Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Moose

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1260 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
I think Rysheed is confusing himself.

Yesterday on twitter he tweeted "9 more days" before he decides.  But that would be April 11th not April 15th.  Someone tweeted back that he means April 15th the original date he set.

But then Rysheed said that April 11th is the first day to sign. 

He is wrong though.  The Spring Signing Period starts April 17th.  The only significance of April 11th is that it is the end of the Dead Period in recruiting.

Obviously not a Math Major

How is his basketball IQ ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #1261 on: April 03, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »

Yesterday on twitter he tweeted "9 more days" before he decides.  But that would be April 11th not April 15th.  Someone tweeted back that he means April 15th the original date he set.

He is wrong though.  The Spring Signing Period starts April 17th.  The only significance of April 11th is that it is the end of the Dead Period in recruiting.

Obviously not a Math Major

How is his basketball IQ ;)

Quite high, but one of "youngest" in the nation.

Tha Kid

« Reply #1262 on: April 03, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »

Could he have meant 9 more school days?  That would take him to April 15.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #1263 on: April 03, 2013, 12:39:03 PM »

I don't think so because in response to the tweet about him being mistaken about it being April 11th instead of his original date of April 15th he wrote:

"signing day is the 11."

Tha Kid

« Reply #1264 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:19 PM »

I don't think so because in response to the tweet about him being mistaken about it being April 11th instead of his original date of April 15th he wrote:

"signing day is the 11."

lol
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #1265 on: April 03, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
Rysheed wins the prestigious Philly Phoenix Award:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/rick-obrien/

Moose

« Reply #1266 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:06 PM »
Rysheed wins the prestigious Philly Phoenix Award:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/rick-obrien/

Did Nuri win that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

« Reply #1267 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »

Here are the past Phoenix Award honorees:

2012: Maurice Watson, Boys’ Latin Charter

2011: Jerrell Wright, Murrell Dobbins

2010: Tyrone Garland, Bartram

2009: Sam Prescott, Imhotep Charter

2008: Andrew “Scootie” Randall, Communications Tech

« Reply #1268 on: April 03, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
Anybody have any insight where he is leaning towards or what recruiting experts are saying?

« Reply #1269 on: April 03, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »
Seems the local Philly newspaper has picked up on the fact SJU created potential space for Rysheed.

Also confirms with Yard that no other schools are involved with Jordan.  So we can stop the conspiracy theories on other schools swooping at last minute.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/rally/&id=201299241

MCNPA

« Reply #1270 on: April 03, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
Seems the local Philly newspaper has picked up on the fact SJU created potential space for Rysheed.

Also confirms with Yard that no other schools are involved with Jordan.  So we can stop the conspiracy theories on other schools swooping at last minute.

C'mon Rysheed.  No brainer here.  Backcourt of RYSHEED, D'Lo, Branch and Greene could be excellent in addition to existing frontcourt talent.

« Reply #1271 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
HE will sign inspite of Lavin being an overrated recruiter

« Reply #1272 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Lavin's not a good recruiter?

« Reply #1273 on: April 04, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »

C'mon Rysheed.  No brainer here.  Backcourt of RYSHEED, D'Lo, Branch and Greene could be excellent in addition to existing frontcourt talent.

Biggest question is do we go 3 guard? Dom as a major spark plug off the bench? That could be a great problem to have.

« Reply #1274 on: April 04, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
If we miss out on Jordan, and we don't sign any major targets for 2014 I am going to really assume Lavin is an overrated recruiter. At this stage in the game the team has shown life and a potential for success with lots of nice pieces. We have our head coach fully involved in the program now. There is no excuse to not start signing can't miss talent i.e. Lawrence/McCollough type guys.

Ummm, he has brought in several #1 classes and the #3 class two years ago. Wasn't last year top 25 as well? Big deal we've missed out on some 5 star players, every program does

Since when has he brought in several #1 classes at SJ? The #3 class was not technically #3 after all the ineligibilities. It probably went from #3 to #15 with all the issues there. Last year he brought in a class considered top 25 only by one smaller blog or site, not a nationally known and respected one like ESPN, Scout, Rivals, or CBS. I know we only have 1 slot or 2 if Harrison leaves, but for the 2014 and 2015 classes he has no excuses...go out and get the bonafide studs aka the 5 star big boys.

« Reply #1275 on: April 04, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
If we miss out on Jordan, and we don't sign any major targets for 2014 I am going to really assume Lavin is an overrated recruiter. At this stage in the game the team has shown life and a potential for success with lots of nice pieces. We have our head coach fully involved in the program now. There is no excuse to not start signing can't miss talent i.e. Lawrence/McCollough type guys.

Ummm, he has brought in several #1 classes and the #3 class two years ago. Wasn't last year top 25 as well? Big deal we've missed out on some 5 star players, every program does

Since when has he brought in several #1 classes at SJ? The #3 class was not technically #3 after all the ineligibilities. It probably went from #3 to #15 with all the issues there. Last year he brought in a class considered top 25 only by one smaller blog or site, not a nationally known and respected one like ESPN, Scout, Rivals, or CBS. I know we only have 1 slot or 2 if Harrison leaves, but for the 2014 and 2015 classes he has no excuses...go out and get the bonafide studs aka the 5 star big boys.

Ok. Literally the only reason last years class wasn't ranked by most sites is because they didn't count Jakarr, Sanchez, and Branch. If recruiting services recognized all of them, we would've been ranked in all of them. You are just fishing for ways to be a whiner.

LJSA

« Reply #1276 on: April 04, 2013, 02:32:59 AM »
The #3 class was not technically #3 after all the ineligibilities.

When are rankings finalized? I'm guessing before writers find out who's ineligible, so it remained a #3 class regardless of what you think.

« Reply #1277 on: April 04, 2013, 02:54:16 AM »

Calling Crgreen?

As head coach at UCLA, Lavin and his staff recruited and signed the No. 1 rated recruiting class in the country in 1998 and 2001. Lavin signed seven McDonald's High School All-Americans. Seven of Lavin’s former Bruin recruits became roster members of NBA teams: Trevor Ariza, Matt Barnes, Baron Davis, Dan Gadzuric, Ryan Hollins, Jason Kapono, and Earl Watson.

At STJ he has brought in the big east rookie of the year in back-to-back years sending one of them to the NBA. Additionally, he has brought in 7 top 100 players (Harkless, Harrison, Pointer, Garrett, Sampson, Branch, Obekpa) as well as commitments from top 100 players Gathers & Pelle in just 2 full recruiting years. How many top 100 players were brought in during the previous 10 years? (I Honestly dont know)

Its fair game to question his in game coaching and some of his methods but I dont see any way you can question his recruiting ability.

crgreen

« Reply #1278 on: April 04, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »

Calling Crgreen?

As head coach at UCLA, Lavin and his staff recruited and signed the No. 1 rated recruiting class in the country in 1998 and 2001. Lavin signed seven McDonald's High School All-Americans. Seven of Lavin’s former Bruin recruits became roster members of NBA teams: Trevor Ariza, Matt Barnes, Baron Davis, Dan Gadzuric, Ryan Hollins, Jason Kapono, and Earl Watson.

At STJ he has brought in the big east rookie of the year in back-to-back years sending one of them to the NBA. Additionally, he has brought in 7 top 100 players (Harkless, Harrison, Pointer, Garrett, Sampson, Branch, Obekpa) as well as commitments from top 100 players Gathers & Pelle in just 2 full recruiting years. How many top 100 players were brought in during the previous 10 years? (I Honestly dont know)

Its fair game to question his in game coaching and some of his methods but I dont see any way you can question his recruiting ability.

You left out lottery pick Jerome Moiso (same class as Gadzuric and Barnes - they stayed 4 years, Jerome was drafted by Pitino with the Celts after his soph season).    You also left off Dijon Thompson (Hawks and Warriors), and Cedric Bozeman (Hawks).

« Reply #1279 on: April 04, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
this shows that ucla is in a different stratosphere than st john's.