San Fran Game

• 299 replies
Re: San Fran Game
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
Harrison disappeared in the 2nd half. We're down by 12, why don't we put Marco in?

Chilleb

« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
Phil Greene gave us nothing, I think c jones could have got a bit more burn. Same with bourgalt

paultzman

« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2012, 11:53:38 PM »
Too much ladling at the soup kitchen?

« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »
Doolin was pretty much unstoppable. Harrison couldn't get a shot in the second half. It happens.
Yeah it happens when you are not as good as you are cracked up to be.

Poison

« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »
I just learned something. Football players in San Francisco used to go both ways.

« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
Phil Greene gave us nothing, I think c jones could have got a bit more burn. Same with bourgalt
Phil has not played well for a while and I hope his girlfriend is getting better penetration than our offense is (and for that matter-my wife too). :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:39:25 AM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
How bout we play off doolin a little bit huh? Kid was going by us at will. Tough loss and one I really wanted
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
I just learned something. Football players in San Francisco used to go both ways.

I think a lot of them still do.

« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2012, 11:58:18 PM »
Franny F had us going undefeated going into conference play-at least 3 games off.

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »
When you dont complete the big comeback soon enough you just run out of gas.

Shouldnt have gone down so big so fast in the first few minutes of the 2nd half anyway though.

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
Doolin was pretty much unstoppable. Harrison couldn't get a shot in the second half. It happens.

It's the ninth game of the season, they didn't play well but no need to jump off a bridge.

San Fran was picked ninth, St. John's was picked 10th. Those preseason polls are just what they are. Polls. Don't read to much into it. They have so much time to grow, they have a pure PG suiting up in a couple more games. Hopefully eventually Sanchez gets on the court. Nowhere to go but up.

« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
When you dont complete the big comeback soon enough you just run out of gas.

Shouldnt have gone down so big so fast in the first few minutes of the 2nd half anyway though.
Went down because we got outplayed it's not like we chose to. Either they are a better team or we got out coached which I know is blasphemous to a lot of you but it's past midnight and we lost by 15 to a mid-major.

uwsfan

« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
Now any coach with an IQ above 50 knows that the way to stop the one dimentional Johnnies is to shut down Harrison. No one else on this team can make a 3 point shot, and we have poor ball movement.
I just dont see how this team doesnt have a losing record in BE play this year   :-\

« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2012, 12:09:37 AM »
Now any coach with an IQ above 50 knows that the way to stop the one dimentional Johnnies is to shut down Harrison. No one else on this team can make a 3 point shot, and we have poor ball movement.
I just dont see how this team doesnt have a losing record in BE play this year   :-\

I'm surprised he didn't go to Marco when Dee couldn't get a shot in the second half. Also surprised how far Jones has fallen on the depth chart.

« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »
For a possible bubble team, this will fall in the "bad loss" category on selection Sunday. I'd rather play a road game at a bad major conference school even if the rpi implications are worse.  Maybe it's just me but a loss on the road at a 15 win pac12 team optically seems better than a game like this. Where's the upside in scheduling them?

« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:54 AM »
For a possible bubble team, this will fall in the "bad loss" category on selection Sunday. I'd rather play a road game at a bad major conference school even if the rpi implications are worse.  Maybe it's just me but a loss on the road at a 15 win pac12 team optically seems better than a game like this. Where's the upside in scheduling them?
So we shouldn't even schedule one road test before BE play to help us prepare. How about winning the game. The fact we lost by 15 pts is quite telling and we shouldn't be worrying about rpi's we should be worried about becoming a better basketball team.

« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2012, 12:25:41 AM »
Best way to describe Dom's ball handling ability-it looks like he is dribbling a football.

I have a terrible cough...laughing like that hurts (LOL)

desco80

« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »

It's the ninth game of the season, they didn't play well but no need to jump off a bridge.

San Fran was picked ninth, St. John's was picked 10th. Those preseason polls are just what they are. Polls. Don't read to much into it. They have so much time to grow, they have a pure PG suiting up in a couple more games. Hopefully eventually Sanchez gets on the court. Nowhere to go but up.

No, you're right, no reason to panic.   
But let's be real; in 4 of the last 5 games we haven't looked good.    The first halves against FGCU, Holy Cross, and NJIT ?   Those we're not flukes.    That's the kind of team we are right now.

Like you say though; we're only going to go up from here.  But the guys need to put in the work.   

« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:24 AM »

Unfortunately our PG played like Sanchez (Mark)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:29:58 AM by section3 »

« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
On ball defenders need to move their feet and cut off the drivers angle. Too many times we are getting beat of the dribble and not recovering allowing other teams clear paths to the basket. We've gotten away with it alot because of our shot blocking but its a really bad habit. If you get beat you gotta bust your ass and get back in front of your man. In many cases this is happening and then we are forced to help leaving shooter open.

Also, Branch coming back is gonna be huge if he's as good as advertised on defense. It will allow him to guard the other point guards and put Dom back on other teams wings. This will be a good learning experience for us