Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

paultzman

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2013, 08:46:07 AM »
If severe can't help us, then so be it.  Right now I'm just not exactly confident in our guard situation with Harrison seemingly up in the air and a backcourt that has a ton of difficulty both getting to the hoop and shooting.  Sanchez was a victory, but I'd hate to whiff in this recruiting class if we have real needs.  If there's nobody JT there that can help us, then so be it.

I watched a Providence team that has Council, Cotton, Dunn and looking forward, even with Harrison we'd only have one guard who can score like those 3.  Sanchez was a huge victory because we whiffed on Lawrence and I have no doubt Orlando will suit us better for one season. 

My question for those that know is whether it's Jordan or bust this season or are we heading into next season "as is" where we will likely have the same backcourt issues we had this season? 

If Harrison doesn't come back you think Lavin would throw the kitchen sink at a guard who can score?  Regardless of all the criticism I've given him lately even I know he would go after someone.  Not saying Severe but someone

Agree

MCNPA

« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:35 AM »
If severe can't help us, then so be it.  Right now I'm just not exactly confident in our guard situation with Harrison seemingly up in the air and a backcourt that has a ton of difficulty both getting to the hoop and shooting.  Sanchez was a victory, but I'd hate to whiff in this recruiting class if we have real needs.  If there's nobody JT there that can help us, then so be it.

I watched a Providence team that has Council, Cotton, Dunn and looking forward, even with Harrison we'd only have one guard who can score like those 3.  Sanchez was a huge victory because we whiffed on Lawrence and I have no doubt Orlando will suit us better for one season. 

My question for those that know is whether it's Jordan or bust this season or are we heading into next season "as is" where we will likely have the same backcourt issues we had this season? 

If Harrison doesn't come back you think Lavin would throw the kitchen sink at a guard who can score?  Regardless of all the criticism I've given him lately even I know he would go after someone.  Not saying Severe but someone

That's pretty nebulous.  It's pretty late in the process here.  I'm not doubting Lavin's recruiting ability.  I know he can recruit.  Personally not thrilled going into next season with our backcourt the way it is and Harrison uncertain.  Even si Harrison on board I think we could have used an injection of somebody who can actually get to the hoop.  That is something that neither Greene nor Harrison can do too well.

Moose

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »

That's pretty nebulous.  It's pretty late in the process here.  I'm not doubting Lavin's recruiting ability.  I know he can recruit.  Personally not thrilled going into next season with our backcourt the way it is and Harrison uncertain.  Even si Harrison on board I think we could have used an injection of somebody who can actually get to the hoop.  That is something that neither Greene nor Harrison can do too well.

Nebulous?
You don't get high karma for SAT words :)

Was it late in the recruiting season this time last year when we had what? 0 commits?  So you want to add another player to a crowded backcourt even WITH Harrison returning.  How do you plan on doing that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »

Nebulous?

Was it late in the recruiting season this time last year when we had what? 0 commits?  So you want to add another player to a crowded backcourt even WITH Harrison returning.  How do you plan on doing that?

Don't ask me.  Lavin planned on doing it having offered Jordan...

Moose

« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »

Nebulous?

Making room for a Top 30 kid is different than making room for any Tom Dick or Harry who plays guard.

Besides I think we have a ship to play with regardless.

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »

Nebulous?

Making room for a Top 30 kid is different than making room for any Tom Dick or Harry who plays guard.

Thoughts on Michael Dixon (formerly of Mizzou)?  Will have one year of eligibility but had some (serious) problems earlier this year.

paultzman

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »

Nebulous?

Thoughts on Michael Dixon (formerly of Mizzou)?  Will have one year of eligibility but had some (serious) problems earlier this year.

Nature of allegations, despite being legally cleared, would preclude that, especially in light of the Harrison problems IMO.

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »

Nebulous?

Nature of allegations, despite being legally cleared, would preclude that, especially in light of the Harrison problems IMO.
shame because a senior PG who can shoot the three and has big game experience would look great next to branch with our front line

Chilleb

« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »

Nebulous?

A guy by he name of Dwight hardy would have been thought of as Tom.dick or harry

Moose

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »

Nebulous?

A guy by he name of Dwight hardy would have been thought of as Tom.dick or harry

So lets bring back Norm to find more Dick's.

Chilleb

« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »

Nebulous?

If every one of Norms finds was that good I wouldn't mind,

Moose

« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »

Nebulous?

Hardy was also a JUCO.  Out of HS he didnt have much serious interest, no?

If we didn't have other guards collecting dust or in over their head I'd be all for it.  But we do.  So no go.

« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »
this thread might get longer than Baldi's Iona thread

Moose

« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:16 PM »
this thread might get longer than Baldi's Iona thread

No chance in hell

Chilleb

« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »

Nebulous?

Hardy was also a JUCO.  Out of HS he didnt have much serious interest, no?

If we didn't have other guards collecting dust or in over their head I'd be all for it.  But we do.  So no go.
That's the comparison I'm trying to make, underrated coming out of highschool, yet big game. I guess we will see. At this point anything on the wing is an upgrade.

« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:07 AM »
If we did grab a hardy type it could work.
They'd only be here 2-3 years.
They should be able to penetrate and set up own shot.
Should be able to knock down free throws.
Occasionally crash the boards.
Hit consistent from 3 pt range.
Have a low turnover to assist ratio.

paultzman

« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Christ the King's Jon Severe was at last night's Rutgers-Seton Hall game. Scarlet Knights coming on in his recruitment. #rhoops”

Chilleb

« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Christ the King's Jon Severe was at last night's Rutgers-Seton Hall game. Scarlet Knights coming on in his recruitment. #rhoops”
Shane rector, Mack, carter, seagers, severe ... Rutgers turning into guard U

paultzman

« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »

Just like us.

Chilleb

« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »

Just like us.
I wish paultz, Mack running point on our squad would have made a world of difference