Holy Cross - Game Discussion

• 140 replies
Holy Cross - Game Discussion
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »
Their leading scorer is Justin Burrell?  We should win easily.   ;)

Poison

Re: Holy Cross - Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 04:59:41 PM »
Holy Cross is pretty good. They beat ODU. I think they'll put up a good fight, but we'll hang on.

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
Bob Cousy 62
Frank Alagia 71

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
Holy Cross is pretty good. They beat ODU. I think they'll put up a good fight, but we'll hang on.

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

Not bursting with over confidence here.  Was there last year when we were life or death to beat Lehigh.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
83-68 us.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

Not bursting with over confidence here.  Was there last year when we were life or death to beat Lehigh.
[/quote

Try Texas. Texas Pan-Am that is. Losing the entire game. Harrison got hot.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »
STJ 75
HC 60
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
I think well blow them out. Amir gets ten boards. Dom and Jakarr combine for 5 dunks. Marco hits a 3 AND gets a dunk and I call him the next Rudy Fernandez, sorry WASJU, and its a fun night.

I played against Jordan Stevens from Holly Cross in HS. I'm excited to see him play.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
I think well blow them out. Amir gets ten boards. Dom and Jakarr combine for 5 dunks. Marco hits a 3 AND gets a dunk and I call him the next Rudy Fernandez, sorry WASJU, and its a fun night.

I played against Jordan Stevens from Holly Cross in HS. I'm excited to see him play.

I only made my prediction based on their win over ODU. Do you know anything about their top players? Is Stevens good?

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

Try Texas. Texas Pan-Am that is. Losing the entire game. Harrison got hot.

I know.  I was also there when we were life or death to beat Texas Pan-Am.  College bball is a world of upsets and parity.  Teams don't lay down when they see your jerserys.  Texas got spanked by Chaminade yesterday.   :2funny:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:53:31 AM by carmineabbatiello »

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

I think so too after coming off 2 tough losses. At home, we won't wilt down the stretch and I think Lavin uses his entire bench more against lesser competition. Would like to see what Felix can do in longer stretches.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »

I only made my prediction based on their win over ODU. Do you know anything about their top players? Is Stevens good?

Don't know much, just my gut feeling. If stevens were to take steroids he would be Amir Garrett.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »

So far he looks like the next Rudy Ruettiger. Honestly he did have nice form on the one jumper he took but until Branch is eligible and with Harrison /Greene running the point he is going to struggle to find shots. Harrison and Greene are not pure points and they are also our best scorers so will be tough for another guard to get many shots off.

Sort of a trap game coming off the SC tourney. 73-67 SJU
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:02:28 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »

So far he looks like the next Rudy Ruettiger. Honestly he did have nice form on the one jumper he took but until Branch is eligible and with Harrison /Greene running the point he is going to struggle to find shots. Harrison and Greene are not pure points and they are also our best scorers so will be tough for another guard to get many shots off.

Sort of a trap game coming off the SC tourney. 73-67 SJU

Agree about Phil/Deangelo and hope we see some 3 guard lineups once branch comes around.

gman

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

Their 3 wins are against teams with a record of 2-9.  Their lost came to UTSA who holds wins over 2 of those bad teams that HC beat.  ODU is 1-3 this year.  If we don't win this game by at least 15 I'd be surprised and dissapointed.

Moose

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »

Sox - 63
Yanks - 66

Their 3 wins are against teams with a record of 2-9.  Their lost came to UTSA who holds wins over 2 of those bad teams that HC beat.  ODU is 1-3 this year.  If we don't win this game by at least 15 I'd be surprised and dissapointed.

What he said!
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
Know nothing about holy cross - imagine if we close out on 3 point shooters we win big - if not way closer then it should be

Moose

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
Know nothing about holy cross - imagine if we close out on 3 point shooters we win big - if not way closer then it should be

Stevens and Phil Beans (haha sorry that makes me laugh) seem to be their only threats

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »

Stevens and Phil Beans (haha sorry that makes me laugh) seem to be their only threats

Justin Burrell

Moose

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »

Justin Burrell

Meant their threats from 3.