2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies

TONYD3

Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #880 on: October 12, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
Forget Coker. Stupid to bring him up. I want to be excited for this team. Very scared that we have no toughness inside.

QuanMan

« Reply #881 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »
This is assuming we beat Penn St. Friday Night the 29th in Brooklyn Thanksgiving Wknd.  Newbill, a Philly PG, and Tim Frazier (Senior) combined for 32ppg in that back court last year. I think we'll get to OIe Miss but Penn St. is improving:

@HKellenbergerCL Marshall Henderson will sit out exhibition game, regular-season opener and the first two SEC games, Ole Miss announced.
Section 3
Section 116

MCNPA

« Reply #882 on: October 29, 2013, 10:14:50 AM »
This is assuming we beat Penn St. Friday Night the 29th in Brooklyn Thanksgiving Wknd.  Newbill, a Philly PG, and Tim Frazier (Senior) combined for 32ppg in that back court last year. I think we'll get to OIe Miss but Penn St. is improving:

@HKellenbergerCL Marshall Henderson will sit out exhibition game, regular-season opener and the first two SEC games, Ole Miss announced.

Good, because Henderson might be enough to get Harrison in a tizzy.  We need Harrison.

SJUFAN

« Reply #883 on: October 29, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »
This is assuming we beat Penn St. Friday Night the 29Th in Brooklyn Thanksgiving Wand.  Newbill, a Philly PG, and Tim Frazier (Senior) combined for 32PG in that back court last year. I think we'll get to IE Miss but Penn St. is improving:

@ Marshall Henderson will sit out exhibition game, regularising opener and the first two SEC games, Ole Miss announced.

Good, because Henderson might be enough to get Harrison in a tizzy.  We need Harrison.

They are staggering the suspension, he will play against us.

MCNPA

« Reply #884 on: October 29, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
This is assuming we beat Penn St. Friday Night the 29Th in Brooklyn Thanksgiving Wand.  Newbill, a Philly PG, and Tim Frazier (Senior) combined for 32PG in that back court last year. I think we'll get to IE Miss but Penn St. is improving:

@ Marshall Henderson will sit out exhibition game, regularising opener and the first two SEC games, Ole Miss announced.

Oh well...  D'Lo will have his nerves and self-control tested in that one for sure...

Poison

« Reply #885 on: October 29, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »

Oh well...  D'Lo will have his nerves and self-control tested in that one for sure...

I don't think that Harrison will be asked to guard the opposing teams top scoring guard.
Henderson could face Jordan, Branch, and if they don't get it done, Pointer.

When we were playing well, getting Harrison into foul trouble was often a strategy that
opposing coaches went to. And often it worked.

Marillac

« Reply #886 on: October 29, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »

I actually view it as an opportunity for Harrison to see a how dumb a good player can make himself look by becoming a slave to his emotions.

MCNPA

« Reply #887 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »

I actually view it as an opportunity for Harrison to see a how dumb a good player can make himself look by becoming a slave to his emotions.

I hope so. I also know that Henderson is a spectacular trash talker and will likely try to wring it out of Harrison as well.  Those two have a lot in common for sure. 

« Reply #888 on: November 21, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
Georgia Tech lost Jorgenson for the year.  Could have an impact next weekend at Barclay's:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10012157/travis-jorgenson-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-lost-season-knee-injury

« Reply #889 on: November 22, 2013, 08:32:16 AM »
Will the games at Barclays next week be televised?

« Reply #890 on: November 24, 2013, 01:14:20 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

« Reply #891 on: November 24, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

Saturdays games are on NBC sports.  As of now only one of the Friday games are on....not ours though.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #892 on: November 24, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
Yeah originally both games were on NBCSN but recently Twitter guy said the semi final was still looking for a TV broadcast. I don't know what changed.

« Reply #893 on: November 24, 2013, 12:47:13 PM »
@StJohnsBBall
Lots of questions from #SJUBB fans about TV for the Penn State game on Friday. Right now there is no broadcast TV scheduled.

‏@StJohnsBBall
Possiblity that the #SJUBB-Penn State game will be streamed at http://www.BarclaysCenter.com . The Saturday games will air on NBC Sports Network.

@StJohnsBBall
For Friday, #SJUBB fans can come out and watch live, listen to Mink/BT on the radio/online, follow live stats and follow on Twitter.

@StJohnsBBall
Will definitely keep everyone updated, thanks! #SJUBB

CC

« Reply #894 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

Saturdays games are on NBC sports.  As of now only one of the Friday games are on....not ours though.

Just a horrible job by STJ. How can that game not be on the tube.

« Reply #895 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

Don't think that's on us.  Tournament organizers and NBC sports network are to blame, IMO.

CC

« Reply #896 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

Don't think that's on us.  Tournament organizers and NBC sports network are to blame, IMO.

That could be true, but then STJ can't announce before the season that EVERY game this season will be televised either on Espn3 or tv.

Moose

« Reply #897 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:18 AM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

That could be true, but then STJ can't announce before the season that EVERY game this season will be televised either on Espn3 or tv.

Every game was.  NBC changed the programming.
Remember who broke the Slice news

CC

« Reply #898 on: November 26, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »
YES  NBC SPORTS

Every game was.  NBC changed the programming.

Well it sucks no matter what happened. Guess i'm heading to Brooklyn

paultzman

« Reply #899 on: November 26, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Confirmation;

@StJohnsBBall: Due to a change in gm times & an ensuing conflict with TV, Friday's #SJUBB game vs. Penn State will not be avail via broadcast television.

@StJohnsBBall: #SJUBB vs. Penn State: Video at http://t.co/e4wAFD1ERz, radio on Bloomberg 1130-AM, audio on http://t.co/P6KtW9pZ9Y, live stats, Twitter.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:53:41 PM by paultzman »