2012/2013 Schedule

• 222 replies
Re: 2012/2013 Schedule
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
OK, a little sense to the madness.    The school posted the official schedule, it appears that UCONN game was a typo.
UCONN is at MSG, but so are both Rutgers and Seton Hall

Depaul and USF are the only on campus BE games.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/schedule/schedule.pdf

Yup, mildly surprised.  I guessed the DePaul, USF games at Carnesecca but I also guessed probably SHU and RU too.

Yea, been awhile since we've played Rutgers or Seton Hall at the garden, no?   

I remember Paris dropping 27 on rutgers at the Garden. He was something like 10 for 11 from the field
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »
OK, a little sense to the madness.    The school posted the official schedule, it appears that UCONN game was a typo.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/schedule/schedule.pdf

Yup, mildly surprised.  I guessed the DePaul, USF games at Carnesecca but I also guessed probably SHU and RU too.

I remember Paris dropping 27 on rutgers at the Garden. He was something like 10 for 11 from the field

That was at Carnessecca.   His sophomore year I think?   

desco80

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

Called this one awhile back.  Had a feeling we would see only 2 CA games. 

Would have been funny if we had Cuse at home and that game was listed as CA.  Imagine the celebration on our end and the uproar on theirs :)

This board would have exploded.   It would be straight chaos here if they announced we had a home game on campus against 'Cuse.   

pmg911

« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »
I would have thought they gave a Garden game to either SHU or Rutgers, certainly not both.

I think its a good sign and Lavin doesn't view either as recruiting rival. Norm was going after the same players as those guys were and never wanted to play them at MSG.

« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »

It was at MSG.  It was a double header with I think Manhattan-Iona.

Poison

« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

Nope. MSG.

« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »

Yup, January 2009.  There were maybe 5K people there.

« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

Yup, January 2009.  There were maybe 5K people there.

Here is the game recap.  I remember it because it is the day after my son was born and I remember being in the hospital looking the score up on my phone.

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/012409aaa.html

« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »

Yea it was his sophomore year but im pretty positive it was at the Garden
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Why the heck are we playing an 11 AM game at MSG.  I'm glad that these stupid game times will go away once the Big East leaves ESPN.

redslope

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
Why the heck are we playing an 11 AM game at MSG.  I'm glad that these stupid game times will go away once the Big East leaves ESPN.

TV, TV, TV

Moose

« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »

Guessing mix between ESPN, the Garden having something later in the day, and also probably NFL games that day and thinking might be 11am won't interfere with NFL games aka maybe more people.

But I agree.  Noon games are a snoozefest and pain in the ass as is.  11am is worse.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

Guessing mix between ESPN, the Garden having something later in the day, and also probably NFL games that day and thinking might be 11am won't interfere with NFL games aka maybe more people.

But I agree.  Noon games are a snoozefest and pain in the ass as is.  11am is worse.

Check the BE schedule, there are a couple of 11 AM games.  I just think it is a scheduling quirk.

You did say split was 7-2.  I thought history and schedule makeup would be 5-4 maybe 6-3(I could go either way on Rutgers since I think they will be at least an NIT team this year).  But SHU, no f'ing way.  Have no idea why they are an MSG game.

NYCoffey

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
I guess they think all crime will stop in the city if they play Seton Hall at the Garden. If Carr makes it to campus.

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
I guess they think all crime will stop in the city if they play Seton Hall at the Garden. If Carr makes it to campus.

Carr wouldn't factor since he is next year at best.

BTW-They threw UCONN a bone.  Probably again because of history.  But UCONN and Louisville officially open Big Monday on 1/14.  There is a Monday BE/ESPN game before that, 1/7.  But Big Monday is specifically Bilas/Raftery/McDonough doing the game. 

Moose

« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »

Check the BE schedule, there are a couple of 11 AM games.  I just think it is a scheduling quirk.

You did say split was 7-2.  I thought history and schedule makeup would be 5-4 maybe 6-3(I could go either way on Rutgers since I think they will be at least an NIT team this year).  But SHU, no f'ing way.  Have no idea why they are an MSG game.

Didn't look at the other schools schedules.  Guess its all TV then.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

Yea it was his sophomore year but im pretty positive it was at the Garden

You guys are all right... I apologize 'Mase.

I couldn't remember the game, and when I looked it up ESPN said it was in Queens.  http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290242599
My fault for doubting you.   

kob24

« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
Ummm I'm a little lost when is the duke and ucla games

« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
Ummm I'm a little lost when is the duke and ucla games

I'm pretty sure there are none this year.

« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2012, 01:23:35 AM »
I would have thought they gave a Garden game to either SHU or Rutgers, certainly not both.

I think its a good sign and Lavin doesn't view either as recruiting rival. Norm was going after the same players as those guys were and never wanted to play them at MSG.

At time I think it was distinct advantage to play at CA to actually have a home court crowd where as an empty and 30-40% away crowd.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle