• 982 replies

ras

Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
Chris McCullough ‏ @_TeamMccullough n
Moe Harkless going to the #League #Letsgooo

Moe harkless going to the league that's what's up! #nystandup
Retweeted by Chris McCullough

Whoever has mentioned this will be huge for recruiting is dead on.

If McCullough moves up to 13, getting him and Lawrence is making me weak in the knees.
+1

« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »
Thought when NBA made new rule that you had to wait one year after your high school graduation class it also reqired you to be 19 years of age? Anyway good luck and goodbye Mo, we hardly new ya.

Moose

« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
Thought when NBA made new rule that you had to wait one year after your high school graduation class it also reqired you to be 19 years of age? Anyway good luck and goodbye Mo, we hardly new ya.

It was one or the other.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »
Really love the way posters are ripping his decision.

Stay classy folks.

If Harkless blew out his knee next year or played horrible for some reason he would be kicking himself for the rest of his life. ....

If he blew out his knee next year and had chose to stay in college he would HAVE NOOOOO MONEY!!!!   Now at least he would have money!!! *facepalm*
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Marillac

« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
Good luck, Moe! We're all behind you.  Some guys are just a little upset you weren't around longer that's all. 

LJSA

« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
We'll have a much better record next season, although things won't quite feel the same without him.

Regardless of whatever flaws his still-developing game has, the kid was a flat-out stud for us.

LJSA

« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »

Stay classy folks.

If Harkless blew out his knee next year or played horrible for some reason he would be kicking himself for the rest of his life. ....

If he blew out his knee next year and had chose to stay in college he would HAVE NOOOOO MONEY!!!!   Now at least he would have money!!! *facepalm*

I'm not pissed at him at all, but if he tears his ACL during a workout for an NBA team, he has no money. Injuries can happen anywhere.

Gumby

« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »
I guess we will have to accept that early departures will be a routine element with Coach Lavin and his recruitment.  Going 11 years between early departures is not a good indicator for any high profile school now days.

It probably helps Coach in recruiting players for the same position.  Case in point the SG position!  None of us know how long D'A will be with us, but it probably will not be for the own standard of four years.  Recruits are aware that playing time will be available due to kids going pro early.  Just look at the schools like UK, NC and Duke.

We all would love to see Moe play that second year, but it is what it is.  A short term loss, but perhaps a long term gain.

Have a great pro career, Moe.

« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »

Stay classy folks.

I'm not pissed at him at all, but if he tears his ACL during a workout for an NBA team, he has no money. Injuries can happen anywhere.

How would that stop him from being successful inside or outside the league OR earning a degree if he so choose to?  Injuries can happen anywhere, but timeing is everything. 

« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
You would much rather be hurt AFTER you sign your pro contract and you get your money.  Ask Greg Oden, if he stayed 1 or 2 more years he would've been in much worse shape financially.  Ask Robbie Hummel, I bet he now wishes he went pro 2 years ago, even if that pro career was in Europe I bet his offers would've been much higher then than they will be at the end of this year.  Hell, ask DJ Kennedy.  I bet overseas offers would've been far better if he came out after junior year than they were after his injury last year.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
I will always love Moe's commitment to St. John's. He chose us and started the process of legitimacy and through everything that happened, he did not waiver and continued to play hard.

Hope he doesnt go to a rival of the Knicks so I dont have to hate him.

« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
Moe got the ball rolling for us in recruiting. Doesn't matter how long he played here he will always be one of us now.

Best of luck Moe and I hope you go real high in the draft and more importantly have a great NBA career

Moose

« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
People here are complaining about Moe and meanwhile Victor Rudd of USF declared.  Least he didn't hire an agent.

« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
Nate trying to get Moe Harkless trending on twitter again.  LOL.  He's retweeting like crazy right now! gotta love his dedication to his boy.

« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2012, 02:11:29 AM »
Draftexpress said they knew he would turn pro since the being of this year & I though it was the Duke/ Providence  game which catapulted him into stardom. I wonder how they knew that?!?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:12 AM »
I wish Moe Harkless good luck and I want to thank him for his work.

I am sure that he will make the same thing in the NBA than in St. John´s: We will be very proud for him.

« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:32 AM »
Chris McCullough ‏ @_TeamMccullough n
Moe Harkless going to the #League #Letsgooo

Moe harkless going to the league that's what's up! #nystandup
Retweeted by Chris McCullough

Whoever has mentioned this will be huge for recruiting is dead on.

If McCullough moves up to 13, getting him and Lawrence is making me weak in the knees.
+1
+2

Poison

« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
People here are complaining about Moe and meanwhile Victor Rudd of USF declared.  Least he didn't hire an agent.

Victor Rudd's USF went 12-6 in the BE, and they won two tournament games. And he's a junior.

DFF6

« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »

Victor Rudd's USF went 12-6 in the BE, and they won two tournament games. And he's a junior.

...and he'll likely be selected after Moe in the draft.

Moose

« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »

...and he'll likely be selected after Moe in the draft.

If at all.