Northeastern - Game Thread

• 193 replies
Re: Northeastern - Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »
WE'RE GETTING BLOWN OUT AT HOME TO NORTHEASTERN....IS THE HONEYMOON OVER YET FOR LAVIN????

this gave me a good laugh.

Lavin isnt even at the game and yet you blame him.

A voice of reasoning, Hero.  There are some folks who I wouldn't dare want in a foxhole. 

Yeah, like yourself.  Who would want to be in a foxhole with Mary Poppins trying to sing "everything is going to be alright...everything is going to be ok" to us. 

Some of you need to grow a set. 

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2011, 06:01:19 PM »
If this is indeed a loss, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Most of these kids are probably off an emotional high/wear and tear from Thanksgiving and Black Friday and were susceptible to a loss tonight. Northeastern came out wanting to win and we didnt answer. We will be better, because frankly we are better than this.

Emotional high, off what losing two games that we should have won in the CVC tourney?   Once again we were ill prepared to defend against the three, and we were dominated in our own gym.  reality check people,  This team is NOT THAT GOOD period.  will they get there, maybe.  But those fools who were predicting a strong Big East season.... look out, DSF beat Yukon, we are going to struggle against all Big East teams. 

ANOTHER HORRENDOUS STAT....... NORTHEASTERN GOT 21 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS.

That's what happens when you don't recruit a center...or atleast a center who was going to be eligible.  Then again, our coaching staff is perfect and does no wrong  :)

Chilleb

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
If we're on the bubble at the end of the season this game is going to kill us

I never thought we were going to the NCAA tournament, once we were shorthanded.  So, this game isn't gonna have any bearing on us when it comes to the NCAAs.

Only trying to be optimistic, I figure if we can get Amir and another big by semester break that will help the depth issue. Not to mention these kids are very talented and could hit there stride at any point and time this season. We lost to Bonnie's and Fordham and st Mary's early last year and ended up with a bid. Lav isn't even back on the sideline yet.

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
If this is indeed a loss, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Most of these kids are probably off an emotional high/wear and tear from Thanksgiving and Black Friday and were susceptible to a loss tonight. Northeastern came out wanting to win and we didnt answer. We will be better, because frankly we are better than this.

Emotional high, off what losing two games that we should have won in the CVC tourney?   Once again we were ill prepared to defend against the three, and we were dominated in our own gym.  reality check people,  This team is NOT THAT GOOD period.  will they get there, maybe.  But those fools who were predicting a strong Big East season.... look out, DSF beat Yukon, we are going to struggle against all Big East teams. 

Again playing after a holiday is always hard and if you dont come prepared, you will lose. This is a good team. We just have to come out wanting to win, because we are undersized and we are short on guys. We will win some good games this year. You can call me out if we dont, but we also will lose some bad ones. And yeah Uconn also is a good example of a young team not showing up and losing. Look at them today, they came out and didnt quit and beat a good team.

Will we struggle, yeah. Will we grow and win some good games, also yeah.

« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
WE'RE GETTING BLOWN OUT AT HOME TO NORTHEASTERN....IS THE HONEYMOON OVER YET FOR LAVIN????

A voice of reasoning, Hero.  There are some folks who I wouldn't dare want in a foxhole. 

Yeah, like yourself.  Who would want to be in a foxhole with Mary Poppins trying to sing "everything is going to be alright...everything is going to be ok" to us. 

Yeah because bashing my team on an internet forum with senseless posts makes me more of a man.

« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2011, 06:04:16 PM »

Again playing after a holiday is always hard and if you dont come prepared, you will lose. This is a good team. We just have to come out wanting to win, because we are undersized and we are short on guys. We will win some good games this year. You can call me out if we dont, but we also will lose some bad ones. And yeah Uconn also is a good example of a young team not showing up and losing. Look at them today, they came out and didnt quit and beat a good team.

Wait, did you just say we're a good team???   ;D

I'm sure Northeastern celebrated Thanksgiving as well and ate turkey.  I can't believe the excuses some of you use....brings me back to my previous point on how pathetic our fan base is. 

« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »

That's what happens when you don't recruit a center...or atleast a center who was going to be eligible.  Then again, our coaching staff is perfect and does no wrong  :)

Pelle and GG wouldve been a great center combo. Also centers have to want to come here and if theyre not any good then thats a wasted schollarship.

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
Our fan base (at least on here) is kinda pathetic.  The coaching staff never does anything wrong, it's ok to lose to northeastern at home by 16 points, etc. etc. etc.

I am as tough a critic as anyone on here, but you cant blame this all on our current coaching staff. A team that is dominated by ALL frosh is going to lose many stupid games like this one.  Thank Mr. Roberts for putting us in this position.  Plus there is a chance that a few of our players are a bit overated at this time.  While Yukon did win with a few frosh,  there are no Kemba Walkers on this team.   While I am not an Iona fan, I must admit I am glad we dont play them as we would get smoked.

My only dissapointment i this game was the 21 offensive boards that NE got and the lousy defense played

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »

I'm sure Northeastern celebrated Thanksgiving as well and ate turkey.  I can't believe the excuses some of you use....brings me back to my previous point on how pathetic our fan base is.

We are a good team. And if youre not going to respond to my whole post and nitpick, then I have no interest in debating with you.

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »

Pelle and GG wouldve been a great center combo. Also centers have to want to come here and if theyre not any good then thats a wasted schollarship.

Ummmm, earth to hero:  It's Lavin's job to get bigs to want to come here.  Oh, but I forgot...Lavin can do no wrong  :angel:

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
^^^^ Bro relax its one bad game in November

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »

Ummmm, earth to hero:  It's Lavin's job to get bigs to want to come here.  Oh, but I forgot...Lavin can do no wrong  :angel:

That's because he hasn't done any wrong.

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

You wouldn't know what to do with a basketball, let alone talk about it, keyboard Superman.  Another big mouth who consistently whined and bitched when the chat was open on this site.  Give me a break!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:14:57 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »

We are a good team. And if youre not going to respond to my whole post and nitpick, then I have no interest in debating with you.

What world are you living in?  We're a bottom of the barrel big east team.  We haven't beat anyone this year.  What are you basing your claim on that we're a good team? 

We get killed on the boards every game, we can't defend the three, we are erratic with free throws, we have been turning the ball over more than I/we would like, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and did I mention we just got BLOWN OUT by NORTHEASTERN at HOME?

Yeah, we're a great team...

« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »

And he brought two good ones in. But how many teams get three good centers in one class? Its very hard. Ill give Lavin the 2012 recruiting class before bashing him for lack of bigs.

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »

Exhibit A on why our fan base is so sad.

Yeah, Lavin did a great job recruiting three kids that were academically ineligible basically screwing us for this season. 

« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »

And he brought two good ones in. But how many teams get three good centers in one class? Its very hard. Ill give Lavin the 2012 recruiting class before bashing him for lack of bigs.

God's Gift is a good center?  Even if he was a good player, which he's not, he's a PF.  Who's the second center Lavin brought in???  I'll wait...

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
What world are you living in?  We're a bottom of the barrel big east team.  We haven't beat anyone this year.  What are you basing your claim on that we're a good team? 

We get killed on the boards every game, we can't defend the three, we are erratic with free throws, we have been turning the ball over more than I/we would like, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and did I mention we just got BLOWN OUT by NORTHEASTERN at HOME?

Yeah, we're a great team...

How many quality wins did we have last year at this point? We were in it with two good teams and have a talented roster. Give the team a chance.

Yeah, I am well aware of our problems but they are problems that can be fixed with experience other than rebounding.

« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »

God's Gift is a good center?  Even if he was a good player, which he's not, he's a PF.  Who's the second center Lavin brought in???  I'll wait...

Yes GG is a good center. He's undersized but good.

Pelle is the second one. But he screwed up.

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

Exhibit A on why our fan base is so sad.

Yeah, Lavin did a great job recruiting three kids that were academically ineligible basically screwing us for this season.

Bill Self at Kansas should get fired for also bringing in 3 ineligible players while were at it