Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1500 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
Just heard again St Johns.... ...No need to speculate about twitter or what hat he bought....hes on board folks.

this coming out today all makes sense given that he's announcing on espn. lots of coordination needs to get done before then.

desco80

« Reply #1501 on: April 08, 2013, 04:05:27 PM »
So who here has seen him play in-person, and can offer a scouting report?

« Reply #1502 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »
Just heard again St Johns.... ...No need to speculate about twitter or what hat he bought....hes on board folks.

this coming out today all makes sense given that he's announcing on espn. lots of coordination needs to get done before then.

Has it been announced officially that he will commit on the show?

TheVig

« Reply #1503 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »

Has it been announced officially that he will commit on the show?
Telep just tweeted @ me that no live commitments on show but who knows things could change...

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1504 on: April 08, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
If/when we land him does he automatically slot into the starting lineup for next season over Branch/PGiv? On paper our potential roster would be unbelievably deep and talented....

G-Jordan
G-Harrison
F-Pointer
F-Sampson
F-Sanchez

Bench: Obekpa, PGIV, Branch, GG, Balamou, Jones, Hooper, Bourgault.

You would think at least one of these guys would transfer because I don't see how Lavin could get all of them the PT they would want.

Also Jordan seems like he likes to have the ball in his hands to create (although I've never seen one of his games) Can he and D'Angelo play together?

The pairing of Sampson and him seems to be a match made in heaven as Sampson would be less reliant on making his own offense with Jordan penetrating and creating easy looks for him.

To say the least I'm pretty excited about next year's team. I just hope we keep the entire roster intact and there are no setbacks.

« Reply #1505 on: April 08, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
If this turns out to be the case I NEVER want to hear how Lavin can't close ect. Guys is a grade A recruiter.Convinced Sampson to come when we reopened, got Harkless , got Obekpa and now it looks like Jordan.  We can still disagree on the crappy zone and the weave but recruiting its an open and shut case. And I think his style is honesty unlike alot of others in D-1.

can Jordan run the weave?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:18:12 PM by valgoth »

« Reply #1506 on: April 08, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »
If this turns out to be the case I NEVER want to hear how Lavin can't close ect. Guys is a grade A recruiter.Convinced Sampson to come when we reopened, got Harkless , got Obekpa and now it looks like Jordan.  We can still disagree on the crappy zone and the weave but recruiting its an open and shut case. And I think his style is honesty unlike alot of others in D-1.

+1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #1507 on: April 08, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »

We will run the weave only when Greene is on the floor :)

« Reply #1508 on: April 08, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »

+1000000

boo3

« Reply #1509 on: April 08, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
I am Happy.  Lavin is a beast on the recruiting trail. 

We Are...back?

paultzman

« Reply #1510 on: April 08, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
“@BrandonTierney: Looks as if a program "changer" is headed to Queens...”

« Reply #1511 on: April 08, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
“@BrandonTierney: Looks as if a program "changer" is headed to Queens...”

This is looking pretty good. Can't wait until Thursday.

« Reply #1512 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:25 PM »
Get 2 The Game - Rysheed Jordan | @AmFam®

This is the kid I've wanted all along. We need a guard that can break down a defense and score or dish the rock. We instantly become very dangerous with him imo.

« Reply #1513 on: April 08, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »

I have seen several full games of him online, kid is a stud

« Reply #1514 on: April 08, 2013, 07:00:21 PM »

I have seen several full games of him online, kid is a stud

Same. He can break down a defense, dish the rock and has a pretty good shot.

Here's a game of his: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?annotation_id=annotation_57264&feature=iv&list=PLA6u1EbAQhDUx9db3rNM8Wop7zZy7mvAT&src_vid=syVaIvEb0XE

Trying to find some more.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:09:48 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #1515 on: April 08, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
If we get Rysheed, You instantly insert him in the starting point guard slot. This kid is the real deal, he is scary good and to be honest I don't understand how he is ranked number 5 among point guards. No chance there are 4 guys better than him at that position, that played HS basketball this year. I really don't get caught up in rankings since trey Burke was like the 25th ranked point guard when he came out but this kid has "it". Poise, toughness, competitiveness, scoring ability, vision, athleticism. I just hope we get him. I'll save my predictions until after he announces where he is signing, but if we do and we get DLO back with no other defections, "oooooooohhhhhhh baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyy" (and 1 announcer voice)

« Reply #1516 on: April 08, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
I'm trying to temper my expectations, but have we ever heard so strongly like this before hand and not gotten the recruit?

« Reply #1517 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13:19 PM »
Going to be a long 3 days.

« Reply #1518 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
Bored, but assume he has a Temple hat already. Ha!

“@sheedjordan: Goin to get my college hat today”

Our merchandising sucks.  Definitely no STJ hats in Philly.  Unless he gets a St. Joe's hat and pretends its us.
Hope this doesn't create eligibility issues and he has to spend a year at St. Joe's. LOL  :)

« Reply #1519 on: April 08, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »
Somebody that works in a LIDS in philly said he saw sheed buy a johnnies hat. Could be lying but we'll see.
Doubt it cause as Moose said our merchandise ain't carried in Philly, hard enough to find it around here. Unless this person followed him in a drive to NY.