point to manage expectations for the 2014-15 team.  Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Obekpa is gone after next year if he comes back with an all-around improved game.   

« Reply #1333 on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:06 PM »
Not sure if Greg knows anything, but he's given his prediction.

@GregLogan1 8h
Predicting Philadelphia PG Rysheed Jordan signs with St. John's next week. Steve Lavin is great closer. #stjbb

« Reply #1334 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »

@GregLogan1 8h
Predicting Philadelphia PG Rysheed Jordan signs with St. John's next week. Steve Lavin is great closer. #stjbb

He can't "sign" until the following week 4/17.

But here's hoping Greg knows something.

paultzman

« Reply #1335 on: April 05, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

@GregLogan1 8h

Good predictor I am told. Ha

« Reply #1336 on: April 05, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

@GregLogan1 8h

You telling us someone has whispered something to you or was that sarcasm?

LJSA

« Reply #1337 on: April 05, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »

Huh?  ???

Exactly.

Only someone who INTENTIONALLY ROOTS FOR BAD THINGS FOR SJU comes up with this type of post.

Think about it.  First he assumes that Jordan is here and is a 1 and done.  Then he assumes that Sampson and Harrison are gone after next year.  Then he assumes that Lavin cannot recruit anyone to replace them without a "miracle."

Then he assumes we will blame Norm Roberts.

Mind you none of these things are anywhere near happening or about to happen.

But he goes from one assumption to another assumption to another assumption to come to a NEGATIVE conclusion.

So a reasonable person does not come up with a post like this.  Someone who has an agenda comes up with a post like this.

Every day last time around he'd write "I sure do wish we'd get some recruits" And he's already planning on doing it again a year in advance.

« Reply #1338 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
Wait until Lavin passes on recruiting Sean Evans, Jr.  All hell will break loose.

paultzman

« Reply #1339 on: April 05, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

@GregLogan1 8h

You telling us someone has whispered something to you or was that sarcasm?

Not being sarcastic or otherwise, but fwiw it is second time I have heard this in last two days. That said, with this kid, who knows!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:01:01 PM by paultzman »