Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies

pmg911

Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2012, 08:49:53 AM »
Theo - while you have a very valid point about Moe not making any money if he gets hurt you are being very naive to the entire situation.

« Reply #501 on: March 20, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »
People here are complaining about Moe and meanwhile Victor Rudd of USF declared.  Least he didn't hire an agent.

Victor Rudd's USF went 12-6 in the BE, and they won two tournament games. And he's a junior.

What difference does that make?  BTW-By any account USF played one of the weakest BE schedules.  How else does a team with a 12-6 BE record just barely sneak in to the NCAA's when teams with 10-8, 9-9 and even 8-10 routinely make the NCAA's?

But again what difference does that make?  Put Rudd in Rupp Arena or Cameron then put 15 NBA scouts in those arena's when USF plays them.  See what kind of performance he puts up then see if those scouts care about a 12-6 league record.

Some of you guys should separate your pro-SJU emotions from getting emotional over someone who you do not know and quite frankly over a 24 hour day think about maybe 2-3 minutes at the most.  This is not about Moe Harkless for most of you.  This is about SJU struggling this year and the worries that their best player is leaving early and now SJU may struggle again next year (I do not share that sentiment btw).  For selfish reasons many of you want him to stay so you now start inventing all of these reasons (as if he has not gone over all of them with his multitude of advisors) why he should stay.  Guys he's gone.  Relax.  SJU will be just fine.  See that smile on Lavin's face yesterday, he ain't worried.  Nor should you.

« Reply #502 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
People here are complaining about Moe and meanwhile Victor Rudd of USF declared.  Least he didn't hire an agent.

Victor Rudd's USF went 12-6 in the BE, and they won two tournament games. And he's a junior.

...and he'll likely be selected after Moe in the draft.

If at all.
Correct. That is a player who needs the extra year.  But Rudd's ups are sick.  I've seen his elbow above the rim on a couple of dunks during Beast play.  I think his consistency is one area of concern.

Poison

« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »

What difference does that make?  BTW-By any account USF played one of the weakest BE schedules.  How else does a team with a 12-6 BE record just barely sneak in to the NCAA's when teams with 10-8, 9-9 and even 8-10 routinely make the NCAA's?

But again what difference does that make?  Put Rudd in Rupp Arena or Cameron then put 15 NBA scouts in those arena's when USF plays them.  See what kind of performance he puts up then see if those scouts care about a 12-6 league record

Some of you guys should separate your pro-SJU emotions from getting emotional over someone who you do not know and quite frankly over a 24 hour day think about maybe 2-3 minutes at the most.  This is not about Moe Harkless for most of you.  This is about SJU struggling this year and the worries that their best player is leaving early and now SJU may struggle again next year (I do not share that sentiment btw).  For selfish reasons many of you want him to stay so you now start inventing all of these reasons (as if he has not gone over all of them with his multitude of advisors) why he should stay. 
Guys he's gone.  Relax.  SJU will be just fine.  See that smile on Lavin's face yesterday, he ain't worried.  Nor should you.

Rudd is a hell of a lot more ready than Harkless. Maybe you need to separate your emotions from common sense. Rudd tore us a new one. Harkless may have played a harder schedule, but let's forget that against almost all of those teams he bombed.

I hope he improves. I really do, but don't tell me that because Kentucky kicked our asses that Harkless is more prepared. If anything he's more prepared for a beat down.

Moose

« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »

But again what difference does that make?  Put Rudd in Rupp Arena or Cameron then put 15 NBA scouts in those arena's when USF plays them.  See what kind of performance he puts up then see if those scouts care about a 12-6 league record

Some of you guys should separate your pro-SJU emotions from getting emotional over someone who you do not know and quite frankly over a 24 hour day think about maybe 2-3 minutes at the most.  This is not about Moe Harkless for most of you.  This is about SJU struggling this year and the worries that their best player is leaving early and now SJU may struggle again next year (I do not share that sentiment btw).  For selfish reasons many of you want him to stay so you now start inventing all of these reasons (as if he has not gone over all of them with his multitude of advisors) why he should stay. 
Guys he's gone.  Relax.  SJU will be just fine.  See that smile on Lavin's face yesterday, he ain't worried.  Nor should you.

Rudd is a hell of a lot more ready than Harkless. Maybe you need to separate your emotions from common sense. Rudd tore us a new one. Harkless may have played a harder schedule, but let's forget that against almost all of those teams he bombed.

I hope he improves. I really do, but don't tell me that because Kentucky kicked our asses that Harkless is more prepared. If anything he's more prepared for a beat down.

Rudd is more ready than Harkless?
Rudd needs to get his passport in order if he stays in the draft.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:33:46 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:13 AM »

Seriously give it a rest.

May be you need to watch the SJU-Duke game and see Mr. Harkless tear Duke a new one.  You are a total fool and completely dishonest.  First you claim Rudd is coming off a 12-6 team as opposed to Harkless coming off a 6-12 team as a reason.  Now you claim that Rudd tore us up, a 6-12 team that finished 13-19.

So let me get this straight, you are more impressed with Rudd ripping up a 13-19 team then you are Harkless tearing up a 27-5 perrenial power team?  In other words you will say and do anything to try to keep a losing argument going even when it contradicts what you said earlier.

