Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies
Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
Right, PMG is talking about Lavin's reaction at the press conference and that is the same as Boeheim commenting on Harkless and Chad Ford speculating on where he will land.  Again everyone who makes that connection stand on your head.

Not to mention I am neither endorsing nor disputing Chad Ford or anyone else's mock draft nor saying one is better then the other.

Literally, no clue.  None.  If anyone had any doubt please look at what I wrote and the various responses.

Ich bin ein Berliner
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:36:08 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2012, 01:35:36 PM »
I'd like my response to the actuality of Moe leaving for the pros to be duly noted.  Since it was previosly presumptively postulated by a persistantly petulant poster that upon Moe's hypothetical departure, me/we would respond with a similiarly venomous outrage as Nuri's quitting justly received.  Apples and oranges my friends.

Dear Maurice,

Best of luck to you in the league and always.  Your aesthetically pleasing, seemingly effortless, silky smooth style will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN by your legion of adoring fans.  Your uniquely sublime skill set was an absolute joy to behold.  You were a gazelle forced to battle down low with water buffaloes on a personnel challenged team with no head coach, yet your light shone brightly through the fog.  You never wavered and came back for more, 40 minute night after night after night.  When you severely sprained your ankle late in the season,  there was never a question that through sheer force of will,tape, advil and ice,  you would play at way less than full stregnth because that is what the team and situation demanded.  While D'lo complained and argued about every single call the entire season,  you complained and argued about none.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this season and for making the at the time very difficult choice of St. John's University.

Very fondly and appreciatively,
Carmine

Damn Carmine that was poetic.

Thanks Dave.  I'm in the market for a new favorite player.

« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
See that smile on Lavin's face yesterday, he ain't worried.

He was smiling because he would not have to deal with a certain "handler" anymore.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL that's why he's going for Lenny Kadisha right?? Also one of Nate's kids.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

boo3

« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
 I can't see how Nate is anything but a friend and great resource for St. John's basketball. 

Of course i don't know him personally, but he seems to be a friend of the program.  Is there any evidence to the contrary?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:52:00 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
I'd like my response to the actuality of Moe leaving for the pros to be duly noted.  Since it was previosly presumptively postulated by a persistantly petulant poster that upon Moe's hypothetical departure, me/we would respond with a similiarly venomous outrage as Nuri's quitting justly received.  Apples and oranges my friends.

Dear Maurice,

Best of luck to you in the league and always.  Your aesthetically pleasing, seemingly effortless, silky smooth style will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN by your legion of adoring fans.  Your uniquely sublime skill set was an absolute joy to behold.  You were a gazelle forced to battle down low with water buffaloes on a personnel challenged team with no head coach, yet your light shone brightly through the fog.  You never wavered and came back for more, 40 minute night after night after night.  When you severely sprained your ankle late in the season,  there was never a question that through sheer force of will,tape, advil and ice,  you would play at way less than full strength because that is what the team and situation demanded.  While D'lo complained and argued about every single call the entire season,  you complained and argued about none.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this season and for making the at the time very difficult choice of St. John's University.

Very fondly and appreciatively,
Carmine
Carmine - you must have majored in English because you love alliteration - well done  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:57:06 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #525 on: March 20, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
Of course PMG doesn't like Nate...Nate is helping St. John's and has been an asset to St. John's and not his boys at Seton Hall...I'm sure those guys at Seton Hall don't like Nate helping his players get better prepared for the NBA by going to St. John's versus Seton Hall

« Reply #526 on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
why the hate for PMG? Hes a st johns fan and knowledgeable at that
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

NYCoffey

« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »
Here is a nice article outlining the new rules as far as undergrads going into the draft. Most of the stuff has been stated before, but this lays it out pretty good.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Testing-the-NBA-Draft-Waters-in-2012-3869

tnice

« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Austin Rivers of Duke declaring for the draft. Thats one more that will go ahead of Moe.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/austin-rivers-to-declare-for-the-nba-draft/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:32:56 AM by tnice »

Poison

« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
Austin Rivers of Duke declaring for the draft. Thats one more that will go ahead of Moe.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/austin-rivers-to-declare-for-the-nba-draft/

You have to question his advisor. Why hire an agent now? What's the point? If every Austin Rivers goes pro he could slip to the 2nd round.

pmg911

« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
Of course PMG doesn't like Nate...Nate is helping St. John's and has been an asset to St. John's and not his boys at Seton Hall...I'm sure those guys at Seton Hall don't like Nate helping his players get better prepared for the NBA by going to St. John's versus Seton Hall

Nate is helping Nate and please don't think it is anything more then that.

