NJIT Game Discussion

• 145 replies

Marillac

Re: NJIT Game Discussion
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »
Don't know can't remember a guy going fro 34% to acceptable before. Can anyone? Never saw someone go 0-9 from the line before either to be honest

Shooting %s after eight games are meaningless.  He shot just under 60% last year and I think he will be slightly over that mark when the year is over.  He has to make those freebies, becuase he's too valuable to not have on the floor in crunch time. 

He is overthinking things when he gets the ball on the perimeter. He has become the fourth option on the floor, but he needs to get back to what he does best, taking the ball to the hole and quick jumpers when he can get them in motion. 

Perhaps I chose a poor word when I went with incredible.  He'll never be close to Durant, but I think a guy like Danny Green is not too far off.  I think Green was an incredible player for UNC although he wasn't a star...he did everything to complement the stars and help his team win. 

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
I like Garrett, but a 6-6 swingman who is not a good shooter and terrible foul shooter will eventually struggle for minutes. Branch will eat into Garrett / Pointer minutes.

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
I like Garrett, but a 6-6 swingman who is not a good shooter and terrible foul shooter will eventually struggle for minutes. Branch will eat into Garrett / Pointer minutes.

i hope Orlando eats into their minutes...

Marillac

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »

Garrett has over a 45% career field goal percentage.  He is hitting 55% from the field this year and 33.3% from deep.  He had one terrible game from the line.

Moose

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »

Garrett has over a 45% career field goal percentage.  He is hitting 55% from the field this year and 33.3% from deep.  He had one terrible game from the line.

Uh he's, made 1 3 pointer.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

Garrett is doing a good/great job at getting the close putbacks. That increases your shooting %.
I dont remember him taking many midrange jumpers.
Molloy '71

kjd01067

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »

Garrett is doing a good/great job at getting the close putbacks. That increases your shooting %.
I dont remember him taking many midrange jumpers.

Problem is in the NJIT game he got the offensive rebound missed the putback went to the line and missed the free throws.

ras

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
People are forgetting Amir only played 1 semester last year and did not practice during the summer.

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
People are forgetting Amir only played 1 semester last year and did not practice during the summer.
Love Amir's game & hope he's with us 4 years.
He's a valuable part of rotation/starter.
Just gotta practice those free throws. (He shot 58% last year)

Molloy '71

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
People are forgetting Amir only played 1 semester last year and did not practice during the summer

A dead guy could go 0-9 from the line

LJSA

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
People are forgetting Amir only played 1 semester last year and did not practice during the summer

A dead guy could go 0-9 from the line

A dead guy could also probably figure out how to use the quote function.

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2012, 12:30:56 PM »
A dead guy could also probably figure out how to use the quote function.Report to moderator   

From work a blocker comes up for some reason douchebag

LJSA

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
A dead guy could also probably figure out how to use the quote function.Report to moderator   

From work a blocker comes up for some reason douchebag

I guess you work 24/7, because you've never successfully used it.

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
"I guess you work 24/7, because you've never successfully used it." quote from douchebag

Um no, 99% of my posts come during work hours. If you follow my posts, as clearly you do you would have noticed that. If someone wants to take the time to pull any of  my posts in the evening hours(might be a couple here or there) where I quote someone you will see the quote function working as it should. I believe it has something to do with some facebook pop up that comes across when I hit the quote function? But I do not know or honestly care. If you like I could quote something from you tonight to show you that it works. That will give you roughly seven hours to come up with something quote worthy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:40:18 PM by we are sju »

ras

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
Although Amir only shot 1-4 from the field last night, he shot 5-6 FTs, must be practicing them.

Moose

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »
Although Amir only shot 1-4 from the field last night, he shot 5-6 FTs, must be practicing them.

Or just the last game was an outlier that everyone got unnecessarily crazy about.

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
"Or just the last game was an outlier that everyone got unnecessarily crazy about"
Quote from SJU cheerleader

Moose 0-9 from line is awful. That is beyond Wilt/ Shaq/ Howard terrible. 6-6 wing players can't go 0-9 from line.

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
And announcer said before he started making his ft in this game that he was 9-28 so even subtracting 0-9 he was 9-19 under 50% not good anyway you slice it. :(

Moose

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »
"Or just the last game was an outlier that everyone got unnecessarily crazy about"
Quote from SJU cheerleader

Moose 0-9 from line is awful. That is beyond Wilt/ Shaq/ Howard terrible. 6-6 wing players can't go 0-9 from line.

Ive asked you once and will ask you again.  Please stop referring to me as STJ cheerleader.  He had one game where he goes 0-9, a game we won no less.  He bounces back with solid performance from the line but you still harp on the 0-9 like its a regular occurance.

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
"Ive asked you once and will ask you again.  Please stop referring to me as STJ cheerleader.  He had one game where he goes 0-9, a game we won no less.  He bounces back with solid performance from the line but you still harp on the 0-9 like its a regular occurance."
Quote from inside Lavin's but

Better Moose :)
0-9 from the line is so awful that it deserves to be brought up. There really is no excuse. If you are not a superstar center there really is no excuse to shoot under 70%. Dom and Garrett are both pathetic from the line. Both don't have bad form or bad touch which basically means they are not working hard enough at it.