Fordham - Game Thread

• 140 replies
Re: Fordham
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »
I think St Johns is open as 8.5 favorites

This is a Fordham team that lost to MONMOTH by 15.  If we cant beat Fordham then we are not worthy of Division I status.

We need a win very badly. I'm scared shitless of an injury at this point.  If we get in foul trouble in games we may end up finishing the game 5 on 4. 

Gaston lit us up 2 years ago at St Johns, the guard that owned us last year Butler(as Moose said) is gone. Time for Harkless to man up and destroy someone. That guy is Gaston. I hate Pecora, think hes a snake in the grass.  Lets beat them by 20

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Is there any other local school students more hated than Fordhams?

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
Hey Realfan, if there's one thing you can say about Norm, it's that he never lost to Fordham. Not once.

No but he was humiliated by Tom Pecora and Hofstra which is even worse.  I remember when we lost to Hofstra at home by about 25 points.  What a disgrace that was.

Realfan, that was a joke. Norm only agreed to play Fordham his last year here because they were utterly horrible. Roberts got housed by Hofstra more than once. It was awful for me because I was at every Hofstra loss under Norm. Over the years I have grown to truly hate that guy. Maybe even as much as you.
Norm raised Pecora's career winning percentage by 20%

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
Hey Realfan, if there's one thing you can say about Norm, it's that he never lost to Fordham. Not once.

No but he was humiliated by Tom Pecora and Hofstra which is even worse.  I remember when we lost to Hofstra at home by about 25 points.  What a disgrace that was.

Realfan, that was a joke. Norm only agreed to play Fordham his last year here because they were utterly horrible. Roberts got housed by Hofstra more than once. It was awful for me because I was at every Hofstra loss under Norm. Over the years I have grown to truly hate that guy. Maybe even as much as you.

Thank GOD Pecora isnt coaching here.

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2011, 10:25:33 PM »

agree 100%

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »

agree 100%

Snake in the grass. Who goes from Hofstra to Fordham anyways?  Thats like switching from handball to racquetball

desco80

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »

agree 100%

Snake in the grass. Who goes from Hofstra to Fordham anyways?  Thats like switching from handball to racquetball

I never understood that move.  I know it's A-10, but Fordham was arguably a step down from what he had at Hofstra a few years ago.   Pecora could have held out for a better job.   

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »

agree 100%

I think he saw the writing on the wall at Hofstra and made the best money move he could make without moving his family. I know some very active hofstra alums and Pecora was beloved for a long time there but I know some of them were starting to grow a little restless

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2011, 10:53:58 PM »

agree 100%

I think he saw the writing on the wall at Hofstra and made the best money move he could make without moving his family. I know some very active hofstra alums and Pecora was beloved for a long time there but I know some of them were starting to grow a little restless

I hear ya. They were spoiled with Jay Wright, and Pecora rode his coatttails. Fordham was stupid enough to bite. I do like Mo Cassara though

desco80

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »

agree 100%

I hear ya. They were spoiled with Jay Wright, and Pecora rode his coatttails. Fordham was stupid enough to bite. I do like Mo Cassara though

I guess it makes sense if he didn't want to move the family.

Btw I haven't seen anyone mentioning this but apparently Baron Davis was at practice again on campus this week.  Somebody needs to give him a jersey for tomorrow afternoon.

njdave684 RT @RaabyRay: As anticipated Baron Davis has cleared waivers. He was again at practice with #stjbb, obviously in New York. All signs point to the Knicks.

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »

agree 100%

Btw I haven't seen anyone mentioning this but apparently Baron Davis was at practice again on campus this week.  Somebody needs to give him a jersey for tomorrow afternoon.

njdave684 RT @RaabyRay: As anticipated Baron Davis has cleared waivers. He was again at practice with #stjbb, obviously in New York. All signs point to the Knicks.
He was on campus because with Rico Hines going down with the torn achilles we are having an open audition for walk on coaches so we can have them play in practice to get to a full 5 on 5 practice

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »

agree 100%

He was on campus because with Rico Hines going down with the torn achilles we are having an open audition for walk on coaches so we can have them play in practice to get to a full 5 on 5 practice

Hahaha.  Is Baron coming to Knicks? God I hope not

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »

agree 100%

Hahaha.  Is Baron coming to Knicks? God I hope not
Someone said something like that on the radio either today or yesterday. I like the Bibby add though

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
B-Diddy & the Knicks have mutual interest but is expected to be out 8-10 weeks with a bad back.

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
I was way off, St Johns is 12.5 favorites

desco80

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2011, 12:11:37 AM »
I like that he's working out in the gym with our players, that's got to be pretty cool for them.   

But Baron makes no sense for the knicks.  He's another guy who "needs his shots" to get into the flow of the game.   We have two of those already..

desco80

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2011, 12:13:01 AM »
I was way off, St Johns is 12.5 favorites

I know Fordham lost by 30 to Manhattan.   But is there ANYONE that feels comfortable taking us to win by 12 against a D1 school right now? 

This is a st johns board and it's going to be tough to find 5 guys willing to take the points.   

Poison

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
I think you guys aren't giving Pecora any credit. Look at his overall winning percentage at Hofstra. It was damn good. the year George Mason took out North Carolina, Michigan State and Uconn, Hofstra beat them 3 times, and won 28 games, and he didn't do that on anyone's coat tails because Loren Stokes, Carlos Rivera and Antoine Agudio were his finds.

All were better than any SJU player for a 7 year period.

At Fordham, he has shat the bed. No doubt about that, but seriously, given what you know about his history against us, are you really comfortable thinking that a group of freshman who just lost their only experienced backcourt starter is going to kill them?

I think thats nuts.

Re: Fordham - Game Thread
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
Dont mind the tru Fordham fan. Just mind the so-call STJ fans who roots for Fordham cause they still smartin over the fact he aint the STJ coach.

Just sayin is all.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

Re: Fordham - Game Thread
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »
Dont mind the tru Fordham fan. Just mind the so-call STJ fans who roots for Fordham cause they still smartin over the fact he aint the STJ coach.

Just sayin is all.
Dont mind the tru Fordham fan. Just mind the so-call STJ fans who roots for Fordham cause they still smartin over the fact
 he aint the STJ coach.

Just sayin is all.

Who in their right mind would take Pecora over Steve Lavin?

Giving Pecora some credit for a competitive run at Hofstra when he was left with very little isn't being a fan of his, it's being objective. A rare talent.