2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies
Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #560 on: July 26, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »
Not everyone will care about this, but I realized the Syracuse game is probably going to be at the same time as the Giants home game against Seattle on Dec 15th.  1pm.   Which should have a lot of playoff implications. 

Some of us are going to have to make a tough call on where to be that day.   Unless the SJU game is at night, but I think somebody said the rangers play that night.

Playing Seattle though.  That game will probably be flexed to at least a 4pm start for those Seattle fans 3 hours behind.

Excellent point.   If seattle is as good as people expect, it could probably end up being the Sunday night NBC game too, right?   I don't know what kind of restrictions nbc has is flexing games, but I think they can do it up to 2 weeks before.

And they can also change the start time to 4 for CBS in this case.  Long time to see.  But should be a good late season matchup.

No they can't.  Only under certain circumstances can the Giants and Jets play at the same time.  But league rules prevent it.  Jets play on CBS at 4 Giants play at 1.

3 years ago Woody Johnson asked the League to play at 1 one Sunday even though Giant game was at 1 as well.  Jewish holiday he wanted to be home by sunset.  League obliged.

Flex is when NBC takes a game and moves it to Sunday night.

Last year the Jets and Giants both played at 1 in Week 17.

Moose

« Reply #561 on: July 26, 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
Not everyone will care about this, but I realized the Syracuse game is probably going to be at the same time as the Giants home game against Seattle on Dec 15th.  1pm.   Which should have a lot of playoff implications. 

Some of us are going to have to make a tough call on where to be that day.   Unless the SJU game is at night, but I think somebody said the rangers play that night.

Playing Seattle though.  That game will probably be flexed to at least a 4pm start for those Seattle fans 3 hours behind.

Excellent point.   If seattle is as good as people expect, it could probably end up being the Sunday night NBC game too, right?   I don't know what kind of restrictions nbc has is flexing games, but I think they can do it up to 2 weeks before.

And they can also change the start time to 4 for CBS in this case.  Long time to see.  But should be a good late season matchup.

No they can't.  Only under certain circumstances can the Giants and Jets play at the same time.  But league rules prevent it.  Jets play on CBS at 4 Giants play at 1.

3 years ago Woody Johnson asked the League to play at 1 one Sunday even though Giant game was at 1 as well.  Jewish holiday he wanted to be home by sunset.  League obliged.

Forgot about Jets.  But 1pm games can still be flexed to 4.  Remember it talked about extensively last year during Boomer and Carton.  Now unfortunately with this your dealing with 2 NY teams. 

I don't see anything about 4pm games going back to 1 but also was surprised to see you say Jets were 4 when most games get listed at 1 to start.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

- The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m.
- The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #562 on: July 26, 2013, 01:07:40 PM »

Forgot about Jets.  But 1pm games can still be flexed to 4.  Remember it talked about extensively last year during Boomer and Carton.  Now unfortunately with this your dealing with 2 NY teams. 

I don't see anything about 4pm games going back to 1 but also was surprised to see you say Jets were 4 when most games get listed at 1 to start.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

- The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m.
- The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

Yeah the Jet game makes it untenable.

But Seattle should be good and I could see NBC flexing that game to 8 if it has playoff implications and the scheduled 8 game stinks.

But either way the Garden will be packed trust me. 

« Reply #563 on: July 26, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
Fordham is correct,  CBS has the Jets game and they will not move it to 4.  The only thing that can be done is have it moved to NBC for the late game.

Also, I agree,  I have no issues with Lavin using twitter.  Kids use twitter every single day, all of the players and recruits follow him,  if recruits are going to hear about our non conference schedule negatively I think it is great our coach is out there right away defending it.

Also who cares what other coaches do, should worry about our own program and everything Lavin has done so far is 10X better than past coaches.

Moose

« Reply #564 on: July 26, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »
Fordham is correct,  CBS has the Jets game and they will not move it to 4.  The only thing that can be done is have it moved to NBC for the late game.

Also, I agree,  I have no issues with Lavin using twitter.  Kids use twitter every single day, all of the players and recruits follow him,  if recruits are going to hear about our non conference schedule negatively I think it is great our coach is out there right away defending it.

Also who cares what other coaches do, should worry about our own program and everything Lavin has done so far is 10X better than past coaches.

Who cares what other coaches do?  Aren't coaches matched up against other coaches?  This has nothing to do with past coaches.  Is Boeheim, Calipari, Wright, JT3, Ollie, Matta, Donovan or anyone else responding to potshots from journalists and tv personalities?  It's petty.

