Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies

dR3w

Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #540 on: March 23, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
Poison.  Austin Rivers' Dad is the Boston Celtics head coach (if you didn't know).  Are you serious by suggesting Austin Rivers has an "advisor"?  If anyone has a handle on where they will be selected in the NBA draft and what life will be like, it's Austin.  He'll be a top 15 pick.  And I guarantee the Celtics are praying he goes before them because it's not good for anyone, Doc or Austin, if Austin plays for Doc, IMO.

I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to Moe's Advisors, since more players declaring for the draft could push Moe into the second round.  (Their speculation, not mine).

desco80

« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
Lets all have a great weekend and get some good recruiting news next week.

Cheers to that!

« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »

Amen.

sju89tr

« Reply #543 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »

PMG have a great weekend my friend. /Talk to you soon.

Poison

« Reply #544 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »
Poison.  Austin Rivers' Dad is the Boston Celtics head coach (if you didn't know).  Are you serious by suggesting Austin Rivers has an "advisor"?  If anyone has a handle on where they will be selected in the NBA draft and what life will be like, it's Austin.  He'll be a top 15 pick.  And I guarantee the Celtics are praying he goes before them because it's not good for anyone, Doc or Austin, if Austin plays for Doc, IMO.

Moe not Austin.

Tha Kid

« Reply #545 on: March 24, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »
My bad.  Was confused.   I agree re moe.

Moe not Austin.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #546 on: March 28, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
Take it for what it's worth...

Chad Ford's Mock Draft 2.0 that came out earlier today has Moe going to Golden State at pick #27

« Reply #547 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
I'd like my response to the actuality of Moe leaving for the pros to be duly noted.  Since it was previosly presumptively postulated by a persistantly petulant poster that upon Moe's hypothetical departure, me/we would respond with a similiarly venomous outrage as Nuri's quitting justly received.  Apples and oranges my friends.

Dear Maurice,

Best of luck to you in the league and always.  Your aesthetically pleasing, seemingly effortless, silky smooth style will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN by your legion of adoring fans.  Your uniquely sublime skill set was an absolute joy to behold.  You were a gazelle forced to battle down low with water buffaloes on a personnel challenged team with no head coach, yet your light shone brightly through the fog.  You never wavered and came back for more, 40 minute night after night after night.  When you severely sprained your ankle late in the season,  there was never a question that through sheer force of will,tape, advil and ice,  you would play at way less than full strength because that is what the team and situation demanded.  While D'lo complained and argued about every single call the entire season,  you complained and argued about none.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this season and for making the at the time very difficult choice of St. John's University.

Very fondly and appreciatively,
Carmine
Carmine - you must have majored in English because you love alliteration - well done  ;)

Me?  Mostly majored mainly in marketing and management.

boo3

« Reply #548 on: March 29, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
 Barnes, Henson, and Marshall all going pro. Suspect all three go in round 1. 

Poison

« Reply #549 on: March 29, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
Take it for what it's worth...

Chad Ford's Mock Draft 2.0 that came out earlier today has Moe going to Golden State at pick #27

I've seen such positive thinking surrounding the #27 pick in the draft. Most people have stopped watching by then.

TONYD3

« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »
#27 sounds kind of scary. Any chance he can come back to us

paultzman

« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »

Nada

Poison

« Reply #552 on: March 29, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
There are former SJ's players (pros, and I mean good ones) who think this decision is ridiculous. Are they all fools?

« Reply #553 on: March 29, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
don't worry - no way The
Nets pass Moe at number 16.  He's at 22 with Clips on Draft Express.  I don't give an S, I would pass on any guys that have shown any bit of character issues up until now.  My armchair GM would want to avoid guys that are not team guys.  Moe has shown that in buckets, and is a good character guy too.

boo3

« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
don't worry - no way The
Nets pass Moe at number 16.  He's at 22 with Clips on Draft Express.  I don't give an S, I would pass on any guys that have shown any bit of character issues up until now.  My armchair GM would want to avoid guys that are not team guys.  Moe has shown that in buckets, and is a good character guy too.

You think the Nets, who are trying to fill a new building and have sucked forever, as well as desperately trying to convince Deron Williams to stay. will take Moe at 16 if he's on the board?   Moe is a still a project and will not start or play that much for at least a year.  Then again, it's the Nets , so anything is possible. 

Lots of kids coming out this year.  This isn't a news flash though. We all knew that this class would be stacked with talent and so did Moe and his advisors.  If it were me, i would have waited, at least, till now  and possibly into next week to get a better a handle on who was declaring.  Oh well.  best of luck. 

« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
]don't worry - no way The
[/quote]

You think the Nets, who are trying to fill a new building and have sucked forever, as well as desperately trying to convince Deron Williams to stay. will take Moe at 16 if he's on the board?   Moe is a still a project and will not start or play that much for at least a year.  Then again, it's the Nets , so anything is possible. 

Lots of kids coming out this year.  This isn't a news flash though. We all knew that this class would be stacked with talent and so did Moe and his advisors.  If it were me, i would have waited, at least, till now  and possibly into next week to get a better a handle on who was declaring.  Oh well.  best of luck. 
[/quote]

if he stayed another year, like i personally think he should have, where do you project him going in the 2013 draft?

« Reply #556 on: March 29, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
]don't worry - no way The

if he stayed another year, like i personally think he should have, where do you project him going in the 2013 draft?
on the Draft Express board, I would have projected Moe around 10-12, barring the unforeseen Euro popping up.

« Reply #557 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
don't worry - no way The

Did Mo draw huge throngs to MSG to watch him play. What makes you think he would draw fans to watch him maybe get some PT with the Nets?

boo3

« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
 Staying one more year.

High end-  #5

Low end- #12
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:15:21 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »
Definitely seems like coming out early is going to be a mistake for him. Why didn't he wait as long as he could to declare for the draft to see how the rest of the class looked? Seemed like he rushed it a bit when he had up until 4/10 to make his decision. Moe's a smart kid though and I'm sure if he gets drafted later than he expects, he'll use it as motivation in the NBA.