For all of you guys that think I am a closet Seton Hall fan you are really dbags of the highest order. I do cheer for Seton Hall and I get excited to see a local Catholic school have success. My Father graduated from SHU Class of 55, played baseball there and I attended Xavier HS in Manhattan with PJ Carlesimo's younger brother Cory.

You guys don't like some of the things I post that are not RAH RAH RAH St. John's but they are honest and truthful. I have lived thru and witnessed every high and low of the program since I am a little kid. My Father gave me season tickets as a graduation present from college because that is what I asked for, he offered a car and I took two years of season tickets to St. John's. I have VERY close personal friends that have played basketball and baseball for the school and I have VERY close personal friends that currently work for the school.

The people that know me on this board will never ever question my loyalty to St. John's and they also know that I don't post about 80% of the stuff I know that is going on with the program.

But hey - Fordham96 doesn't think I know what I am talking about.

desco80

« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
Most people expected Rivers to come out so I don't think that pushes Moe down in the draft.

But you're right, if some of the unexpected freshmen declare, like Teague, Zeller from Indiana etc.    Then Moe might be in some trouble. 

« Reply #532 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »

Nate is helping Nate and please don't think it is anything more then that.

For all of you guys that think I am a closet Seton Hall fan you are really dbags of the highest order. I do cheer for Seton Hall and I get excited to see a local Catholic school have success. My Father graduated from SHU Class of 55, played baseball there and I attended Xavier HS in Manhattan with PJ Carlesimo's younger brother Cory.

You guys don't like some of the things I post that are not RAH RAH RAH St. John's but they are honest and truthful. I have lived thru and witnessed every high and low of the program since I am a little kid. My Father gave me season tickets as a graduation present from college because that is what I asked for, he offered a car and I took two years of season tickets to St. John's. I have VERY close personal friends that have played basketball and baseball for the school and I have VERY close personal friends that currently work for the school.

The people that know me on this board will never ever question my loyalty to St. John's and they also know that I don't post about 80% of the stuff I know that is going on with the program.

But hey - Fordham96 doesn't think I know what I am talking about.
Have to question your IQ. Choosing 2 years of season tickets over a car. You could have bought your own season tickets. Either your IQ is low or your father is very cheap and you knew he would have bought you a sh$t car. :)

Marillac

« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
why the hate for PMG? Hes a st johns fan and knowledgeable at that

Agreed. PMG is one of the best.

I disagree a little with his take on Nate.  I think Nate Blue is very good for St. John's, and I hope Nate and Lav keep their relationship going strong.  Nate knows talent and that cannot be argued by anyone. 

pmg911

« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Have to question your IQ. Choosing 2 years of season tickets over a car. You could have bought your own season tickets. Either your IQ is low or your father is very cheap and you knew he would have bought you a sh$t car.

Some calls YOU out for being a dbag you take a cheap shot at my Father, you proved me right immediately.

« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
Have to question your IQ. Choosing 2 years of season tickets over a car. You could have bought your own season tickets. Either your IQ is low or your father is very cheap and you knew he would have bought you a sh$t car.

Some calls YOU out for being a dbag you take a cheap shot at my Father, you proved me right immediately.
You forgot my smiley face. I was just joking. No offense intended. If you took it that way I am sorry. If you read most of my latest posts I am just funning with some people.

« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »
Celts, I think most of us saw it and knew you were joking.  PMG's been hypersensitive and hyper-aggressive lately.   Must be the downfall of BEB hitting him even harder than we thought it would.  I'm just kidding Pat.  Oh, and yes, even so I am a dbag. ; )

« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Celts, I think most of us saw it and knew you were joking.  PMG's been hypersensitive and hyper-aggressive lately.   Must be the downfall of BEB hitting him even harder than we thought it would.  I'm just kidding Pat.  Oh, and yes, even so I am a dbag. ; )
Thanks cranker. It is upsetting enough to get into arguments with people when you mean to but when you don't it is quite disconcerting. PS The guy who called me a dbag had my post all wrong also. Sometimes I think it is a generational thing as most posters seem to be much younger and things seem to get lost in the translation. I too misconstrue things posted by others on occasion.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:25:14 PM by Celtics11 »

pmg911

« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
Lets all have a great weekend and get some good recruiting news next week.

Tha Kid

« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
Poison.  Austin Rivers' Dad is the Boston Celtics head coach (if you didn't know).  Are you serious by suggesting Austin Rivers has an "advisor"?  If anyone has a handle on where they will be selected in the NBA draft and what life will be like, it's Austin.  He'll be a top 15 pick.  And I guarantee the Celtics are praying he goes before them because it's not good for anyone, Doc or Austin, if Austin plays for Doc, IMO.
"I drink and I know things"