Go ahead and tweet crazy philosophical quotes.  But don't engage in conversation like that.

« Reply #565 on: July 26, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »
FWIW the NBC game for that night is presently Pittsburgh and Cincy.

« Reply #566 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:06 PM »
It is 2013 social media is used as a recruiting tool, no way is it petty, he is responding base too because there has been a lot of banter about the schedule.  Doesn't just have to do with an article.  Half of his responses if you checked were in response to others.
Too many people on this site who constantly have to complain about something instead of looking forward to hopefully a rewarding season.

Moose

« Reply #567 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
It is 2013 social media is used as a recruiting tool, no way is it petty, he is responding base too because there has been a lot of banter about the schedule.  Doesn't just have to do with an article.  Half of his responses if you checked were in response to others.
Too many people on this site who constantly have to complain about something instead of looking forward to hopefully a rewarding season.

Social media isn't petty.  His response is petty.  I'm fully aware of the impact and power of social media.  Doesn't mean that the things said there are automatically kosher.  Lavin is pretty active and often does 'respond' to people who say hi or mention something to him.  We are obviously on two ends of the spectrum here.  I dont like my coach defending his schedule on Twitter.  Back it up on the court.

Your right.  All I do is complain.  I forgot.  Lavin is invincible and can do no wrong.  You are talking about me here.  I was criticized for being a Lavin homer and now all I do is complain?  :2funny: ;D

If he ran over a dog the response from some here would be deflecting blame that someone swerved into his lane.  Complaining is a helluva lot different than simply disagreeing with something he does.  He's not infallible.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:17:52 PM by Moose »

Poison

« Reply #568 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »

Social media isn't petty.  His response is petty.  I'm fully aware of the impact and power of social media.  Doesn't mean that the things said there are automatically kosher.  Lavin is pretty active and often does 'respond' to people who say hi or mention something to him.  We are obviously on two ends of the spectrum here.  I dont like my coach defending his schedule on Twitter.  Back it up on the court.

Your right.  All I do is complain.  I forgot.  Lavin is invincible and can do no wrong.  You are talking about me here.  I was criticized for being a Lavin homer and now all I do is complain?  :2funny: ;D

If he ran over a dog the response from some here would be deflecting blame that someone swerved into his lane.  Complaining is a helluva lot different than simply disagreeing with something he does.  He's not infallible.

He's not infallible, but let's pick on him for something that matters. As far as other coaches go, Boeheim can't get along w anyone. He's always been a jerk. If he was on Twitter, he'd be going at it w people day and night. At least Lavin can handle someone coming at him w a different view point. I give him, or whoever wrote the response credit.

Moose

« Reply #569 on: July 27, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »

He's not infallible, but let's pick on him for something that matters. As far as other coaches go, Boeheim can't get along w anyone. He's always been a jerk. If he was on Twitter, he'd be going at it w people day and night. At least Lavin can handle someone coming at him w a different view point. I give him, or whoever wrote the response credit.

What might matter to you doesn't matter to me and vice versa.

« Reply #570 on: July 27, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »
And you know what?  I completely disagree with you?  But it is a message board who cares.  You just like to be sarcastic and disagree with everybody on the board,  I am glad I have some what of a life and don't sit behind a keyboard all day and try to pick message board fights.

Poison

« Reply #571 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »

What might matter to you doesn't matter to me and vice versa.

To be clear, I don't care what coach does on Twitter. I don't care what brand name of clothes the kids wear on the court. I don't care about a wide variety of what I like to call useless crap.

« Reply #572 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »
right on

Moose

« Reply #573 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »
And you know what?  I completely disagree with you?  But it is a message board who cares.  You just like to be sarcastic and disagree with everybody on the board,  I am glad I have some what of a life and don't sit behind a keyboard all day and try to pick message board fights.

If that's how you viewed what I said I'm sorry but wasn't my intention.  I come here to discuss a team I like.  And I enjoy differing viewpoints.

« Reply #574 on: July 27, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »
If that is the case then I apologize, just a difference of opinion.  We are both on the same side.

Moose

« Reply #575 on: July 27, 2013, 10:28:48 AM »
If that is the case then I apologize, just a difference of opinion.  We are both on the same side.

All good.  It's like how you think the trumpet player in the band is weird during games and I find him funny :)

« Reply #576 on: July 27, 2013, 01:54:57 PM »
haha, yes!

« Reply #577 on: July 27, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »
I wonder if he is back

« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »
Group hug y'all?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #579 on: July 28, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
 Don't see the big deal at all.  There are scenarios where it could look petty and bad, but not in this one, in my opinion.