Harkless won Rookie of the Year, did Rudd win an award?  And who said Rudd is making a mistake?  I didn't.  I just love how you try to justify your ridiculous arguments with more ridiculous arguments.  Just tell me how Roy Williams and Bill Self are overrated.  Less true but more entertaining.

I love how you are an NBA scout now as well.  What will you do if Harkless is drafted higher then Rudd, whose opinion should Harkless believe, yours or and NBA scout?

I think Kansas and UNC should fire both coaches because you say so.

I think I made my point.

« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

Rudd is a hell of a lot more ready than Harkless. Maybe you need to separate your emotions from common sense. Rudd tore us a new one. Harkless may have played a harder schedule, but let's forget that against almost all of those teams he bombed. .......

LOL look at the teams he played his great games against.  Whats the common theme of all those games?? Those teams we played against played MAN TO MAN DEFENSE. 

And what defense is played in the NBA?? MAN TO MAN.  Moe struggled against zone defenses at times this year.  That will not at all be a worry in the NBA.  What players do against man-to-man defenses mean a whole lot more to NBA scouts than what they do against zone.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »
So Fordham, if I'm a fool than Jim Boeheim is a fool as well? Is that right? You do realize that you just lost this argument about a 100 times over?

pmg911

« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »
And what defense is played in the NBA?? MAN TO MAN.

They play plenty of zone defense in the NBA these days

pmg911

« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »
See that smile on Lavin's face yesterday, he ain't worried.

He was smiling because he would not have to deal with a certain "handler" anymore.

mkras99

« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »
Last pick of the first round (30th overall) in Chad Ford's first mock draft for ESPN:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7712831/nba-mock-draft-version-1

Poison

« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
Last pick of the first round (30th overall) in Chad Ford's first mock draft for ESPN:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7712831/nba-mock-draft-version-1

Which = far from a lock. Fordham? Theo? Here's an objective viewpoint? Call him a fool Fordham. Oh wait, you already have.

« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »

Here what Chad had to say about him:

Analysis: Harkless reminds me a little of Trevor Ariza. He is a terrific scorer and defender who needs to get a more settled jump shot. Although the Bulls need a shooter, Harkless would be tough to pass up here if he's still on the board.

Hopefully he goes much higher than 30 and going to the Bulls would be a disaster IMO. Not much playing time on that team for him.

« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »

He was smiling because he would not have to deal with a certain "handler" anymore.

Right.  I cannot believe some of you are serious with this stuff.

« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
I'd like my response to the actuality of Moe leaving for the pros to be duly noted.  Since it was previosly presumptively postulated by a persistantly petulant poster that upon Moe's hypothetical departure, me/we would respond with a similiarly venomous outrage as Nuri's quitting justly received.  Apples and oranges my friends.

Dear Maurice,

Best of luck to you in the league and always.  Your aesthetically pleasing, seemingly effortless, silky smooth style will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN by your legion of adoring fans.  Your uniquely sublime skill set was an absolute joy to behold.  You were a gazelle forced to battle down low with water buffaloes on a personnel challenged team with no head coach, yet your light shone brightly through the fog.  You never wavered and came back for more, 40 minute night after night after night.  When you severely sprained your ankle late in the season,  there was never a question that through sheer force of will,tape, advil and ice,  you would play at way less than full stregnth because that is what the team and situation demanded.  While D'lo complained and argued about every single call the entire season,  you complained and argued about none.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this season and for making the at the time very difficult choice of St. John's University.

Very fondly and appreciatively,
Carmine

« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

Far from the truth
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »
I'd like my response to the actuality of Moe leaving for the pros to be duly noted.  Since it was previosly presumptively postulated by a persistantly petulant poster that upon Moe's hypothetical departure, me/we would respond with a similiarly venomous outrage as Nuri's quitting justly received.  Apples and oranges my friends.

Dear Maurice,

Best of luck to you in the league and always.  Your aesthetically pleasing, seemingly effortless, silky smooth style will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN by your legion of adoring fans.  Your uniquely sublime skill set was an absolute joy to behold.  You were a gazelle forced to battle down low with water buffaloes on a personnel challenged team with no head coach, yet your light shone brightly through the fog.  You never wavered and came back for more, 40 minute night after night after night.  When you severely sprained your ankle late in the season,  there was never a question that through sheer force of will,tape, advil and ice,  you would play at way less than full stregnth because that is what the team and situation demanded.  While D'lo complained and argued about every single call the entire season,  you complained and argued about none.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this season and for making the at the time very difficult choice of St. John's University.

Very fondly and appreciatively,
Carmine

Damn Carmine that was poetic.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:51 PM »

Which = far from a lock. Fordham? Theo? Here's an objective viewpoint? Call him a fool Fordham. Oh wait, you already have.

Where did I say he was a lock?  You speak like an expert and you also speak like you have his best interest in mind.  You are and have neither.

Your opinion means nothing and you contradict yourself.  My point with Moe and the USF player was not to suggest either is ready or both are ready but your arguments accepting one and dismissing the other smells of someone who clearly is digging a hole and cannot get out of it.

I said he could probably use another year but I cannot argue with what he was doing.  Seriously do not respond to any of my posts because not only do you not have a clue with what you are talking about but you clearly don't have a clue with what I am talking about. 

« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »

Far from the truth

No clue Dave.  They have no clue.

Poison

« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »

Far from the truth

No clue Dave.  They have no clue.

Boeheim - no clue. Chad Ford - no clue. Hmm. Right as usual Fordham.