Harkless Update from ESPN

• 130 replies

Marillac

Re: Harkless Update from ESPN
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »
Where are those who questioned him coming out?

I really think Moe could have been the #1 overall choice this year.  WEAK draft...I've never seen one this weak at the top.  Moe is 6'8 1/2....could have really broken out this year.  The flipside is that if he didn't get much better, the exta year on his age would have significantly lowered his ceiling in scouts eyes. 

He's in a very good situation right now in Orlando.

Of course you would.

Yeah he could have been Porter.
And he could have snapped his leg.

Of course I would?

Of course you thought he would be #1 pick this year.

I didn't think that then...I think that now after seeing how weak this year's crop is and taking into account Moe's success in the league. 

Still think Quincy miller will be the better pro? ;)

Hahaha it's not looking good now, but Denver has the fourth best record in the league at 54-24 and four of its top five scorers are SF's, so it was a pretty bad sitution for Miller to walk into.  Orlando is God-awful and, at best, they are they second worse team in the league at 20-59!! 

I love Moe, but there is no way he'd be playing any minutes on a team that has Iguodala, Galinari, Wilson Chandler, and Corey Brewer.  They all average over 12 ppg.   

Very good point regarding the opportunity that moe is getting. I've always thought that there are plenty of players who would succeed if given the chance, especially at the pro level, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time and having a coach who believes in you. Looks like moe has really hit the lotto in regards to that.

Nevertheless I still think moe would have been, and still will be, the better pro out of the two.

It's looking that way right now.  Miller desperately needs 25 pounds of muscle. 

Moose

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
Doug Collins isn't coming back next year.
All because PHI traded Harkless ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »

Lilliard named NBA rookie of the year.  No problem with that.    But Mo not getting a single vote is just plain silly - #7 scorer, #8 rebounder , #9 steals among NBA rookies.   

SJUFAN

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »

Lilliard named NBA rookie of the year.  No problem with that.    But Mo not getting a single vote is just plain silly - #7 scorer, #8 rebounder , #9 steals among NBA rookies.   

When you put it in those terms.....seems about right. If he didn't finish in the top five in any significant category, why do you believe he should have?

Marillac

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »

When you put it in those terms.....seems about right. If he didn't finish in the top five in any significant category, why do you believe he should have?

LOL That is what I was thinking as well. 

crgreen

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »

LOL That is what I was thinking as well.

Sorry - meant to post the list of those getting votes.   The absense of Mo becomes more glaring when you see who DID get slight consideration.....

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
Chris Copeland?  See what you mean CRG.

Tha Kid

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
Moe missed the All-Rookie Second Team by 1 point (Tyler Zeller) and 3 points (Kyle Singler).  Every "prediction" I had seen had him as cleanly on the 2nd Team.  Disappointing - feel like he got robbed.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/14/all-rookie-team-official-release/
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »
Moe missed the All-Rookie Second Team by 1 point (Tyler Zeller) and 3 points (Kyle Singler).  Every "prediction" I had seen had him as cleanly on the 2nd Team.  Disappointing - feel like he got robbed.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/14/all-rookie-team-official-release/

Looking at the teams I would object to Singler and Zeller.  Feel Moe deserved over them.  The others I can see why not.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
The Orlando Magic have exercised their third-year team option on the contracts of forward Maurice Harkless and Andrew Nicholson, while also exercising their fourth-year team option on the contracts of Tobias Harris and Nikola Vučević, General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today.

All four players are now under contract through the 2014-15 season.

Harkless (6-9, 220, 5/11/93) played in 76 games (59 starts) during his rookie campaign (2012-13) with Orlando, averaging 8.2 ppg., 4.4 rpg. and 1.16 stlpg. in 26.0 minpg. He ranked sixth in the NBA in steals-to-turnover ratio (1.28, 88/69) and 40th in steals. Harkless also ranked among all NBA rookies in scoring (11th), rebounding (9th), field goal percentage (8th, .461), steals (2nd) and blocked shots (8th, 0.82 blkpg.). He was acquired by Orlando as part of a four-team, 12-player trade on Aug. 10, 2012, along with Vučević. Harkless was originally selected in the first round (15th overall) of the 2012 NBA Draft by Philadelphia.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=14658#ixzz2irEqgijB
Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=14658#yK2uYivOdU32y2EA.99

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
20 points, 8 rebounds and 4 steals in 27 minutes tonight
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:15:34 PM by Redstormy80 »