Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

Happy

I'm not sure if he will be the same as Boeheim .. But Hopkins is absolutely loved by the kids there and is one hell of a recruiter. 

Moose

I'm not sure if he will be the same as Boeheim .. But Hopkins is absolutely loved by the kids there and is one hell of a recruiter. 

The fact that he interviewed with USC shows that he has an eye out the door.  Whether it be him not wanting to replace a legend....which seemingly never works.  Or if he knew the guillotine was hanging above and doesn't want to be around to live thru that.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

The fact that he interviewed with USC shows that he has an eye out the door.  Whether it be him not wanting to replace a legend....which seemingly never works.  Or if he knew the guillotine was hanging above and doesn't want to be around to live thru that.

I thought he was named coach in waiting ?  Didn't know he interviewed for that job and that might be a sign that bad sanctions are coming down.  I usually don't take pleasure in schools getting sanctions but I will smile if it happens to cuse .  Everything from getting top kids to come to that freezing dump to them hiring a in house teenage recruiting guru.

Moose

I thought he was named coach in waiting ?  Didn't know he interviewed for that job and that might be a sign that bad sanctions are coming down.  I usually don't take pleasure in schools getting sanctions but I will smile if it happens to cuse .  Everything from getting top kids to come to that freezing dump to them hiring a in house teenage recruiting guru.

Yeah he was coach in waiting but interviewed with USC a few weeks ago.

Haha re: the guru. 

Poison

Any chance he's as dumb as Brian Mahoney?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:40:02 PM by Poison »

MCNPA

The fact tht he interviewed for USC struck me as odd.  He has been primed for e Cuse seat for years.  It tells me that the smoke is not just smoke at Cuse.  I think both he and Boeheim are planning their exit with pending NCAA doom.  No other reason why after this long, Hopkins is looks to escape from a job he has been groomed for, for decades now.  Something cooking there.  Hopkins interviewing, Boeheim rumors both of retirement as well being forced out...  Don't think this ends well for them.

redslope

The fact tht he interviewed for USC struck me as odd.  He has been primed for e Cuse seat for years.  It tells me that the smoke is not just smoke at Cuse.  I think both he and Boeheim are planning their exit with pending NCAA doom.  No other reason why after this long, Hopkins is looks to escape from a job he has been groomed for, for decades now.  Something cooking there.  Hopkins interviewing, Boeheim rumors both of retirement as well being forced out...  Don't think this ends well for them.

If Boeheim forced out, it will be a clean sweep of the staff.

Still may make sense - Boeheim committed the head spot to Hopkins.  We have no idea the time line communicated.  Maybe it has passed or Hopkins doesn't feel as if Boeheim is going antwhere soon.  If so, Hopkins should be looking at other opportunities even if just a bluff to try and move things faster.

hopkings is from southern california...boeheim could be around for another few years.  what would you do?

there's no smoke or fire here.

Moose

hopkings is from southern california...boeheim could be around for another few years.  what would you do?

Mike Waters a reporter up in Cuse was on Francesca yesterday. He never thought Jim would let Hopkins coach in the ACC first year as the adjustment would be too much but Mike asked how many years Jim had left and Waters said past that year he wouldn't commit to anything he felt.

Also there is smoke.  Otherwise this investigation would not be going for 'years'

Any chance he's as dumb as Brian Mahoney?
Norm had rep as ace recruiter as well...didn't translate to coaching...always easier to be the lieutenant

Mike Waters a reporter up in Cuse was on Francesca yesterday. He never thought Jim would let Hopkins coach in the ACC first year as the adjustment would be too much but Mike asked how many years Jim had left and Waters said past that year he wouldn't commit to anything he felt.

Also there is smoke.  Otherwise this investigation would not be going for 'years'
the smoke has to do with boeheim leaving prematurely.  i'm sure the ncaa has a person whose only duty is to "investigate" syracuse.  he's an upstater...rip van winkle.

paultzman

I'll bet;

"Syracuse recruit Chris McCullough won’t get to campus until 2014 and when he does, he says Jim Boeheim will be there to coach him.

The 6-foot-9 McCullough said he spoke with Boeheim “two or three weeks ago,” and the coach gave him the news.

“He said there’s a lot of rumors going around that he’s retiring but he’ll still be there when I’m there,” McCullough told SNY.tv from Brewster (N.H.) Academy, where he has one more season remaining."

“@AdamZagoria: Syracuse Recruit: Boeheim Will Coach in 2014; Former Indiana Recruit Says Hoosiers 'Screwed' Him http://on.sny.tv/14w7Gyc

DFF6

Might this affect his eligibility?   Will Cuse accept his NLI this week?

I have no idea about his eligibility, but no way Cuse abandons him. I mean it is Cuse afterall.

paultzman

I have no idea about his eligibility, but no way Cuse abandons him. I mean it is Cuse afterall.

Cuse for sure, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Man, when I saw an update for this thread I was hoping he de-committed....

Man, when I saw an update for this thread I was hoping he de-committed....

A little piece me of still hold out hope